V-Twin Forum banner

Riding gear

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sealdoggy 
#1 ·
As the weather gets cooler I'm going to change up my riding gear.

Last year I grew out of all of my old stuff, chaps and leather jacket, had a growth spurt :whistle:

Anyway I went with a North Face black Gortex mountain light Rain breaker with a 300 weight Polar tech fleece liner, warmest jacket hands down I have ever owned and totally rain proof.

Now I need your help on pants, I don't think I want leather chaps but I do want something easy to get in and out of that don't make me look like a space man.

Gotta be warm to 40 degrees, Light, easy to get in and out of, comfortable and roomy.

Do they make Gortex chaps ??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

#2 ·
A month ago I bought a pair of FieldSheer Mercury Pants from Motorcyclecloseouts.com for $80.00. They are heavy duty, wind and rain proof. I have worn them with the temp in mid 30's on a 60 mile run. One feature I really like is the outer leg and quilted liner both unzip almost to your butt. I don't have to take off my boots or roll around on the ground trying to get them on. These outer pants have really extended my riding season in Michigan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.