V-Twin Forum banner

Any opinions on T-bags

3K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  1M$man 
#1 ·
Sitting around today we started thinking of heading west for a couple of weeks on the bike. Of course looked at some bags beyond doing the 600 plus hardware for the Harley luggage.

Saw the T-bags site and looking for some opinions if anyone here has used them.

Trip works out right now to bout 5000 miles so need something that will stand up to some abuse. Any other bag suggestions welcome.

Thanks...

#11 ·
Amen! I got the 950 bag. 1/2 the price of the T bag and in my IMO they are the same bags. I soak mine with silicone waterproof spray every spring and away we go! We did a 12 day trip and had everything we needed. Picked mine up for $127 at an e-bay store brand new in the box. They have gone up though, a buddy paid aroung $150 for his last summer.

#5 ·
I got one of the side load Harley nylon bags off a discount rack at a local dealership.
i been hard on it over the last seven years and it's held up real nice.
with it being side load it's easy to get in and out of it, ether on the side of the road, truck stop, or cheap motel.

#6 ·
I have a Sturgis T-Bag that can hold up to a week's worth of stuff, or I can zip it closed and take just a couple of days worth. I'm pretty happy with it, although they aren't cheap.

#9 ·
T-bag

I've been having one of the expandable T-bags since 2002, and it holds everything I need for a couple of weeks on the road. For the long trips I open it up, stuff it full until it won't hold any more, and put it on the passenger seat as a back rest. (put something soft in the front---it's easier on your back than boot heels) It's like a recliner. The T-bag is tough and works for me.

I also have a smaller bag that stays on my luggage rack all the time if I'm not on a long trip. I'd had the bag on the rack for daily use about 2 years or so, long enough that it didn't look black any more, and my bike sleeps inside unless I'm on the road. When the stiching ripped on the part of the bag that slips over the sissy bar, I called T-bags. They had me send the bag to them, and within a week I had a brand new replacement bag. I'm a big fan of good customer service and that's what I got from the folks at T-bag.

Craig

#13 ·
I've been using a T-Bags backseat bag on my Road Glide (which also has a tour-pack) for the last year and I like it. That one obviously wouldn't work for riding two up, but it has been a good, rugged, convenient piece of equipment.

By they way ... Yes, I realized that one person riding with a tour-pack and a backseat bag sounds like A LOT of luggage. I would agree that packing lighter is a good thing, but most of my long distance riding is work related and keeps me on the road for a week or more at a time with a need to show up places looking clean and spiffy. I end up filling the saddle bags with stuff the bike might need on a long trip, the tour pack with dress clothes, files, and a computer bag. The backseat bag is for my normal clothes and other personal luggage.

Two friends of mine who ride a street-bob and a sportster respectively, also happen to be gay. The first accessory they bought for their bikes were T-Bags sissy bar bags. They both said they knew that would be the best way for them to go. I swear I'm not makin' this up, but the other two pervs in the thread need not feel lonely...

#15 ·
I've got one of those cheap ones that you see at leather vendors booths at bike shows. I keep thinking about upgrading to a name brand, but I've put this thing through h*ll and its holding up great. Its cheap enough that I don't feel bad about throwing on the ground at camp or leaving it hanging empty in the garage the rest of the time. The rain cover that came with it actually works too.

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Motorcycle-Saddlebags/Sissy-Bar-Travel-Leather-Bag-Set/54610.html

I also have a Kuryakyn Mini Gran Tour that I use a lot. Its big enough to hold my wife's stuff without me having to put the saddlebags on. It will also hold my jacket and/or vest if it gets warm.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/13/scID/27/IMID/679

#20 ·
that site (leather up) is outrageous. I had to go for that bag at 79 dollars. They had a smaller one for even less. God bless the Chinese I guess. I had to pull the trigger on the cheep cheep chaps. I do NOT need a HD logo on my leather gear, thanks.
What a find. I bookmarked that spot.

#18 ·
I'm as wide as the bag and the bag is behind me, so between me and the windshield I doubt it adds much drag. I suppose the weight would be as much a factor as anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.