V-Twin Forum banner

What's footwear do you choose when you ride?

Footwear..what's your choice?

7K views 53 replies 44 participants last post by  Snuffman 
#1 ·
Like a lot of people, I like to ride my bike to work. What I don't like is wearing my boots if I'm stuck in an office all day. I also don't like wearing boots when it's hot out. 99% of the time, I just wear my sneakers when riding.

Question is, what do you wear and why?

#4 ·
I wear my boots 7 days a week and they are wore out when I'm done.

#9 ·
+1
Since duties dictate, 4-5 days out of the workweek I'm wearing combat boots. A pair of Vietnam-style green canvas jungle boot custom made in a shoe shop outside Osan Air Base, ROK for around $80 and have lasted 5 yrs.

When I'm at a rally or just joy riding, I swap for my tried and true broken down Harley lace-ups...form-fitted to my pods and broken in beyond belief. I don't care if they are made in china cuz they've always held up to whatever I throw at 'em and never had a blister.

#8 ·
Boots 99% of the time, but I took the bike around the block in sneakers last week after putting slip-ons on it. Country roads, no traffic. That accounts for my 1%. The first thing I noticed was I had more traction when stopped than my usual riding boots gave me, which are cowboy style, work boots, so I ordered a pair of "real" riding boots after letting Google work for me. I love these boots. and for seventy bucks..... can't be beat.

#11 ·
Durango harness boots or BMW Allround Touring boots, depending on the length of the ride, and what the weather is like. The BMWs are completely waterproof, FWIW, but I mostly wear the Durangos. When they wear out, I will probably replace them with Chippewa or Double H, since they are made in the USA.

#14 ·
Carhartt lace up work boots.. always.
Comfy, waterproof, easy to break in.
Laced up Airborne style. No pinch for me..

#18 ·
I am on my second and last pair of Harley brand boots. Next is likely Red Wing, Chippewa, or who knows what just not HD. The first pair had the soles come unglued from the insole. I guess it costs too much to actually stitch them together. The guy at the repair shop laughed when I asked if he could fix them. He said "Those are throw away boots, no fixing them." The second pair has a zipper up the inside of the ankle that won't stay zipped on either boot. Both pair were nice looking boots, they must be made for posing. BTW the second pair were for "after the ride" so I guess I should not expect any higher quality than I would from a pair of bedroom slippers ha ha.

#22 ·
Boots 100% for me also....but it hasta be steel toe! Bates composite steel toe boots are the best! Saved my toes once from being crushed when I was parking my bike in a tight paking lot area...squeezed between two parking curbs while duck walking, slowly accelerating, and my foot caught the curb! I was pinned for a second but my steel toe boot saved me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.