V-Twin Forum banner

What's your favorite Leather Jacket?

27K views 85 replies 67 participants last post by  clayslayer 
#1 ·
Back in 1977 I bought my first Leather Motorcycle Jacket from the JC Penny's catalog..............or it could have been Sears. It was an Excelled black leather jacket and I wore it until I outgrew it sometime around 86-87. So I ordered another one, just like it only bigger and I wore it for the next 11 years. I took a 10 year break from riding and at the end of the 10 years I found my old beat up leather jacket was wayyyyyyyyyy too small. This time I started looking around and found another Excelled Leather Motorcycle Jacket, in my current size, and bought it.

I guess its my favorite leather motorcycle jacket but I've noticed a lot more People wearing the synthetic jackets lately. How many "Old School" Leather Jacket Guys do we have here? :)

#4 ·
I have to admit,..............the Harley Davidson Nevada Jacket looks really good, its expensive but there's one on the clearance rack at one of our local dealers. The only thing that bothers me about it is the soft leather, I'm used to the sleeves being a bit stiff to keep from flapping in the wind.

#10 ·
I always come back to the classic Police style biker jacket. Can vent easily with snap open lapels, or wear a hooded sweat under and zip up for colder weather. Can be had for around 100 bucks. Classic.

#16 ·
@gree:
also got their leather pants ..great stuff

#14 ·
I still got my Excel, from Pennies, 1991. Been sewed up a few times, and looks pretty worn. I just got a Foxcreek today.

#18 ·
I just bought a nypd short highway from them recently.Nice jacket,but low tech. I live 5 miles from their shop and they customized it for me.I have a traditional jacket they made me in 1982,10 less lbs and i will be able to zipper it. If you go there,never pay the full retail. www.800branded.com
Great place, got a heavy leather Mcy there 10 years ago.

#20 ·
Normally, I stay away from purchasing from Harley-Davidson, but four years ago I bought their Nevada style leather jacket. It is one of their original styles, should always have them available, just right leather weight, has a liner, zippers for venting, the front pockets have a zipper along the side so it can be opened while wearing winter gloves and it has a teather strap for you keys, and important to me is it only has Harley-Davidson on the snaps and not all over the jacket. It is very comfortable and I am glad I bought it.

#28 ·
I bought a Cycle Champ in 1978. A great, tough jacket that will never wear out. Unfortunately, it shrunk after about 20 years and would no longer fit me.:redrolf:

I now have too many jackets but I would get another HD Cycle Champ if they come back like the original. I'm not worried about looking like a poser, I've been around too long for that chit to concern me.

#25 ·
I never felt comfortable in an old school biker jacket. Just too pretentious and poser-ish. This isn't 1960.

Seems a lot of bikers are more concerned with "looking the part" than actually wearing functional protective gear.

#30 ·
Ive got an old school one that ive had fore about 10 years its a little beat up now because I have tested it on the asphault a couple of times...lol...but its still good. I never fealt poserish in it. I always thought the guys with all the HD logo'd stuff looked like the posers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.