V-Twin Forum banner

Full Face Helmet options

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Flyin Brian 
#1 ·
I purchased a clearance FF helmet from the local stealer a few years ago and last week I broke the tabs on both of my shields. I'm trying to locate a cheap shield and not having much luck. The helmet is an AGV out of Italy, and it has HD logos all over it and of course MADE IN CHINA on the tag inside (I wouldn't have bought it if I had seen that crap). Anyhow, I was able to find a replacement shield for $60 by calling AGV direct, but I am hoping to call around and find one at the local dealers around here... can anyone help me get a part number for this shield? The only thing I can find is that it is the "LODE STAR" series of helmets and the AGV cross reference shows it is the same as the Ti-Tech line of AGV helmets.

Since I already proved the shields have cheap tabs, I'm thinking I should just replace the damn helmet with something more sturdy and not made in china... what is a good brand with an easy to use and fairly robust visor connection design? I'm looking at a Shoei RF-1000 and it looks pretty easy to take on and off.

#2 · (Edited)
Jafrum helmet site

Flyin' Brian,

For $199.99, I just purchased a HCI Model 75 Carbon Fiber FF helmet from http://www.jafrum.com

Browsing thru Jafrum's pages, I couldn't believe the prices on some of their helmets. Accessories (like shields) are available too. I've bought from Helmet City, Kneedraggers, and other places but these prices are the bomb.
Not sure of what style you like, but, I get remarks on my helmet all the time.

This one's for the missus, just because tomorrow is our 11th anniversary, and she loves my ($800) Vemar Carbon Fiber helmet so much.

So now we'll be twinkies riding 2-up. I know, how gay is that?

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)
I have the Shoei RF-1000 and RX-11 in Matted Black , I really like them and it's simple to change from dark to light to clear shields...

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I think I might have figured out the problem and found a great solution. So the problem is my helmet is AGV, bought it from HD and they act like they've never seen it before and their solution is to point me to the rack where their new helmets are... bastards. So I start considering a new helmet, I look on the rack and here is an HJC helmet with the same shape shield I have... and the base plates look like they have the same mounting holes. So I ask the motorclothes babe if I can get these HJC sideplates and bolt them on my AGV helmet and she does the "forehead smack 'coulda had a V-8" thing and says "why didn't I think of that?". So then she calls me the next morning and says the plates are being shipped from HJC and there is no charge!! Bottom line is I will post when I get this all done, but if these sideplates fit, this means I can bolt on the plates and now I can buy HJC shields for my helmet, which are stocked at every HD stealer and Cycle Gear and all the metric dealers... I wont be stuck with an oddball shield.

I also stopped by Cycle gear on the way home and they had an RF-1000 on sale since it was last years model.... so I got a bitchin Shoei and my AGV will be my backup helmet.

Ride ON!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.