V-Twin Forum banner

Recommended $200-$300 jackets?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Homesick 
#1 ·
Can any of y'all recommend a decent jacket in that price range? I'm looking for an old fashioned black biker's jacket, no laces on the sides.

These aren't deal breakers, but I'd like:
1-- A removable liner
2-- Zippered vents in the armpits- a great feature for cooling
3-- An inside pocket on the right side for a pistol

joe

#4 ·
#5 · (Edited)
I just found a last years model FXRG leather non-vented jacket on closeout from a dealer in Indianapolis for 1/2 price, $297, which was even cheaper than used on eBay. I looked for one for several weeks that was on sale since the new model is out. Without a doubt, this is one awesome jacket. Has supple leather, lots of pockets, full length fully removable liner that is also a light jacket. Tons of neat features.

A few weeks ago it was in the upper 30's here in the morning and I rode on I-5 for 70 miles with a t-shirt under it and stayed warm the whole way. On the way home it was in the 70's and I unzipped the huge front vertical vents and the horizontal rear vent and it flowed air much better than my last leather h-d jacket.

These jackets are above and beyond any other Harley jacket I've owned. I'd buy a good used one if you can't find a new one. Check with dealers, not only are they needing sales but with the new model out they will be wanting to sell the older style. I can get the name of the dealer if you'd like?

Good luck!

#6 ·
Thanks y'all, all ideas appreciated. I saw my brother today. He's got a real nice Easyriders jacket that was $199. It's a different style than I want, but it's another place to check.

joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.