V-Twin Forum banner

BIG A$$ Sissybar Bag

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  vindex1963 
#1 ·
I bought this on the net thinking it will be big enough for the Ol' Lady and I to do weekend get aways. There were measurements but you really don't know until you see it. I came home to a box 1/2 the size of my house!!! The bag is really nice I think. There is a hard plastic liner so it won't collapse. Here's me in my brilliance thinking it needs protection from the Az sun so I put Turtle wax UV protectant on it. Now I have a GIANT bag that SCREAMS fake leather and has a shine that can be seen on the moon. I'm just glad my natural coolness outshines the luggage bag or I would be embarrassed to ride it anywhere.

See less See more
#2 ·
What big fun bags you have!!

#5 ·
Now I have a GIANT bag that SCREAMS fake leather and has a shine that can be seen on the moon. I'm just glad my natural coolness outshines the luggage bag
Zwut I was gonna say until I saw that you had already said it (including the part about your natural coolness). LOL

Looks good and looks like it will serve the purpose well.

I just want to warn you to be cautious at speeds that can induce the infamous tank slappers. All that weight behind your rear axle can sometimes induce handling problems.
Be vigilant for circumstances that might induce that (passing a semi on a windy day, etc). Been there done that!

#8 ·
I just want to warn you to be cautious at speeds that can induce the infamous tank slappers. All that weight behind your rear axle can sometimes induce handling problems.
Be vigilant for circumstances that might induce that (passing a semi on a windy day, etc). Been there done that!
Thanks for the tip. I bet it will catch a lot of air.

Me too.....Like Ed says.. good thing you got the cool factor..
:beer:
but Dayum! they are shiny... You need a rope, a dirt road, and about 30 miles to drag that shine off 'em.
Then yer ready to ride :):)
30 miles might do it haha

It's kind of a patent leather, Village People kind of thing, ain't it? (j/k)
aaww man you didn't need to say that. :)

Looks like it'll get the job done. When I bought my big ole bag the g/f asked "so where's your stuff go?"
Why do you think I put it on............

#6 ·
I laughed out loud after I put it on.

Then yer ready to ride :):)

#9 · (Edited)
Bet it does the trick with all your combined stuff. I've found extra room is a nice thing and my wife never complains about extra space.

OBTW - nice bike.

OBTW x 2 - thought of you yesterday when I was going to buy a new camera lens. Long story, used to do a fair amount of shooting with film. A short time ago, picked up a digital for the office. Anyway, had a couple gift certs from a place going out of biz. Bought a Tokina ATX Pro 50 - 135 AF lens. Messed around some with it last night. Seems okay. Thinking of some waterproof, cushioned case/pack for taking it along when riding.

#11 ·
If the wife isn't going, turning the bag around will make it easier to handle the bike.

#12 ·
On the first trip we made with the big ole bag (850 miles) I can honestly say I never really noticed it. The both of you and the windshield will block some/most of the wind off it. It'll may be harder for her gettin on and off since it's in the foot swing zone. Only was a problem for mine after her legs got tired 4-5 hrs into the day's ride

#13 ·
The denim paint is (flat look) something that they put in the clear coat to make it dull. maybe that stuff can be added to some wax and you can dull the look.

#14 ·
Rode 355 miles today without a hitch. As goofy as the bag looks....so what!!! I put a cooler in it and filled it with water because it was 108. I love that sissybar bag. I do need a couple bungee cords to help it stay upright. It wants to tilt back a little, not enough to matter but it bugs me.

#16 · (Edited)
Is this thread all about "Who has the biggest"?

I throw mine in the mix here...

It is a Kuryakin Grand Tailgater bag.

It is huge, and come with a 6-pack ice cooler and two picnic chairs.
It has a aluminum frame with a retractable handle and wheels on the bottom to roll it around.

#17 ·
Is this thread all about "Who has the biggest"?
That is big but mine still has the most shine :):)

I'm going out get those black rubber bungee cords today
to see about making it stable. The guys I rode with yesterday all said they bungee their luggage bags on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.