V-Twin Forum banner

Half Helmets

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  LarryM 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anybody can recommend some good half helmets. I have tried on a few and they give me the mushroom effect. Lookin for something DOT approved with a small profile.

#4 ·
The problem is the design of half helmets. Their design allows the air to push the helmet upward. I wore half helmets in the early 80's then went to the 3/4 helmets since about 1982, which took care of the problem along with saving my hearing and I can hear external noises (approaching vehicles, sirens, other noises) so much better.

I live in a no-helmet state, but always were my 3/4 helmet plus it is cooler to wear a helmet than not during the summer. I look at helmets as being a cheap insurance to protect my head and most importantly my brain from possible injury. We do a lot of touring so I wear my modular helmet to protect by face from sun burn and rain.

#6 ·
I've got an HCI carbon fiber. It's about as low-profile as you're gonna get, and it's comfortable and doesn't parachute.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.