Australian Healthcare - Page 12 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Non-Motorcycle Related Discussion > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #166 (permalink)
IronButt

captainhook455 wants to know Dino or Syn?
A man turned into a woman could be a sex adventure. She/it would know what a man enjoys besides a grilled steak, a cold beer or an oz.

All its life wanting to be a woman would have no qualms about going up the Hershey highway. Three orfices to please her man.
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2017, 11:22 AM   #167 (permalink)
IronButt

Alan S is still riding a stock bike Alan S is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by road-king-rider View Post
Can you put actually figures to either debate;
I've already shown you figures that government healthcare is going broke in different countries. But evidently that was just was just rightwing propaganda. Even when it was the government saying it.

You go ahead in live in your little nirvana where government can take care of you devoid of any personal responsibility while you ride your polluting Harley with parts purchased from big corporations that continue to pollute.

Rules read.
Alan S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2017, 07:49 PM   #168 (permalink)
Banned

road-king-rider wants to know where he is and how he got here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan S View Post
I'm starting to get the impression you have to come on here to brag about your accomplishments because they only exist in your mind. Seems no one else has this problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by <G Man> View Post
You keep inserting the slurs and discredits in your posts.
So, I'm a non-conformist. Not all of us are walking stereotypes.

I keep being attacked, so I defend myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan S View Post
I've already shown you figures that government healthcare is going broke in different countries. But evidently that was just was just rightwing propaganda. Even when it was the government saying it.
Neither the figures nor the governments said that, and the way it was being spun by Brietbart etc was how it was being used as propaganda.

The government is the people. It's supposed to performs a service of protecting the people from the negligence and exploitation etc carried out by the corporations etc. In the case of the alternative health systems we are discussing, it uses its power - we use our power through it - to negotiate a fair deal with purely capitalistic interests.

An exercise in collective bargaining, improving standards, and holding them accountable.

My Harley is 21 years old. It's environmental bad karma is well and trully paid off. It's a wonderful system because I don't need to buy anything new for it ... there's always some idiot stripping perfectly good unused items off theirs, crashing them because they should not be riding them, or having a hissy fit because the fashion has change ... so all I have to do is following two steps behind them picking up the road kill.

Environmentally, it is very sound. Right now, it's a better deal than me selling it and buying a new Honda scooter.

And, yes, I spent this afternoon swopping out the wheel bearings and rims on a 40 year old bicycle I did not even pay for. The same one I ride to the bar with the cool young chicks in it. (The joke there is, they are all listening to "my" music as it appears it's finally come back around into fashion. I'm enjoying it as I might not live long enough for it to come back round again!). You don't get DUIs on a bicycle.

So, what's your estimate for the difference in size between a "big government" and a "small government"? How few people do you think the country could be run by? Would Donald need to hire more people than just his daughter?

Back to that "gnat in a hurricane" metaphor ... it goes two way.

Those who think that thru their own efforts *they* are entirely responsible for the wonders of their current life in a developed nation, are just been blown along by the inertia of all that has happened in the past; and those for who the wind changes and wipes them out.

Neither is entirely responsible. We are all subject to huge influences beyond our control.

Just ask folk in Detroit. Was it their fault the corporation left for where it was cheaper and easier to exploit some other workforce? Should they have volunteered to be underpaid, overworked and had their rights stripped from them?

How many of them lost houses?

Last edited by road-king-rider; 06-17-2017 at 08:15 PM.
road-king-rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 08:40 PM   #169 (permalink)
IronButt

dm1333 is reading this now saying WTF is this? dm1333 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
My Harley is 21 years old. It's environmental bad karma is well and trully paid off. It's a wonderful system because I don't need to buy anything new for it ... there's always some idiot stripping perfectly good unused items off theirs, crashing them because they should not be riding them, or having a hissy fit because the fashion has change ... so all I have to do is following two steps behind them picking up the road kill.

Environmentally, it is very sound. Right now, it's a better deal than me selling it and buying a new Honda scooter.

And, yes, I spent this afternoon swopping out the wheel bearings and rims on a 40 year old bicycle I did not even pay for. The same one I ride to the bar with the cool young chicks in it. (The joke there is, they are all listening to "my" music as it appears it's finally come back around into fashion. I'm enjoying it as I might not live long enough for it to come back round again!). You don't get DUIs on a bicycle.
Bullsh*t alert! Somebodies already been presented with the evidence that his bike spews out a lot of greenhouse gasses but he refuses to accept the science.

As far as "you don't get DUI's on a bike"? The California Vehicle Code says otherwise.

Quote:
A person riding a bicycle or operating a pedicab upon a highway has all the rights and is subject to all the provisions applicable to the driver of a vehicle by this division, including, but not limited to, provisions concerning driving under the influence of alcoholic beverages or drugs, and by Division 10 (commencing with Section 20000), Section 27400, Division 16.7 (commencing with Section 39000), Division 17 (commencing with Section 40000.1), and Division 18 (commencing with Section 42000), except those provisions which by their very nature can have no application.
(b) (1) A peace officer, as defined in Chapter 4.5 (commencing with Section 830) of Title 3 of Part 2 of the Penal Code, operating a bicycle during the course of his or her duties is exempt from the requirements of subdivision (a), except as those requirements relate to driving under the influence of alcoholic beverages or drugs, if the bicycle is being operated under any of the following circumstances:
(A) In response to an emergency call.
(B) While engaged in rescue operations.
(C) In the immediate pursuit of an actual or suspected violator of the law.
(2) This subdivision does not relieve a peace officer from the duty to operate a bicycle with due regard for the safety of all persons using the highway.
(Amended by Stats. 2010, Ch. 614, Sec. 3. Effective January 1, 2011.)
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...ionNum=21200.5

Turns out johnny law says you can get a DUI on a bicycle! Facts, who needs 'em!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wereontoyourkr.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	224985  
Old 06-17-2017, 09:15 PM   #170 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> joined the Live to Ride club <G Man> joined the Live to Ride club <G Man> joined the Live to Ride club <G Man> joined the Live to Ride club
Quote:
To address just this element, as I am short of time and there is a women young enough to be my daughter dancing in front of me with a tight top and no bra* ... I think the idea that an ordinary, working individual is *totally responsible* for their entire economic and professional destiny, is just about as ridiculous as those types who believe they can merely affirm themselves into prosperity.

In this day and age, I think that the ordinary, working individual is just about as *totally responsible* for their condition as a gnat in a hurricane. You can have the best wings in the gnat world, but if the wind is going that way, do are you.

There are other socio-economic factors, way beyond the individual which - as with the bust - can wipe out entire sectors as efficiently as Stalin did Ukrainian peasants.

And most of those individuals you are talking about were the inhabitants of a housing Holodomor.

We know that there are not just groups but individuals who can make or break entire nations or currencies at will, or by accident.

Could they have taken out the loan in the first place if, on paper, they could not have afford to repay it at the time? Circumstances changed, land and property is a great crap table.

I agree with and accept the "culture differences" comment above. Yes, that is also part of it.

But the idea all victims are to blame for their own misfortunes harks back to the Brahmins of India and their idea of karma ... which was also used politically just to keep other classes down.

As with the "how big is a 'big government' versus a small government'?" ... play your cards on the table and be specific about it.

Put percentages on it for me; 'innocent victims' versus 'deserving victims'.

* (I've just done the math, could be daughter's niece but not quite grand daughter, thank god).
If you are getting a lap dance and typing a post on this forum, then you are an idiot.

If you are really asking me to be "specific" about my idea of big government, then you are not reading my replies. That makes you an asshole.

Either or both ways, I think I am done. You have shown your true colors. You are a young, no nothing twit, who isn't even an American, trying to tell us how we need to run our country. You seem to truly believe that individuals have no responsibility for their own actions, not to mention no accountability. Even still, you think that you, an individual, have all of the answers for the rest of us.

That makes you delusional on top of the other things.

Good luck with your plan to rule the world. Good luck with your life. Sorry you were more concerned about typing shitt here than giving your attention to the female in front of you, but then again, who am I to judge? I have no concerns if you prefer boys.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Quotes found on the internet are not always accurate. - Abraham Lincoln

Silence is golden , duct tape is silver.

Stay back 200 feet - not responsible for damaged feelings.
<G Man> is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2017, 10:15 PM   #171 (permalink)
IronButt

2015RK wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhook455 View Post
A man turned into a woman could be a sex adventure. She/it would know what a man enjoys besides a grilled steak, a cold beer or an oz.

All its life wanting to be a woman would have no qualms about going up the Hershey highway. Three orfices to please her man.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jenner.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	224993  
2015RK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 10:21 AM   #172 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by <G Man> View Post
If you are getting a lap dance and typing a post on this forum, then you are an idiot ... You are a young, no nothing twit ...
I am 4 years away from voluntary retirement and I was sitting in my local bar which, like The Alibi Room in Shameless, has since been hipster-ified with, of course, Wifi.

I never pay for it. Sex or an internet connection.

So, no takers on the difference in size between "big government" and a "small government"?

Just in case that last bit was not clear, what I said was that those doing well are no more totally responsible for their good fortune than those doing badly are totally responsible for their bad fortune.

Still proud to be pay two to three times over the top for healthcare as other civilised nations?
Old 06-18-2017, 11:26 AM   #173 (permalink)
IronButt

Alan S is still riding a stock bike Alan S is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Still always relying on others. No wonder you have problems with personal responsibility.

Rules read.
Alan S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 06:52 PM   #174 (permalink)
Banned

They are both included in the price of the alcohol. You buy the alcohol, and the rest is free.

That's always how it worked with dames for me.

Of course, G Man would argue they are not really "free" but, like healthcare services abroad, it sure is a cheaper way to affording them than paying for all three separately to business providers.

Take two kids; one born in a White Suburb in the US, one born in the back streets of Guangzhou, China. Both grow up to do the same job, work the same hours, the American is paid 10 times more it.

Did he miraculously achieve that all by himself, was it his personal responsibility being rewarded? Of course not. He just happened to be gnat with the wind blowing from behind him, the Chinese kids was a gnat with the wind blowing against him.

What is the wind? A long series of historical consequences, and genetic accidents, to get us into the position we are in today.

You can apply that analogy within the nation. It will work, only the difference will be less.

Those "self-made" folks who are full of themselves for their achievements are fooling themselves to think they achieved it all on their own. They are at best, good surfers surfing the efforts and investment of others before them and, at worst, thieves dealing in stolen property and goods. Like the landmass of America.

I don't see the benefit in "taking responsibility" for oneself and paying 3 times over the odds for healthcare. I would see that are not taking best responsibility for oneself.

There's nothing evil in collective bargaining if it gets one the best deal.

Now, if anyone else is upset at my typos, they are going to have to send me a pair of prescription night vision glasses, which will come in very, very handy.

In Europe, if a patient suffers undue delays the have the right to seek free healthcare in other countries.

Meanwhile, it now takes an average of 24 days to schedule a new patient physician appointment in 15 of the largest cities in the U.S. (up from 18.5 days in 2014) but in Boston it's reported to be taking on average 66 days to get an appointment to see a family doctor.

Of course, Europe has a very big government of its own to organisze such things.

America’s waiting times are the worst in the developed world and Americans are the most likely to skip treatment because they can't afford it.

No takers on the different in size between a big government and a small government yet?

Last edited by road-king-rider; 06-18-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:39 PM   #175 (permalink)
IronButt

dm1333 is reading this now saying WTF is this? dm1333 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
I am 4 years away from voluntary retirement and I was sitting in my local bar which, like The Alibi Room in Shameless, has since been hipster-ified with, of course, Wifi.

So, no takers on the difference in size between "big government" and a "small government"?

Just in case that last bit was not clear, what I said was that those doing well are no more totally responsible for their good fortune than those doing badly are totally responsible for their bad fortune.

Still proud to be pay two to three times over the top for healthcare as other civilised nations?
The only conclusion I can draw from this and your other statements about women and sex is that you are a creepy old dude who doesn't get just how creepy you come across as. Good luck with that!
Old 06-18-2017, 07:49 PM   #176 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this? Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I never paid for sex on the internet either.
Uncle Salty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 07:50 PM   #177 (permalink)
IronButt

captainhook455 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I do believe RKR is tripping. Dude quit drinking that shoe polish and you will be able to think straight.
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 09:42 PM   #178 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Homesick just installed tassels Homesick just installed tassels Homesick just installed tassels Homesick just installed tassels
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm1333 View Post
The only conclusion I can draw from this and your other statements about women and sex is that you are a creepy old dude who doesn't get just how creepy you come across as. Good luck with that!
Naw, he's just a smug liar.

joe
Inventor of the FXR Cult Secret Decoder Ring
A**hole Merit Badge winner
Missing Link Merit Badge winner
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Oct '14 RotM
Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 08:11 AM   #179 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> joined the Live to Ride club <G Man> joined the Live to Ride club <G Man> joined the Live to Ride club <G Man> joined the Live to Ride club
Quote:

Glad to hear your hand doesn't charge you.

I answered your "big government" question. Do your homework and read it.

Yeah, we got it. "You didn't build that".

I have posed dozens of questions to you that you have ignored.

Starting to feel the "Reggie-ness" more and more. Where do they get these bananas?

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Quotes found on the internet are not always accurate. - Abraham Lincoln

Silence is golden , duct tape is silver.

Stay back 200 feet - not responsible for damaged feelings.
<G Man> is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 09:29 AM   #180 (permalink)
'Toad'

Settertude is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I'm pretty sure this 'asshole' is just getting his rocks off spewing nonsense and jonesing on responses.
He would not do well in a face to face.

"We are Groot"

You don't really think a little thing like a "dry county" can stop a bunch of cajuns from finding a bar, do you?
--BigD

Poser reunion 08/05/2016

2017 Ultra Limited 'Black Quartz'
Settertude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:
Motorcycle Year/Make
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.