V-Twin Forum banner

Heated Gear - da bomb!

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  hdwoman48 
#1 ·
Look I'm not going into a long dissertation here but let me just say a word about heated riding gear. I was a nay sayer before thinking it can't really be that much better. In a word, IT IS. It is one of the single best investments I have ever made. Continually I leave the house when it's 18 degrees and ride 23 highway miles to work at 70mph. Honest to god I do not even get chilled, not in the least bit. If I can sway just one person to buy and try. It's worth it. Trust me. :coffee:

#2 ·
I sprung for the entire Gerbings textile suit. Best money I've ever spent for motorcycling. In a 40 degree rain I can be warm and dry.

#5 ·
I went with First Gear jacket liner (not vest) and heated gloves and then I bought a pair of Gerbings foot insoles. All these plugs are compatable, just plug together and then into the battery tender plug and whamo. just like sitting on the couch under a blanket. :coffee:

#4 ·
im one for only riding in bare minimal. no matter where i ride im in jeans and a tshirt or a vest and at most a hoodie. just what im comfy in. baught a harley heated vest. installed it on my crossbones. ill tell ya what. best money ive spent in forever. the vest looks like a normal vest. so its cool looking and second. if you leave it on high your so hot you end up unzipping it a lil to vent yourself. stuff is amazing. im hot even when im in the vest with nothing over it. on cold days put a hoodie over the vest. and its like your under an electric blacket on your bed. amazing stuff.

#7 ·
Agreed. My jacket liner fits like a glove. No excess room but yet does not restrict any movement. 18 degrees and all I wear is a lightweight long sleeve tee shirt, the heated liner and my leather jacket. Used to be I’d be so bundled up it got to the point where I could honestly hardly move, walk or turn to look for traffic. Not anymore. :coffee:

#8 ·
I get cold hands really easily and I truly love my heated gloves. I also bought the First Gear liner, but I don't need it most mornings. If it's over 55, I wear regular gloves. Under that, the heated ones come out. I agree, they're worth every penny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.