March 2012 ROTM Poll - Vote Here!

5K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  gtnot 
#1 ·
We've got a variety of engine types this month, here we go:

trippster123

Heres mine. 07 Wide Glide.

pgash2

2007 rkc
Ill give this a shot, Im not real computer savvy. There should be attachments. Sorry for the quality but Its cold and I just finished the suspension. Take a look, shes a 2007 rkc lowered with progressives front and rear, 21 inch front wheel with wide whites, sixteen inch apes internally wired with stainless cables. All the extra bs like crash bars have been removed. Andrews 26G cams with a pc5 and open air filter. She may not be much but she is mine!!!

jbmolly

Year:1947
Model:FL Knucklehead
Eng size: 80ci
Transmission(5sp, 6sp etc):4 spd
Pipes:stock
Seat:Heathers Leathers, original Replacement
Wheels: stock
Accessories: front and rear bumpers, green auxiliary lights from 1950
And the story:
This was my Grandfathers Bike. He bought it in 1957. I remember it sitting in the basement at his house since i was a kid but never heard it run. It has 8314 original miles. I refinished it using all of the original parts except the seat and pipes and tires. The Original Seat was all dried and I didn't want it to crack and bust open so we replaced it and I put the original one away. I cleaned the original bags and re used them. Someone had added some home made dual exhaust and it looked bad so we replaced them with the chrome original style exhaust. We had some of the original re chromed but most were just cleaned up. We refurbished the motor with new seals and gaskets and we had to add a new crank and rods. It still has the original style 6 volt battery and lights, Kick Start, Foot Clutch and Dead Man's Throttle. I did decide to go with the Dunlop tires since I planned on riding it. Now it rides and runs like a new one. I smile like a Possum every time I ride it.

Conolon Kid

'49 fl

1949 FL. Original motor, 4-speed trans & frame. Little cam, Wiseco 9 1/2:1 pistons, Harley oil tank, Paughco 6" over springer, chrome spoke wheels 16 & 21" (regulation chopper size), Avon Speedmasters 5:00x16 & 3:00x21, custom solo seat covered in a Bates type pattern, paint is a dark charcoal with a little flake to pick up the light. Original rear drum brake, no front brake (also regulation chopper), High/Lo drag pipes. Accessories? I dunno....a kick starter?
Not much of a story, the guy I got it from busted his ankle and couldn't start it anymore. It had been neglected and needed a little love. The head gaskets leaked like a stuck pig, clutch way out of adjustment, timing was out of whack, chain was loose, risers were installed all wrong. All better now, I'd ride it anywhere.

jslenk

2005 Electra glide classic Rineheart pipes big bore kit cams high compression pistons under tank lights

BBChopper

Took my Dog for a walk on the beach in Daytona!!!!!
Bike Week 2012,

There we have it, thanks to all who entered. Those that haven't entered can't win. Get your entry posted for the April contest.

See less See more
#4 ·
Had to vote for the knucklehead with it being in such great condition, the Conolon Kid would've had my vote on the pan otherwise.

#9 ·
The Knucklehead gets my vote. A very nice restoration job and a great story. That's a combination that's hard to beat.

#14 ·
Obviously has to be the 1947 Knucklehead for first. But I'm gonna be the odd one and say the trippster123 07 Wide Glide would actually get my choice as a daily rider.

#17 ·
Congrats to jbmolly, a runaway winner. His ride dominated the contest this month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.