V-Twin Forum banner

HD Throttle Jacket

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  PR3VS56 
#1 ·
Anyone have any experience with the HD Throttle Jacket Part # 98217-10VM?

My local dealer doesn't stock it, plus it is way cheaper from Zanotti's. I just don't want to order it, and find that the quality sucks.

I'm looking for a Fall/Spring weather jacket, not too heavy, not too light, with some protection.

Thanks

#2 ·
I bought my jacket at a bike rally in 06. Some no name brand heavy jacket. Ate **** with it on at 70MPH on the freeway. Two weeks after, had it dry cleaned and she is in my saddle bag. I paid $80.00 for it. Look around there are other options.

#3 ·
I agree. Why do people pay the Hunnert Dollar tax on stuff they can find elsewhere for less money and better quality - maybe even made in the U.S.A. Is it because they wanna advertise "Hey look at me, I have a Harley in my garage?" If you ride, they're gonna know it cause you'll develop a reputation.

I bought my jacket in 1986 when I bought my first bike - a Suzuki 550. Been wearing it with pride ever since. You'd never know it was that old and since it didn't say Suzuki all over it, I can still wear it.

#5 ·
I actually like the styling of this jacket in particular... Not cause it says HD on it. I like the fact that it is waterproof, vented, canvas, has spots for body armor, and even has a removable hoodie for my morning rides.

I do want quality, which is why I am asking if anyone has experience with it.

#6 ·
I just did a part number search and resurrected this thread. As it happens, I already have one of these jackets and I'm looking for another. It's great! Very high quality with nice vents and thoughtful pockets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.