V-Twin Forum banner

Tank Bag for H-D Flht

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  tomjohn 
#1 ·
Been online and looked at a ton of tank bags, but I need some advise from someone who owns an Electra Glide and uses a tank bag. Does not have to be a hugh bag but prefer one with a clear rain cover and clear map pocket for maps/gps. Any suggestions?? Thanks JT

#2 ·
Thanks for all the advice on tank bags, heading out to Milwaukee, Wisconsin from North Carolina soon with a new tank tag I purchased online. The tank bag is not exactly what I wanted, but after a test run down the interstate @ 80 MPH and it did not fly off, I think it will serve well. Since I will be traveling thru some big towns, I needed a place for my GPS and maps, and this one has a place for both. I'll let you know how things work out after I return.
JT

#3 ·
Sorry. didn't see this until today. Check out Rapid Transit tank bags. I have a Recon model. Holds a Camelback, lots of pockets, map pocket, holes for ear phone wire to go through. Holds my E-Z Pass/Sun Pass in the front pocket.

#5 ·
I'm backkkkkkkkkk. Sorry, took the long way home ;) The tank bag worked great.

The tank comes from First Gear, and they have several to choose from but I chose the Laguna Mini Hard Tank Bag, and I ordered it from Cycle Gear. The bag is attached with 4 magnites, or suction cups, I used the magnites. It has a shoulder strap, which I used to go around motorcycle neck, just in case it was to come loose while running interstate speeds, but it didn't come loose, even running thru cross winds up in Indiana. When placed on tank, you can still have access to fuel cap without removing bag. Room for directions, GPS, mp3 players and ports for external wires. The tank bag is black and my Harley is black, so it doesn't look bad when on motorcycle. It is only measures 8 inches wide, 11 inches tall (from seat to fuel tank door), and approx. 5 inches high, so it is not a big cumbersome bag. When not in use, I just put in back in the nice bag it came in and put it right in my saddle bag. The bag fits right over the center panal on my FLHT Standard, and the magnites hold it securely in place. Just remember, if for some reason you need to remove the bag, DO NOT PLACE IT ON THE GROUND OR PAVEMENT/PARKING LOT. Magnets will attract metal that can scratch your tank. Always return it in the original bag to keep debris off magnites. The rain cover is not clear, but after getting caught in a down pour, the bag still was dry inside with out rain cover. I would purchase another one in a heart beat if this one every gets stolen or lost for some reason. Hope this information helps anyone looking for a tank for their Harley FLHT Standard. Ride Safe, Thomas

#6 ·
Getting ready for another road trip,, this time around Lake Erie,, from NC west to Ky, then north thru Indy to Lake Michigan, across to Lake Erie, cross border, then along shoreline of Lake Erie in Canada on Hwy 3, then to Toronto, The Falls, then south to home sweet home NC. OH yeah,,, my tank bag is a necessity, won't leave home with out it. Ride Safe,,,JT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.