V-Twin Forum banner

Head Trip Helmet Recall

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  JOHNNYWISHBONE 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I purchased a Polo DOT helmet from ACC in the winter of 06/07 and sent it back for the liner recall when I was notified at the time. I called ACC about 3-4 weeks ago and was told I would receive a shipping label in 2 weeks and after sending the helmet back, I would receive a refund. Last week, I tried to call the toll free number several times and got a recording that the mailbox was full. Today I called and the number had been disconnected. Tried the website and that has also been shutdown.

So after discovering this, I called the NHTSA @ 1-888-327-4236 and filed a complaint. I urge everyone else that has a recalled ACC helmet to do likewise.

The call only took about 5 minutes to complete the complaint. I was told they were going to forward it to an investigator to look into, but that this did not mean a investigation would follow. I hope that if there is enough complaints filed they will investigate and hopefully those of us that were duped into buying a DOT helmet will get a refund.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.