V-Twin Forum banner

Anger Management (on the road)

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Trekker 
#1 · (Edited)
Some time ago, I posted a confession of sorts that I behaved in a decidely UN-Christian manner when afforded a chance to have a little chit-chat with some guy in a truck who was driving "aggressively", then showed me his IQ for my troubles. Anyway, I was stupid, yada yada yada, don't want to revisit that scenario. Asked for prayer on the manner, and I believe I got it.

So THIS morning, en-route to work, I am travelling in the rt ln of a 4 lane divided, limited access hwy, not a superslab, though. Traffic in front of me, traffic, traffic to the left of me, and ahead. So this woman in a brand-new car screams up to me left, begins to merge into my lane. She is at 9:00 to me. I honk, she moved up to the 10:00 and finished her merge.

Here is where it gets good, you'll all be proud. Between my honk and her merge (3-5 seconds) I rolled off the throttle, braked, let her in. Shook my head, resisted the tempatation to follow her to wherever she felt was more important to be than my life. Beyond shaking my head, I made no guestures (obscene or otherwise), no looks of unbelief to another cager, no mouthing of words. Took me exactly 15 seconds to calm down inside. God is good. I pray He continues to look after us and I pray I passed the test, no need for more testing...

#4 ·
Bot said:
Some time ago, I posted a confession of sorts that I behaved in a decidely UN-Christian manner when afforded a chance to have a little chit-chat with some guy in a truck who was driving "aggressively", then showed me his IQ for my troubles. Anyway, I was stupid, yada yada yada, don't want to revisit that scenario. Asked for prayer on the manner, and I believe I got it.

So THIS morning, en-route to work, I am travelling in the rt ln of a 4 lane divided, limited access hwy, not a superslab, though. Traffic in front of me, traffic, traffic to the left of me, and ahead. So this woman in a brand-new car screams up to me left, begins to merge into my lane. She is at 9:00 to me. I honk, she moved up to the 10:00 and finished her merge.

Here is where it gets good, you'll all be proud. Between my honk and her merge (3-5 seconds) I rolled off the throttle, braked, let her in. Shook my head, resisted the tempatation to follow her to wherever she felt was more important to be than my life. Beyond shaking my head, I made no guestures (obscene or otherwise), no looks of unbelief to another cager, no mouthing of words. Took me exactly 15 seconds to calm down inside. God is good. I pray He continues to look after us and I pray I passed the test, no need for more testing...
All the right stuff. To properly correct this person's error would require explaining how everything in the world really works. This could take years. Do you really need another wife?

#5 ·
That's funny!

nobbie48 said:
All the right stuff. To properly correct this person's error would require explaining how everything in the world really works. This could take years. Do you really need another wife?
Seriously though, I think God put idiots and flamers on this earth to test us! What other good reason could there be for us having to endure them on what seems like an on the hour basis? Glad to hear you took the low road and passed the test!

#9 ·
GrayRider said:
I live in Xenia, which is about 15 miles east of Dayton. My family is originally from Salyersville, KY.
I know where Xenia is. I'm in Florence. I'd reckon we are just about 1 hr apart. If (when) I make a run up that way, I'll drop a line in this forum...

#11 ·
Bot said:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a cool story.....lets condense it and post it on a bill board so the other 40 million truckers can read it while driving.

Truckers and minivan drivers are running out of control on the highways accross this nation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.