FXRG riding gear?

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  ReRoll 
#1 ·
Thoughts and opinions on this gear?

pro VS cons who's got it ?

#2 ·
I like mine...

#3 ·
Like mine. 100% waterproof leather. I have the leather jacket and pants. I have had them 5 years and have never been wet. Been through driving rain storms for hours. Still dry. Wear my electrics under them when it is cold, and I never stop if it gets cold or rains.

#4 ·
Picked up one a few months ago, bar none the best jacket I've owned. Soft leather, tons of pockets, and I can wear a tshirt under it in the upper 30's and unzip the large vents and stay comfortable in the 80's. Best part, I found a dealer online selling em for 50% off! Just bought the wife one, and she loves the thing. Got 2 for price of one. Shop around, some shops are hurtin for sales.

#8 ·
I'd have to dig for the receipt in my file cabinet, but it was a dealer in Indianapolis, I do know that much. A guy on another forum turned me on to the sale. Granted, it wasn't the newest 09 model just out, it's last years model. But for that price, it was a steal.

#6 ·
I have a jacket and the gloves. I'm happy with both. The only problem is with the gloves, if you're hands are damp or sweaty it's a little tough to remove your hand without bringing the liner with.

#7 ·
I too have boots, chaps and jacket. Heavier leather than others I have seen,, very warm with the liner, chaps are heavy leather and the boots have gortex and comfy too.

Harley is who I got mine from after shopping around. Yep more expensive but the quality is top of the fxrg gear

#9 ·
I have the FXRG textile jacket and like it quite a bit. Completely waterproof, plenty of ventilation, and a very warm removable liner. I originally wanted the midweight leather, but the dealership actually talked me into the less expensive textile due to the better waterproofing. I'll buy a Fox Creek for my leather. I also have the FXRG gloves, and will echo what was said earlier about sweaty hands. I only use them when it's really cold.

BTW, Hale's H-D in Mansfield, OH has the leather for $520, and the textile jacket for $396, which is about $100 less than I paid at the local dealership.

#10 ·
I'd like to update my post on the FXRG gloves. I rode with them in the rain last week on Tioga Pass in Yosemite. It was around 36 degrees, raining, sleeting and snowing. The outer leather was soaking wet but the inner was dry. Problem is with all that leather being soaked the gloves are no longer warm. The next day I bought some waterproofing for leather and sprayed them real good. I rode the bike home yesterday in the rain and the stuff worked, now the gloves are dry and warm.

#12 ·
I bought the new leather one about 2 months ago. Yesterday I picked up the pants. Ill be traveling the Us for about 3 to 4 weeks Im sure Ill get the chance to use them. Im from Miami, but I here it gets pretty cold up in the Mountains at night even in the summer. This is a trip of a life time, I'm leaving tomorrow.

#13 ·
I already had a couple leather jackets, so I popped for the FXRG textile jacket. Just picked it up yesterday and what a jacket; waterproof, removable liner jacket, great ventilation, plenty of pockets and comfy - this jacket has it all. So far, I've very, very happy with this purchase.

Cliff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.