March 2012 ROTM Entries - Post your photos here : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > Ride of the Month
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 12:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

gtnot wants to know Dino or Syn?
March 2012 ROTM Entries - Post your photos here

Awesome turnout for Feb, let's see what we can come up with for March. Thanks to all who enter.
gtnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
FNG :)

trippster123 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Heres mine. 07 Wide Glide.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

pgash2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
2007 rkc

Ill give this a shot, Im not real computer savvy. There should be attachments. Sorry for the quality but Its cold and I just finished the suspension. Take a look, shes a 2007 rkc lowered with progressives front and rear, 21 inch front wheel with wide whites, sixteen inch apes internally wired with stainless cables. All the extra bs like crash bars have been removed. Andrews 26G cams with a pc5 and open air filter. She may not be much but she is mine!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lowered road king.jpg
Views:	1151
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	70291   Click image for larger version

Name:	lowered road king2.jpg
Views:	1131
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	70292  

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson
2007 Road King Classic, Vivid Black of course, Andrew 26H Cam, Power Commander V, K&N Filter and charger, Vance and Hines Slip Ons.

Last edited by pgash2; 02-18-2012 at 10:42 PM.
pgash2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

jbmolly wants to know Dino or Syn?
Year:1947
Model:FL Knucklehead
Eng size: 80ci
Transmission(5sp, 6sp etc):4 spd
Pipes:stock
Seat:Heathers Leathers, original Replacement
Wheels: stock
Accessories: front and rear bumpers, green auxiliary lights from 1950
And the story:
This was my Grandfathers Bike. He bought it in 1957. I remember it sitting in the basement at his house since i was a kid but never heard it run. It has 8314 original miles. I refinished it using all of the original parts except the seat and pipes and tires. The Original Seat was all dried and I didn't want it to crack and bust open so we replaced it and I put the original one away. I cleaned the original bags and re used them. Someone had added some home made dual exhaust and it looked bad so we replaced them with the chrome original style exhaust. We had some of the original re chromed but most were just cleaned up. We refurbished the motor with new seals and gaskets and we had to add a new crank and rods. It still has the original style 6 volt battery and lights, Kick Start, Foot Clutch and Dead Man's Throttle. I did decide to go with the Dunlop tires since I planned on riding it. Now it rides and runs like a new one. I smile like a Possum every time I ride it.

Last edited by jbmolly; 02-28-2012 at 03:36 PM.
jbmolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

Conolon Kid wants to know Dino or Syn?
'49 fl

1949 FL. Original motor, 4-speed trans & frame. Little cam, Wiseco 9 1/2:1 pistons, Harley oil tank, Paughco 6" over springer, chrome spoke wheels 16 & 21" (regulation chopper size), Avon Speedmasters 5:00x16 & 3:00x21, custom solo seat covered in a Bates type pattern, paint is a dark charcoal with a little flake to pick up the light. Original rear drum brake, no front brake (also regulation chopper), High/Lo drag pipes. Accessories? I dunno....a kick starter?
Not much of a story, the guy I got it from busted his ankle and couldn't start it anymore. It had been neglected and needed a little love. The head gaskets leaked like a stuck pig, clutch way out of adjustment, timing was out of whack, chain was loose, risers were installed all wrong. All better now, I'd ride it anywhere.

Last edited by Conolon Kid; 03-08-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Conolon Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

jslenk wants to know Dino or Syn?
2005 Electra glide classic Rineheart pipes big bore kit cams high compression pistons under tank lights

Last edited by jslenk; 03-07-2012 at 04:29 AM.
jslenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Axe Man

BVBOB wants to know Dino or Syn?
Wow, some nice bikes, where's the shovelhead? we have most everything else covered.
553 bd cams
Power duals with re-core cvo
Welded crank

1982 FXRS
new paint
new tires
new brakes
new clutch
Soon to be back on the road

Being honest may not make you a lot of friends but it will always make you the right ones.
BVBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

DMNHunter wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslenk View Post
2005 Electra glide classic Rineheart pipes

That is AWESOME!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

BBChopper wants to know Dino or Syn?
Cool Took The Dog For A Walk,

Took my Dog for a walk on the beach in Daytona!!!!!
Bike Week 2012,

Last edited by BBChopper; 03-15-2012 at 11:08 PM.
BBChopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

jslenk wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslenk View Post
2005 Electra glide classic Rineheart pipes big bore kit cams high compression pistons under tank lights

I was going to post up some better pics but I just traded her in for a 2011 Ultra.
jslenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Acquisitions

dynageno is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conolon Kid View Post

1949 FL. Original motor, 4-speed trans & frame. Little cam, Wiseco 9 1/2:1 pistons, Harley oil tank, Paughco 6" over springer, chrome spoke wheels 16 & 21" (regulation chopper size), Avon Speedmasters 5:00x16 & 3:00x21, custom solo seat covered in a Bates type pattern, paint is a dark charcoal with a little flake to pick up the light. Original rear drum brake, no front brake (also regulation chopper), High/Lo drag pipes. Accessories? I dunno....a kick starter?
Not much of a story, the guy I got it from busted his ankle and couldn't start it anymore. It had been neglected and needed a little love. The head gaskets leaked like a stuck pig, clutch way out of adjustment, timing was out of whack, chain was loose, risers were installed all wrong. All better now, I'd ride it anywhere.

Very nice Pan!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

grndpndr wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thats a purdy sicle for sure politronics....
Got any idea what the function of the contraption over your right shoulder in the first pic is?
grndpndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #13 (permalink)

politronics wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by grndpndr View Post
Got any idea what the function of the contraption over your right shoulder in the first pic is?
Thanks!

That picture is in front of a mining museum in Virginia City, Nevada. That is one of the main venues for Street Vibrations every September. If you're not familiar, it is a one-main-street old mining town in the mountains about 45 minutes out of Reno. Musuems, shops, "Bucket-of-Blood" saloon. Very worth the visit. On Saturday, during Street Vibes, bikes ride up and down the main street and there is a trading of beads for, well, you know!

JP
politronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #14 (permalink)

politronics wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmolly View Post
Year:1947
Model:FL Knucklehead
Eng size: 80ci
Transmission(5sp, 6sp etc):4 spd
Pipes:stock
Seat:Heathers Leathers, original Replacement
Wheels: stock
Accessories: front and rear bumpers, green auxiliary lights from 1950
And the story:
This was my Grandfathers Bike. He bought it in 1957. I remember it sitting in the basement at his house since i was a kid but never heard it run. It has 8314 original miles. I refinished it using all of the original parts except the seat and pipes and tires. The Original Seat was all dried and I didn't want it to crack and bust open so we replaced it and I put the original one away. I cleaned the original bags and re used them. Someone had added some home made dual exhaust and it looked bad so we replaced them with the chrome original style exhaust. We had some of the original re chromed but most were just cleaned up. We refurbished the motor with new seals and gaskets and we had to add a new crank and rods. It still has the original style 6 volt battery and lights, Kick Start, Foot Clutch and Dead Man's Throttle. I did decide to go with the Dunlop tires since I planned on riding it. Now it rides and runs like a new one. I smile like a Possum every time I ride it.

Absolutely, hands down AWESOME!
politronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

grndpndr wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by grndpndr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by politronics View Post
Thanks!

That picture is in front of a mining museum in Virginia City, Nevada. That is one of the main venues for Street Vibrations every September. If you're not familiar, it is a one-main-street old mining town in the mountains about 45 minutes out of Reno. Musuems, shops, "Bucket-of-Blood" saloon. Very worth the visit. On Saturday, during Street Vibes, bikes ride up and down the main street and there is a trading of beads for, well, you know!

JP
hmmm, a historical mining town....maybe its an air or fluid transfer pump of some kind?....

Last edited by grndpndr; 03-17-2012 at 11:41 AM.
grndpndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement