V-Twin Forum banner

Seer 1/2 Helmets - Really Worth the $

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Walt C 
#1 ·
For anyone who is familiar with Seer helmets, are their half helmets really worth $240 and more vs. a well made competitor such as Shoei, HJC, Scorpion, Z1R etc...?

#3 ·
My Seer 3/4 helmet is well worth the price to me. As you know they sell them to motor officers that wear them all day, every day.
I did a 26 1/2 hour IronButt ride without taking the helmet off and my head was comfortable the whole time with the Seer. Can't say the same about me arse though...

#6 ·
Two Seers

I have an older model that is a police version. I find it and my newer civilian version to be heavier than a Shoei or Nolan half-helmet. They have a tendency to catch the wind and tug against my head/neck slightly, especially riding an unfaired bike or without a windshield. I think the visor is a great idea and now I need to have that on any other helmet to counter the effects of sun glare. Notice so many newer helmets incorporate that in their design now. The police version has a quick-disconnect buckle which is a very good feature. Had a bee fly up in between the ear flap and my head once at 60 mph, simply one-handedly unclicked the strap and the bee was free to go. Refastened the strap at a quick stop soon after and was good to go again. Their helmets are shaped to an oval vs. round shape (no Charlie Brown heads) and they fit closer to the skull as opposed to the mushroom cap shape of many others. I have received many compliments on the helmets over the past ten years that I have worn them. I just bought a new comfort liner, cushion/fit pads, and chin strap pad for my police version for about $20 and the helmet fits like new again. No other half-helmet can do that. Overall I think they're a great fit, have durability and comfort.

#8 ·
I have 2 of them - one with the harness suspension and the other with the normal suspension. They are the only helmets I have found that fit my head and are comfortable for long days.

They might be a tad heavier than other manufacturers.

Yes, I would buy another.

#9 ·
Just purchased a Seer Half Helmet

I just received my new Seer Half Helmet today and I couldn't be happier with the purchase. It is a rock solid quality helmet and is colour matched to my motorcycle. Like many others I was a little reluctant to spend the money but after being hit by a car last year wearing a helmet from a Harley dealership I'm glad I made this investment. It feels great and is a nice low profile. The visor blocks out the sun really nice. The only thing I would change is I would have cut bigger ear holes in the side straps. Other than that I know I'm going to enjoy this helmet for quite some time. The only thing I would suggest to anyone ordering one is to be patient. Forget what they say on their website about the order time. Its a pretty common complaint for anyone who makes a personal purchase. In my case my order kept getting pushed back two weeks at a time. The first excuse was "Sorry the shells used to make the helmets are on back order" followed by "Sorry we just had a big order from all the police departments trying to spend their yearly budget". I almost threw in the towel as it was about 2 months before the helmet actually got into paint production and was finally shipped. Really Seer, you were nice on the phone and all but you can't forget your personal consumers over the big budget police contracts. Now that its here I'm glad I waited and didn't buy something inferior. So, my recommendation is YES I would buy again but like I said be prepared to wait and keep calling them to get things moving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.