V-Twin Forum banner

Headsets

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  '05Train 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have searched the forum about headsets. I looking for the half helmet/behind the head set.

I really haven't come away with a clear answer to which set works best, sounds best or has a better microphone.

The Harley set, is it better then aftermarket sets? or is there an aftermarket set better then the rest?

I want to buy these once and get the best set.

Thanks for your help,

Joe

#3 ·
ChatterBox FRS X2

Found a good deal on ChatterBoxes FRS X2's. 2 complete used working units. Me and I buddy I ride a lot with decided to give them a try, couldn't pass up them at this price. Went riding with them last week. Communications work well. My bike is a little lound and with the wind noise, the VOX didn't work to well for me. Once I started using the Push To Talk button things really went well.

Today, I went out riding solo, and hooked my Ipod up to it. The speakers on this unit are communications grade only. Music sounds pretty bad.

The original intent of the purchase was for group rides. We have been out a few times with a large group of riders and no comms. We have had folks get seperated from the rear of the pack and the lead rider was unaware of the loss.

Right now, these units look like they may help us either keep the group together, or be able to relay to the lead the the group got split.

Right now we are using with full face helmets, and they are very good for bike to bike communications.

I don't know if this will help you or just muddy the waters.

#4 ·
I use J&M headsets in my half helmets on my 06 Ultra and IMO they are the best. The music sounds great thru them. They are a bit pricey but I believe they are worth it. Got them at sierra electronics in Troy, Ohio. Those guys are great to deal with, very knowledgeable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.