V-Twin Forum banner

Glasses and Doo rags question

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  1M$man 
#1 ·
Hi,

My misses is looking for a good pair of sunglasses and one of those anti microbial doo rags. I wear the glasses with the padding and have no trouble. She wears the same exact ones, and always seems to get something in her eye. I would like to get her a good pair of glsses to help with this problem. Any suggestions?

Also, anyone have a website for a doo rag that won't itch?

Thanks

#2 ·
Might give gogoles a try - I used to use them all the time but they kept getting misplaced. So I use the industrial safety glasses now they look like a pair of bug eyes when your wearing them - but they do the job - and their cheap.
As for the doo-rag - I can't give ya much help there - The one I've got has a felt liner in the front and works great to keep the sweat problem down - but it still itches.
Hope ya find something she can be happy with.:)

#4 ·
Hi,

My misses is looking for a good pair of sunglasses and one of those anti microbial doo rags. I wear the glasses with the padding and have no trouble. She wears the same exact ones, and always seems to get something in her eye. I would like to get her a good pair of glasses to help with this problem. Any suggestions?
Ah, glasses.... I looked at a number of H-D dealers, metric dealers and indies. I tried on a number of brands and models that had foam eye cups and could be had with prescription lenses. They ranged from cheap to very expensive. I found the ones that fit my face and let in no debris, dust or wind at Wal Mart optical.

Brand name and price are no guarantee of good fit and what fits one person well might be an awful fit for another. I'd suggest doing what I did...check around, have her try 'em on and don't forget about Wally World.

#5 ·
I can't help you with the do-rag as I don't wear one, never have. As for the glasses, I wear Wiley-X. They are hands down the best impact resistant sunglasses I have ever owned.

Dave

#7 ·
The Wiley-X glasses are ace. Just be aware that their transitional lenses don't get dark enough for really bright sunlight.

#8 ·
Hey Trooper,

The one's from wally's...were they padded?

Thanks

#9 ·
Yes....padded and prescription. They can be had in non-prescription for significantly less money. No, I really don't recall how much, but they fit, the prescription was right, the foam blocks the wind and it was a very easy process. Like I said, I checked many glasses including Wiley-X and Panoptix (both very nice) and these fit me a lot better than others.

If you aren't looking for prescription lenses, one of the site sponsors sells very inexpensive, foam lined glasses....gray, yellow and clear. These also worked very well for me until I needed prescription lenses.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/1584666-post402.html

T113

#11 · (Edited)
sounds like she has the same problem as me as she gets helmet itch. I get it really bad and it drives me nuts but I found that wearing 100% cotton do rag stops or at least makes it less irritating. it's a road hog from Zan headwear. the others they make don't do the trick and the road hog one wroks for me.
I bought 4 of them from http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...in&catId=&productId=p355888&leafCatId=&mmyId= for the sunglasses it all depends on the shape of her face as a pair that works on me or you may not work on her. I'm on a second pair of curvz sunglasses I bought at a metric bike shop. they have the foam padding and were around $25.
I did a search and found them for you to see, i don't know this web site at all though.
http://www.cbxmanmotorcycles.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=LS-02-01&affid=4

#13 · (Edited)
You can get non polarized Wiley X for 75 dollars or less. My God, why would you not spend the extra few dollars for ANSI protection?

I would not trust the 25 dollar Chinese sunglasses holding up to a stone thrown up from a truck at 80mph.

That same stone will damage a Wiley X but not shatter it.
I have been hit directly in the eye so many times I cant count.
Not yet with a big stone, but i will be ready if one heads my way.
How much is your wife's eye worth?

Here is a top of the line polarized version with a stylish blue mirrored lens for smaller faces. Not exactly girlie, but cool and effective.
http://www.code-2.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=698&click=2

Just go to their website and find a style you like and Google the model to find the best price.

Wiley X are:
Shatterproof, selenite, polycarbonate lenses of Willey X sunglasses and combat goggles define the ballistic qualities of our many styles. Some models of Wiley-X sunglasses and tactical goggles have been tested to withstand a 12 gauge shotgun blast from 10 yards away helping Wiley-X to gain not only national but international notoriety. Because WileyX eyewear have produced such a reliable, trustworthy ballistic goggles and sun glasses over the years, they are currently a standard issue item with the F.B.I., D.E.A., Army Rangers, Navy Seal Teams and Military Special Forces, and we are happy to supply Wiley X Goggles and Sun glasses to the US Military and Law Enforcement agencies along with our mil. spec night vision and other optics (quantity discounts for the U.S. military on ANSI Z87.1 & Z87.+ certified Tactical Performance Eyewear are available).

Wiley X goggles and sunglasses can be used for industrial manufacturing, and they are certified by Underwriters Laboratories to comply with the regulations and requirements mandated by United States Department of Labor (OSHA 29 CFR 1910.133 Employee Eye and Face Protection), ANSI Z87.1-1989, and the ANSI Z87.1-2003 (copy of Wiley X Spectacles and Goggles UL test report is available)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.