V-Twin Forum banner

New HD GPS, made my Garmin.

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Bowtie18 
#1 ·
#7 · (Edited)
The HD model is the 3 year old Zumo 550 model (3.5"), wait until April 10th and with a little bit of on line smart shopping and you'll spend less money on the brand new soon to be released Zumo 660 4.3" widescreen. GPS technology changes quickly so the new Garmin model should be better, faster, and packing newer capabilities like... Lane assist, 3-D building view, photo navigation, and Where am I?. The 550 is a great model but for for less money you could get the newest technology. MSRP for the 660 is $799 (same as the HD 550) so you should be able to buy the 660 online for significantly less even with your discount on the HD 550.

The only thing you'd be giving up is the HD flash screen and the preloaded HD dealership POIs (and the 3 year old technology).

#9 ·
Thanks. I know that some of the HD stuff is dirt cheap at cost, but obviously this isn't one of em!:whistle:

I'll just have to get a ZUMO. I have just seen list of close to 799-899, and thought that at my cost I Might catch a break.

Since I'm just starting a new job, I really don't want to spend that much. I was hoping I might be able to get it for 500 or less, but it seems that isn't the case.

I'll just hold off. I would get one at a good deal, but that is just more than I want to spend until I see if this is going to work out for me working at the dealer!

Thanks for your help, and for not trying to "teach" me any more than I asked for!

I appreciate it!:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.