Comments not welcome : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Non-Motorcycle Related Discussion > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2016, 12:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this? BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Comments not welcome

Is it just me, or is it more and more that the liberal sites are not allowing comments in response to the stories they post online? Not sure, but it seems that a lot of stupid ass sh!t they post is closed to comments, unlike the past.
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2016, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

dm1333 is reading this now saying WTF is this? dm1333 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUTYM View Post
Is it just me, or is it more and more that the liberal sites are not allowing comments in response to the stories they post online? Not sure, but it seems that a lot of stupid ass sh!t they post is closed to comments, unlike the past.
I noticed it in Vox and a few others but I didn't think it was just liberal thing.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

Casey0211 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm1333 View Post
I noticed it in Vox and a few others but I didn't think it was just liberal thing.
It isn't, though like the "War on Christmas," it's sure to become a Right Wing fact. Vox to my knowledge doesn't have comment sections at all, or at least not one I've ever seen. All the others that I'm familiar with take any and all comments. Even comments about race, which as we know are forbidden here.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this? BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm1333 View Post
I've been noticing it here and there more often than in the past. Some that allow comments quickly lock it out as soon as people making comments against whatever the idiocy of the article proclaims.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
I've been noticing it here and there more often than in the past. Some that allow comments quickly lock it out as soon as people making comments against whatever the idiocy of the article proclaims.
Which sites specifically?
Casey0211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2016, 07:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

FXDRYDR is reading this now saying WTF is this? FXDRYDR is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Libtard maggots can't stand the truth...like cockroaches when the light comes on... or vampires at dawn. They hate that sheit.
Black, chrome & loud.
FXDRYDR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2016, 07:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

dm1333 is reading this now saying WTF is this? dm1333 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Vox. GQ. Esquire (?) - they might allow comments on Facebook, but a pretty significant number of people avoid Zuckerberg's folly since he doesn't respect privacy, unless it is his privacy.

Found this online. Pretty interesting.

http://www.niemanlab.org/2015/09/wha...ader-comments/
Old 12-20-2016, 08:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey0211 View Post
Which sites specifically?
NPR for one and CNN, although CNN seems to pick and choose. Since posting this I've done some Googling and seems I'm not the only one that has noticed this phenomenon. There are several links talking about the same kind of thing.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Another article on it, although you liberal types probably think anything on Breitbart is 'fake news'.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/1...ment-sections/
Old 12-20-2016, 08:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

rscalzo wants to know Dino or Syn?
CNN is great for that. when they know they will get questions that don't fit their needs, they won't allow comments. Or when they see the comments going against their liberal attitudes, they shut them down.
rscalzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2016, 08:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

Misters wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
They have learned... all it takes is just ONE {reasonable} question and they are likely to EXPLODE.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

ecir45 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Fox does it too, as stated looks like selective articles that they know will bring negative feedback. Not really against it, usually is just full of paid trolls anyway
ecir45 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2016, 10:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Another article on it, although you liberal types probably think anything on Breitbart is 'fake news'.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/1...ment-sections/

Not true -- I know for a fact that there was once a guy named Andrew Breitbart.

This sounds like another "War on Christmas." I argue with Right Wingers on CNN's site, Fox, Breitbart, MSNBC, Slate, Salon all the time. On the other hand, I've had posts removed at one time or another. In fact, most recently by Breitbart.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXDRYDR View Post
Libtard maggots can't stand the truth...like cockroaches when the light comes on... or vampires at dawn. They hate that sheit.

Vampires at dawn ... Now that cracks me. Who'd a thought FXDRYDR was a "Twilight" fan.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

ecir45 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey0211 View Post
" I argue with Right Wingers on CNN's site, Fox, Breitbart, MSNBC, Slate, Salon all the time. On the other hand, I've had posts removed at one time or another. In fact, most recently by Breitbart.
And you proudly admit to that? What a way to spend your time or is it your job.
ecir45 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:
Motorcycle Year/Make
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.