February 2013 ROTM Contest Entry Thread - Post your entries here : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > Ride of the Month
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

gtnot wants to know Dino or Syn?
February 2013 ROTM Contest Entry Thread - Post your entries here

I'm sure that Santa brought you lots of goodies, have you gotten them installed yet? Let us all enjoy them with you. And remember, the story is part of the fun.
gtnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

Dools103 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Well actually I got to ride today, feeling bad for the northern faction, just thought I would hopefully let some people enjoy "Sweetness" as much as I do, 2009 Road King Classic, V&H slip ons, 12.5 bars, Arlen Ness Big Sucka air cleaner, Sundowner seat and a 2inch lift on the front of the tank, speedo/tach install, and Jack Daniels, visors, 59 Caddy taillights, rails around the bags just simple stuff I like, hope you like it, actually was not clean, just finished 100 or so miles, Tks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0001.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	75865   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0002.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	75866   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0005.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	75867  
Dools103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
FNG :)

FattyBob wants to know Dino or Syn?
First Harley, original owner, '09 FXDF. All maintenance and modifications done by myself, including cams, exhaust, PV tune and lots of accessories. Not shown is detachable rack and trunk that matches the bags. Planning a big-bore upgrade later this year.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG0255_small.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	76040   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0254_small.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	76041   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0256_small.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	76042  
FattyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

Eleft36 wants to know Dino or Syn?
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/at...p;d=1357821727

Mounting things on an FXSTC involve modifying and fabricating adapters(saddle bags, engine guard to fit extended controls, fork air deflector, tour pack and extending lower windshield supports)..
Some Items have to be cut apart added to and re chromed (Bag Guards from a Deluxe).

Al
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1777.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	76102   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1678 (Large).jpg
Views:	413
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	76103   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1694 (Large).jpg
Views:	418
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	76104  
Stock 110" mufflers Stock Heads Andrews 26 Cams SE103" BB Kit Zippers Cam Chain Tensioners SE Compensator Mustang Wide Touring Seat Stock Bars H.D. Oil Cooler 1990's LeatherWorks inc Saddle Bags with HD Deluxe modified guards H-D Windshield Thunder Max A/T 2005 S E Tour Pack Progressive Shocks & fork Mono Tube kit
Eleft36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
FNG :)

kanetruck wants to know Dino or Syn?
Talking xmas to me

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/me...-imag0281.html
kanetruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

Berg wants to know Dino or Syn?
2005 FatBoy -FLSTF carburated, found lonely by the roadside from a female owner.
Lonely has but few friends. To accent Lonely we have diamond cut jugs, screaming eagle 2into1 exhaust, powered by a titillating 88 , a comfortable Saddleman seat, a few extra chrome accessories.

Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

pcarrell wants to know Dino or Syn?
I'll probably get slaughtered by the awesome bikes already shown, but I'll throw my hat in the ring anyways. My ride is a little different flavor from those already you've seen in this thread so far.

Lets start with the basics......

Year: 2001
Maker: Kawasaki
Model: Drifter
Named: Nadine
Eng size: 1500
Pipes: Vance & Hines Longshots
Seat: Fire & Steel
Wheels: Stock Spokes
Accessories: The list is long, check out the story
And the story: OK, here goes.........

I wanted bike that the wife and I could enjoy before she could no longer ride. You see, she has Muscular Dystrophy, and it's degenerative, so one day she won't be able to ride anymore, but in the meantime, we ride!

I've added floorboards for my wife (on custom made brackets), and did a ton of my own custom leatherwork (a skill I picked up many years ago). All of the floorboard skirts, tour pack leatherwork, and fender skirts are my own work. The tank bra and rear fender bib are from Chilowee leathers. There's Iso grips under the fringed and laced covers for my comfort. The pipes are Vance & Hines Longshots that have a nice throaty sound with a bit of bark with a twist of the wrist. I've also added a Meanstreak clutch pack with the 2 piece holders that give the bike a more positive feel. I also fabricated my own license plate lay down bracket that is totally hidden for a nice clean look. The tank badges and air cleaner emblems are from Zambini Bros (I've stripped all the brand labels from the bike totally). The tour pack is an old '69 Harley shovelhead pack (custom made brackets) that I fitted with a current model Harley wraparound backrest pad (to keep the wife planted). I created a bracket to move the rectifier under the radiator and in it's place on the left side I've mounted a 50's era chrome Harley tool box on a custom made bracket. I've also added amber fog lamps and a custom bag behind the Nomad style windshield. The mirrors have been swapped out for some Emge mirrors that are a bit more curvaceous. On the 2up seat, I stripped it down and added gel pads to it for comfort (mostly for the wife).

The future calls for a little more leather work, a fender light I've had for a while now, and I'm working on some home made lowers. After that, maybe paint, if I can make up my mind on something.

Personally, I like the solo look best, but I ride with the 2up look most of the time (the wife loves to ride ya know).

But enough words, how about some pics?

Before fog lights and mirrors.............

Old mirrors and a chrome spark plug box in place of the current windshield bag.....

Last edited by pcarrell; 02-15-2013 at 10:48 PM.
pcarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement