V-Twin Forum banner

What Saint to ask for protection?

17K views 58 replies 39 participants last post by  RGRider 
#1 ·
Ok, I know this is an odd question for you Catholics and lapsed Catholics, but what Saint - and thus the medal you would wear - would you ask for their protection while you ride? Just interested in people's take on this.

#45 ·
Saints are ALL People who believe Jesus died and rose for them. They can be people who have already gone to Heaven or people on earth. If you believe Jesus died for You and rose again, YOU are a Saint and are saved.

John 3:16-19
New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

John 14:6
New International Version (NIV)
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

These are Jesus Words, Tough to misunderstand and no one explains it so well!

Pray to God in Jesus name!

John 14:13
New International Version (©1984)
And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.

Just talk to God and ask in Jesus name!

#46 · (Edited)
Thanks for your testimony Towboat regarding your healing, that is truly an awesome thing. God is awesome.

To the OP & others, you can have direct access to go to God thru the sacrificial & atoning blood of Jesus. He is the only one you can & must go thru. As Grizs mentioned it is ALL about Jesus & your relationship with Him that gives you the right to approach & petition God in prayer.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

Heb. 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

I might as well mention, if you want to be cursed then go ahead & bow down in front of a statue (call it whoever you want) & pray to it or wear some religious jewelry & believe it is going to some how supernaturally protect you. The Bible clearly says this is idolatry & a form of witchcraft & that God hates it. That also goes for gremlin bells for that matter, gimme a break all you "bad", mean lookin', bikers out there.

Read Deuteronomy 4:15-24 and Ex. 20:4 for just two examples there are many others throughout scriptures.

Exodus 20 - one of the ten commandments.
4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

There are numerous religious organizations who for centuries have twisted & misconstrued the word of God to gain & hold control over people. One of these is the Catholic church, no wonder it has martyred those who would dare publish the bible without the "church's" authorization & have murdered countless #s of Jews, muslims, & Christians for not bowing to the pope's decrees.

Not trying to bash catholics, but we all know where this "praying to saints" thing comes from. Do a little research on the history, even from catholic sources, of the catholic church & its practices & determine for yourself if God birthed this organization or men for their own purposes did. Not trying to say catholics are evil, stupid, or foolish, just misinformed & being led astray.

The good news is that God loves us & doesn't desire that any of us perish, but that we all come to a saving & life changing knowledge & relationship with Jesus.
We have His word, an infallible instruction book, & His Holy Spirit that will lead & guide us to His truth if we let Him.

#47 ·
Not trying to bash catholics, but we all know where this "praying to saints" thing comes from. Do a little research on the history, even from catholic sources, of the catholic church & its practices & determine for yourself if God birthed this organization or men for their own purposes did. Not trying to say catholics are evil, just misinformed & being led astray..
Go fk yourself. ;)

#48 ·
Not shocked by your response DJW. You may ask yourself what or I should say who inspired that response, certainly not the King of kings & the Lord of lords.

Our language or I should say in the case of internet forums, our fingers, is a great revealer of our hearts.

Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

DJW, please re-read the last paragraph of my previous post, that's what it is all about.

Best regards.

#49 ·
Either (A) you failed to read this thread from the beginning and therefore you your ignorance is understandable, albeit lamentable, or (B) you did read the thread from the beginning and your lament is from a lack of (disinterest in) understanding.

Nevertheless, better men than yourself have condemned my religion, and rather than waste my time (as apparently so many already have on this thread) trying to educate someone who so clearly chooses ignorance over understanding...

....I simply choose to dismiss you entirely.

#50 ·
DJW, you appear to be a practicing member of the Roman church and an adherent to its doctrines.....these saints mentioned (Christopher, Colombianus, Patrick, et al)....does one hafta meet certain criteria to be, what, elected to sainthood? Who determines this standard? If one is chosen, elected, etc, is God required to acknowledge their status and grant them entrance into His heaven? And where did the relatively recent proclamation of Mary as "co-redemptrix with Christ" originate? I know she's always been held up as "mother of god" and has been prayed to (hail Mary-ed), but this latest dictum (from Rome?) has me a little taken aback.....do you believe that yourself?

#52 ·
Joshua is the Patron Saint of literature and reading. He is also the patron saint of spies and intelligence professionals'
Must read his manuals, professional training books and this computer stuff is like literature. sorta.
He was the first motorcycle rider to be mentioned in the Bible.

"Joshua's Triumph was heard throughout the land."

#54 ·
Did not Christ address this ?
We were given an example of how to pray ..
Remember his prayer ?
" Our Father which art in Heaven ..
Hallowed be Thy name " ...
Luke .. Chapter 11 .. verses 1-4 .
When it was said that " No man comes to the Father except through me " he was talkin about believing he was the Son of God and that he died for our sins . In other words ..
The only way to God is through Christs blood which he shed to wash away our sins .
Pray to the Father to place a hedge of protection around you . That you may return home safely . But if its His will to take you this day then you are ready to be with Him . Thank Him for blessing you even though you are unworthy . Let Him know you Love Him and you know He Loves you .
Then simply say ..
Amen .
Then when you get where youre going .. thank Him for His protection .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.