April 2012 ROTM Entry - Post your photos here : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > Ride of the Month
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 03:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

gtnot wants to know Dino or Syn?
April 2012 ROTM Entry - Post your photos here

We're ready to start accepting entries for April. Let's see what you got, and remember the story is just as important. Thanks to all who enter.
gtnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
FNG :)

politronics wants to know Dino or Syn?
Here ya go!

1994 FLSTN Heritage Softail Special

Engine -
Jim's 89" Kit
Gerolamy Heads
Crane cam, lifters, rods
Mikuni Carb
Ness Big Sucker
Kerker 2-into-2 Head Pipes
HD Mufflers w/Shark Fin Caps

Tranny-
6 Speed Rev-Tech gear set

Suspension -
Progressive front springs and adjustable shocks

Wheels -
HD Chrome Spokes

Controls -
Beefy Bars, hidden wires w/'96 up HD chrome controls
Iron Braid Levers
Custom Chrome Mirrors

Body -
Front Fender stripped of lights, HS logo and rivets
Rear fender is a HD Fat Boy Fender w/Doss Fat Tombstone Taillight and Billet Boys layed back frame w/Turn Signals

Misc. -
Billet foot Controls
Hardstreet Bags
SS Cables
HD Engine Guard and Pegs w/Ness Mounts
HD Nostalgia Foot Pads
Upgraded Head and Passing Lamps
LED Turn Signals
Harley Sundowner Seat w/pad and memory foam for go
La Pera seat for show.

Besides the regular stuff, RIDDEN to Sturgis from Northern California 5 years in a row, Street Vibes in Reno every year (she's not just a pretty face!)

politronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

Conolon Kid wants to know Dino or Syn?
1992 FXDC. One of 3000. 7700 miles. Absolutely pristine, I replaced the original tires this year. 100% original "As Delivered", right down to the original saddlebags & fork bag (the original windshield is in the garage). The only thing on this bike that ain't original is the bicycle horn I put on the handlebars. The photo shows a three hundred dollar set of "Willie G" front, rear & highway pegs that immediately went in the nearest dumpster and were replaced with the correct OEM pegs.
That's it. A twenty year old 100% unmolested original.
Motor: 80" Evo
Trans: 5 speed
Wheels: Stock H-D Mags
Seat: OEM
Sissybar & backrest: OEM
Saddlebags: OEM
Paint: Original Silver & Vivid Black

Last edited by Conolon Kid; 03-23-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Conolon Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

rickss69 wants to know Dino or Syn?
2007 1200r

I had always wanted a Roadster and finally ran across this one with 7000 miles on the odometer and in excellent condition. Drove 17 hours straight to pick it up myself to ensure nothing happened to it.

Not wanting to deviate too much from the stylish Roadster look I made a limited amount of changes. Yes, I will keep up with all the stock items removed should I ever decide to restore it to it's original state. Personal changes include:

Mustang Tripper Solo seat
D&D Bobcat exhaust
12" CE shocks
SuperBrace
Avon Venom tires
Motherwell cargo rack
H-D forward controls
S&S air cleaner
Layback license plate mount
DK X14iED's

This Sportster is without a doubt the finest version H-D ever produced. I can find no faults in it...handles and corners like it's on rails plus plenty of power on tap with brakes to match. The 1200R has quickly become my daily go-to rider.

Last edited by rickss69; 03-25-2012 at 07:03 AM. Reason: add photo
rickss69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

borntoraisehogs wants to know Dino or Syn?
50s style strip down

[IMG][/IMG]
I am old fashioned, some would say old school, but I never liked school.
I enjoy bike art as much as the next guy, but I was trained to remember modifications should be improvements. Some modifications might be for appearance only, and when the the trade offs are considered, if that modification has made the machine less road worthy, or less safe.. the beauty of your rake or stretch, with a seat off a italian bicycle and handlebar grips above your head might not seem worth it to you in the long run.
I was slow to feel the need for an Evo, but when an almost new engine was offered to me at a price I couldn't refuse, I took the shovel out of my 1983 FLHT and built this bike around it. I wanted to recreate the strip downs that ruled the streets before the word chopper, which appied only to altered frames, came into vogue and misuse.
When my brothers became aware I was building again, they all asked what they could give. I am no mooch and paid for some of the larger components rebuilt tranny and forks, but it wasn't easy, most would not take anything and I have to force some to take something, guns or such in trade.. The spare parts were showered on me by the best men walking.
I put things together the way I wanted, the way I remembered the big guys strip downs looking when I was a 14 year old kid hanging around and keeping up the best I could on my 250 Ducati.
I wanted no battery and the look of the horse shoe style oil bag. One of my brothers welded that oil tank up from steel stock .Such craftsmanship and quality is not available from parts stores at any price. The magneto operates the ignition independently of all other electrical components
The lights are bright and steady as I have retained the stator- regulator- retifier system, it now feeds a capacitor, the size of a D cell under the tank instead of a storage battery.
I don't weld and had help with some brackets but other than that this little bike was made by me, piece by piece, from lacing the spokes, to the paint. The engine is stock except for a Andrews BH cam , Jims lifters and push rods, the S&S two throat, and the Morris M-5 magneto. If I do my drill, this bike will start cold on the first kick everytime.
The generousity of my brothers and the process of doing it all myself , exactly as I wanted it, makes this bike something very special and makes me feel I have the right to feel proud of it in a way someone with a purchased motorcycle can never have.

ps Had I gone totally insane, I would have gone with the the entire strip down formula, using only the left tank half, and no fenders what so ever.

Last edited by borntoraisehogs; 03-29-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: add post script
borntoraisehogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

theyammieguy wants to know Dino or Syn?
1994 FXSTS
15,000 miles. Maybe. Who knows if the speedo has been replaced before?
14" wild1inc springer outlawz
Updated to 96+ hand controls
Badlander seat
S&S super E
Screaming Eagle Module

I've been building Yamaha choppers for about 8 years now and got tired of the shitty resale value. I decided I wanted to try my hand at Harley's so I put my Roadstar chop up for sale. I decided on a softail and when I saw this springer, I had to have it. I drove 2 hours to look at the bike and didn't even sit on it. I gave the guy the cash and rode it home. I love this bike more than any other chop I've put together.

Some future mods include. V&H 2-1 pipe(should be here this week), High compression pistons, Woods cam, aftermarket ignition, new rims, new tins, forward controls, paint, turn signals. You know, the usual "make it your own" type ****.

Anyway, here's my 94 Softail Springer. The first picture is the night I brought it home. The rest are the way it looks now.

theyammieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

claydbal is reading this now saying WTF is this?
hey kid, original is cool, but what happened to the real chopper?
Old 04-04-2012, 03:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

C-Cat wants to know Dino or Syn?
Man, nice bikes! I really like Poli-T's Heritage and what Rick has done with the Sporster. What pipe is that 2 into 1?

124 ci. 07 Streetbob
107ci. 2011 RGC
C-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

rickss69 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Cat View Post
Man, nice bikes! I really like Poli-T's Heritage and what Rick has done with the Sporster. What pipe is that 2 into 1?
That would be a D&D Bobcat 2-1.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

Conolon Kid wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydbal View Post
hey kid, original is cool, but what happened to the real chopper?
Still licking it's wounds from the loss to the Knuck (although there was definately no shame coming in second to that thing). Gotta get offa my ass and take more pics next time.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

93fxrsc wants to know Dino or Syn?
Love that 1200R. I never understood why they weren't more popular. Best looking factory Sportster ever, IMO. If I were to get a late model Sporty, I'd put taller shocks on it and make it look and ride like an R model.
93fxrsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

gid58 wants to know Dino or Syn?
93 FXLR 96" S&S 600 cam Zippers G2 carb LSR 2" Prostock Pipe Works rear shocks Arlen Ness 2" dampners Progressive springs Hidden front axle Vulcan swingarm pivot blocks Extended swingarm Ball Bearing pivot upgrade New Rev Tech 5 sp tranny Jims Pawel Dyna shift arm BDL clutch Dyna ign and coils 2010 StreetBob rear wheel 17X4.25 with 150 tire need new Corbin seat and Procycle Speedo (

Last edited by gid58; 04-11-2012 at 08:14 AM. Reason: spelling
gid58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

gid58 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickss69 View Post
I had always wanted a Roadster and finally ran across this one with 7000 miles on the odometer and in excellent condition. Drove 17 hours straight to pick it up myself to ensure nothing happened to it.

Not wanting to deviate too much from the stylish Roadster look I made a limited amount of changes. Yes, I will keep up with all the stock items removed should I ever decide to restore it to it's original state. Personal changes include:

Mustang Tripper Solo seat
D&D Bobcat exhaust
12" CE shocks
SuperBrace
Avon Venom tires
Motherwell cargo rack
H-D forward controls
S&S air cleaner
Layback license plate mount
DK X14iED's

This Sportster is without a doubt the finest version H-D ever produced. I can find no faults in it...handles and corners like it's on rails plus plenty of power on tap with brakes to match. The 1200R has quickly become my daily go-to rider.
LOVE that pipe,,Great Look!!

Last edited by gid58; 04-11-2012 at 10:26 AM.
gid58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

texaslegends wants to know Dino or Syn?
looks nice
Old 04-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Laughing Poseur

cwilks wants to know Dino or Syn?
Gid...that's all the pics ya got....your not gonna win with one man
cwilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement