V-Twin Forum banner

Tassel length

7K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  ReRoll 
#1 ·
Hi guys , I am new to riding so I need advice. What is the appropriate length for tassels? Don't they hit you in the face ? How about colors, they always seem to be black. What about studded tassels? Now that would really be a problem if they were to slap you. I want really long tassels to show that I am a badazz.
Advice?

#34 ·
But aren't they on all the Harley motorbikes? I was suprised none on the showroom floor had any attached.
I occasionally see one briefly when the motorbike is ridden.
That brings up another puzzling question, is there a particular season or time to ride? I see so many but they are parked with the driver standing beside the machine or on the seat with feet propped up.
True, it certainly turns heads but when do they actually go places?
Is this a precaution to keep the chrome from staining? I have never seen a dirty motorbike so I suspect not actually riding them prevents this. This explains the large amount of motorbike trailers instead of riding them, it makes perfect sense except for the overhead of a vehicle and motorbike trailer to go eat the wing of a chicken once a week.

#3 ·
Not a prizewinning fist post, but well played nonetheless---

Welcome aboard

#10 ·
tigerbikebills long lost cousin? stick around man, you got it goin on.

do you wanna know tassel length before or after led's are installed?

do you hang around the mirror to practice your biker snarl? i just carry a polaroid so i dont hurt my face.

#15 ·
tigerbikebills long lost cousin? stick around man, you got it goin on.
I'm thinking there is a kinship there somewhere too --
Mebbe they're creek cousins.....

Good eyes Dennis.

#19 ·
I like mine to drag the ground, I also have studs in them so when the cagers get too close I can whip them across their windshield. Kinda sux for the OL on the back though, they tend to whip around and beat her in the face at high speed. She was f#ckin ugly to begin with, so no worries...

#20 ·
Thank you for taking the time to join us and post your question. Although most here are not badazz enough to answer your question, I would like to refer you to a site I think can answer all your inquiries. Just click here, and go to that site. Your "brothers" miss you.

#24 ·
i usually buy the overstock tinsel after christmas, use 2 sided tape a just lay a length on the table. attach the tinsel, pull it up and then wrap it around the end of the handle grip(tightly). the longer tinsel works better and its chrome. after a while you just dont even notice it whipping you and when you stop you can unwrap it and tape it to the back of your chaps and it is like a peep show.
:woohoo:

#32 ·
Brilliant idea from a note on your forum, wallets with chains. That way your testosterone level can be shown even more. I love the pagentry of being a biker. I will be so boss.

tonyvr4
FNG :)

motorcycle wallet question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This may sound like a strange question, but I am looking to get a motorcycle wallet, one of those with chains, so that mine doesn't fall out of my pocket.

Are there any that I can put my regular wallet in or is there a smaller style one that I can detach the chain from when I am not riding?

The ones that I saw at the Harley dealer are the big long ones and that would be a problem when I am not riding

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.