Wingnut Revolt Over Obamacare Repeal & Replace Plan? - Page 8 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Non-Motorcycle Related Discussion > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017, 09:44 PM   #106 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Casey0211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 6,789
Casey0211 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm1333 View Post
The sky is falling! 14 million will lose insurance! The text I qouted also stated this;



I never said anything about a smaller insurance pool being "bad" or "good". I just posted why fewer would be insured. If that many people are going to opt out wouldn't you say it says something about the ACA?

edit: You stated the following.



How many of those people like their insurance because someone else is subsidizing it for them?
Then I guess all those RINOs in Congress whose votes will be needed to repeal and replace shouldn't be the least bit concerned about the polls showing most people now approve of the ACA -- and that millions will lose insurance they like, right along with those who are dropping it because they don't want it.
Donald Trump promised better insurance at a lower cost and universal coverage -- "we're going to take care of everybody ..." is the quote that haunts Trump, just like "If you like your plan, you can keep it" was Obama's.

Last edited by Casey0211; 03-19-2017 at 09:49 PM.
Casey0211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-19-2017, 09:52 PM   #107 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Casey0211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 6,789
Casey0211 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan S View Post



Of ALL of the people I've talked to and read in forums, the ONLY person who said they benefited was a member who is no longer here.

....

Can you point to any of the "success" stories of Obamacare? Can you compare those to the numbers of folks getting screwed?
Try leaving the VTwinforum bubble and you can figure it out for yourself.
__________________
Reality has a liberal bias ...
Casey0211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2017, 09:52 PM   #108 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: NC
Posts: 387
2015RK wants to know Dino or Syn?
Since Congress is mostly RINOs and Democrats I do not think Trump's suggested budget will make it through unscathed.
2015RK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2017, 07:32 AM   #109 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Alan S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: southcentral LA
Posts: 10,023
Alan S is still riding a stock bike Alan S is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey0211 View Post
Try leaving the VTwinforum bubble and you can figure it out for yourself.
So you can't answer my question?
__________________
What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.
— Salman Rushdie

Rules read.
Alan S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 05:24 PM   #110 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Land of the trolls!
Posts: 2,005
dm1333 is reading this now saying WTF is this? dm1333 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Still hasn't answered the question about how many people like their insurance because someone else is footing the ill.
__________________
RUB
Charter member of the 50 horse club!
dm1333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 08:26 PM   #111 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Casey0211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 6,789
Casey0211 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan S View Post
So you can't answer my question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm1333 View Post
Still hasn't answered the question about how many people like their insurance because someone else is footing the ill.
Can you guys ask an intelligent one? Your questions have nothing to do with my post. All I pointed out was that a lot of people it turns out like the ACA and the Republicans are demonstrably nervous about repealing it and pissing those people off, especially since Trump promised something better and cheaper for "everybody". How many there are that like the ACA (there is more than one Alan) or why they like it is irrelevant to the point I was making. You boys want to dispute those facts, fine. But I'm under no obligations to answer your stupid questions.
Casey0211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #112 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Alan S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: southcentral LA
Posts: 10,023
Alan S is still riding a stock bike Alan S is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey0211 View Post
Can you guys ask an intelligent one? Your questions have nothing to do with my post.
This thread is about the ACA. Can you tell me the proportion of those that are happy with it as opposed to those that hate it?

Valid question.
__________________
What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.
— Salman Rushdie

Rules read.
Alan S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 08:52 PM   #113 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: NC
Posts: 387
2015RK wants to know Dino or Syn?
premiums of $800 a month with a $10,000 deductible. Even if you have a copay of $20 for a well office visit, if you need hospitalization that means it cost you $19,600 minimum.

I give blood at least twice a year which gives me blood insurance. Pay $65 a year to the volunteer ambulance group which covers me for any ambulance charges, usually > $900.

Last edited by 2015RK; 03-20-2017 at 08:56 PM.
2015RK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 09:00 PM   #114 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Casey0211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 6,789
Casey0211 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan S View Post
This thread is about the ACA. Can you tell me the proportion of those that are happy with it as opposed to those that hate it?

Valid question.
I know better than you what the thread's about, Alan. I created it. It's about Republican cold feet about repealing and replacing the ACA. My guess is that the pols have a better feel for for that "proportion" you're so stuck on. And if there really was only a handful of people who like the ACA, they wouldnt have a problem repealing it. Just common sense, which may be why it's such a difficult concept for you to grasp.
The GOP has a big problem: there are the people who hate Trumpcare because it insures fewer people than the ACA; then there are people who hate Trumpcare because it's too costly for their taste. Trumpcare has serious problems. If the GOP gets it wrong, it could be bad in 2018.
But you keep right on asking irrelevant questions. I'll keep ignoring them
__________________
Reality has a liberal bias ...
Casey0211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 09:03 PM   #115 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Land of the trolls!
Posts: 2,005
dm1333 is reading this now saying WTF is this? dm1333 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey0211 View Post
Can you guys ask an intelligent one? Your questions have nothing to do with my post. All I pointed out was that a lot of people it turns out like the ACA and the Republicans are demonstrably nervous about repealing it and pissing those people off, especially since Trump promised something better and cheaper for "everybody". How many there are that like the ACA (there is more than one Alan) or why they like it is irrelevant to the point I was making. You boys want to dispute those facts, fine. But I'm under no obligations to answer your stupid questions.


Here some more stupidity for ya!

Quote:
Indeed, it looks like ObamaCare will create twice as many losers as winners in 2014. The Congressional Budget Office projects that 16 million will gain coverage via the law’s Medicaid expansion (9 million) and subsidized exchange plans (7 million) — and even that’s rosier than the enrollment figures we’ve seen so far.

Thirty million losing insurance; 16 million gaining it. It’ll be hard for Democrats running for election this fall to defend a law that hurts twice as many people as it helps.
http://nypost.com/2014/01/14/another...acare-victims/

My question is relevant to your post and this thread. "Liking" the ACA isn't a good reason for keeping it, especially since it is collapsing all by itself. You also keep harping on Trumps replacement plan and ignore the 8 years of propaganda we were force fed, not to mention the fact that the ACA is falling apart before our eyes. Why no criticism for the people who brought us to this point?
__________________
RUB
Charter member of the 50 horse club!
dm1333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 09:08 PM   #116 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Casey0211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 6,789
Casey0211 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm1333 View Post


Here some more stupidity for ya!



http://nypost.com/2014/01/14/another...acare-victims/

My question is relevant to your post and this thread. "Liking" the ACA isn't a good reason for keeping it, especially since it is collapsing all by itself. You also keep harping on Trumps replacement plan and ignore the 8 years of propaganda we were force fed, not to mention the fact that the ACA is falling apart before our eyes. Why no criticism for the people who brought us to this point?
The issue here, Dm, is not the ACA per se but the GOP difficulties with repeal and replace. It really has nothing to do with the relative worth of the program. Im just talking about the politics. The Republicans in Congress have caught the car and they don't know what to do it now that they have it. Some Reps think Trumpcare goes too far; the others say it doesn't go far enough (or as far as the ACA at any rate). It's not looking good for repeal and replace and the consequences could really suck for a lot of pols.
__________________
Reality has a liberal bias ...

Last edited by Casey0211; 03-20-2017 at 09:11 PM.
Casey0211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 09:22 PM   #117 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Alan S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: southcentral LA
Posts: 10,023
Alan S is still riding a stock bike Alan S is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey0211 View Post
My guess is that the pols have a better feel for for that "proportion" you're so stuck on. And if there really was only a handful of people who like the ACA, they wouldnt have a problem repealing it. Just common sense, which may be why it's such a difficult concept for you to grasp.
The "pols" don't want to be crucified by the lame stream media and want to appear "sensitive". Look at the ones who are are making/backing the bill. Nothing but RINO's.
__________________
What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.
— Salman Rushdie

Rules read.
Alan S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 11:38 PM   #118 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Casey0211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 6,789
Casey0211 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan S View Post
The "pols" don't want to be crucified by the lame stream media and want to appear "sensitive". Look at the ones who are are making/backing the bill. Nothing but RINO's.
The ones making/backing the bill? Like your boy, Trump? He wants this bill and in fact promised much more than the bill actually contains. Is he a RINO? Are you for Trump but against RINOs? Or are you against Trump, too? Do you even know? (No need to answer; the question was rhetorical)

It's really hard for non-Republicans to figure out what a "real" Republican is these days. It seems to change daily. A year ago, Trump was not a "real conservative." Now he's their darling. Paul Ryan not too long ago was the Right's leading intellectual light (a dim one). Now he's Hillary Lite.
Casey0211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2017, 08:09 AM   #119 (permalink)
IronButt
 
jammer45u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 3,768
jammer45u is reading this now saying WTF is this? jammer45u is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan S View Post
So you can't answer my question?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm1333 View Post
Still hasn't answered the question about how many people like their insurance because someone else is footing the ill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey0211 View Post
Can you guys ask an intelligent one? Your questions have nothing to do with my post. All I pointed out was that a lot of people it turns out like the ACA and the Republicans are demonstrably nervous about repealing it and pissing those people off, especially since Trump promised something better and cheaper for "everybody". How many there are that like the ACA (there is more than one Alan) or why they like it is irrelevant to the point I was making. You boys want to dispute those facts, fine. But I'm under no obligations to answer your stupid questions.
Actually I don't think the question can intellectually, or accurately, be answered.

I'm not sure anyone can put a number on how many or what percentage of the people "like" the ACA. Many people like parts of it. Very few like it entirely.

Thru dem glasses, if you like part of it, you like it. Period.

The view thru Pub glasses is harder to read. Most favor parts of the bill, or view parts of the bill as too difficult to repeal, but are opposed to the the entire concept of government controlled health insurance.

It's a shame we're in this predicament. Dems pushed the ACA thru too fast. It's flawed, everyone knew it but they had been seeking universal health care for generations, had an opportunity and seized it. They dismantled the existing system in the process making it near impossible to return to privatization.

Now that inherent problems with the bill have become too hard to ignore, Dems are tactfully laying responsibility at the Pubs feet. Pubs took the bait and will suffer in polls for a Dem indiscretion.

It's always easier to tear something apart than it is to put it back together.

Last edited by jammer45u; 03-21-2017 at 08:12 AM.
jammer45u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2017, 08:21 AM   #120 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Alan S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: southcentral LA
Posts: 10,023
Alan S is still riding a stock bike Alan S is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer45u View Post
Actually I don't think the question can intellectually, or accurately, be answered.

I'm not sure anyone can put a number on how many or what percentage of the people "like" the ACA. Many people like parts of it. Very few like it entirely.
An exact number may not be possible, but you can get an idea of the numbers just by looking at the voters. In 2010 and 2012, the Dems lost a record number of seats in Congress. All because the GOP ran to repeal the ACA. Even the voters in Massachusetts voted for a republican (Scott Brown) for the 1st time in generations because he ran on repealing the ACA.

Unfortunately for the voters, the GOP is part of the ruling elite and didn't do squat.
__________________
What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.
— Salman Rushdie

Rules read.
Alan S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:
Motorcycle Year/Make
Location
Where you live
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year
     
Privacy

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(C)2001-2012 V-twinForum.com All Rights Reserved (C)2001- V-twinForum.com All Rights Reserved
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum strong>Kawasaki Z125 Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Forum Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Honda Africa Twin Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum Ducati 959 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Victory Charger Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum
BMW Scrambler Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum Kawasaki Ninja 250SL Forum