New tax rate - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

07 Fatboy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Right on Danglide!!! Now lets all settle down. We all are going to feel this in some way.
Some more than others, towboattrash34 is just venting and if he gets hit that hard he has the right to vent. I will take a $2800.00 per year hit. Plus take a one percent pay decrease this year. Not happy but waiting for nice weather to vent with my face in the wind at WFO throttle.
07 Fatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBob View Post
Does this help?
I don't want to get thrown in with Bones here and yes, the image you posted is helpful. This story here is also helpful http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2394454.html

I am also curious though: $200 / week is about $10000 / year. According to the "average impacts" indicated, this would put his income range at $350,000 to $400,000 to have that kind of tax liability increase.

I kind of have a hard time feeling sorry for someone making that kind of money forking out an extra 10K knowing that the extra 1500 I will have to pay will probably have as big of an impact on my finances.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks to pay more, but we're all in the same boat and I hope this is not hitting the OP unfairly.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

River7sailor wants to know Dino or Syn?
To be honest. Towboatrash34 said exactly what I've been hearing from most everyone around where I work and live. I know we're supposed to hold the office of the president in high regard... But hearing about Obama's antics so disgust me I just want to puke.

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App
Past Rides:2010 Heritage Softail, Norton Commando, Triumph Bonneville, AMF Sportster, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda...
River7sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
Premium Member

towboattrash34 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBob View Post
While Tow's expression of his anger and frustration of our leadership could be expressed with a little more tact, his admission of how the new taxes effect him cannot be disputed.
I make 125 to 128,000 a year. Ill show u my paychech and my last years returns. I'm no way rich my pay scale is not even considered middle class. My pay just went down 10,500 a year. Now what about the working mom at the gro store.

2012 CVO Ultra. And loving it !!!

06 Dyna Lowrider...Sold..Gone,but not forgotten...

Last edited by towboattrash34; 01-04-2013 at 03:47 AM.
towboattrash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:50 AM   #20 (permalink)
Premium Member

And I spend an avg of 9,000.00 a year on medical with my sick wife. Which helped a lot being able to deduct at tax time.

And like I said my deckhand canceled his insurance cause he can't afford it because of this tax. I can show u the email from our office to him. And he has wife and kids.

Last edited by towboattrash34; 01-04-2013 at 03:53 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:34 AM   #21 (permalink)
Premium Member

I don't care what color he is. It's what he has done to America. His actions speeds for its self.

Bush kill Americans for his personal gain. Weapons of mass destruction. Yea right.

My self I don't want pity I'm not broke,poor or Ritch just Pissed.

I have worked my ass off for what I got. I'm gone 9 months out of a year and had to move close to my sisterinlaw so they can help take of my wife while I'm gone.

I started as as a deckhand and scratched and clawed my way up to Captain. Been out here 24yrs. I've earned what I make. If some one can't climb the ladder that's their problem.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:34 AM   #22 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
When someone starts a post by saying "F-K that Muslim President", I don't expect the rest of the post to be any more accurate. I have not read any of his previous posts but based on this, towboattrash34 has no credibility with me. I would not trust anything he said.
Hey Mike... just curious. If you were crossing the street and I was standing there and saw a big ass bus getting ready to run you over, would you consider my credibility to be sh!t if I yelled "HEY YOU DUMB FUK... WATCH OUT!!!"
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #23 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this? DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Be glad you're not self employed:

According to Ari Fleischer:
Quote:
"If you're self-employed and live in a high tax state (think NY and CA) your new combined federal/state top rate is about 60%."
That's due to the fact that as an employee your SS tax is matched by your employer. Self employed pay both sides of the ledger.

I suspect that, plus the increase in med-bills this year, will put me out of business by the end of the year.

But as Hillary Clinton once said:
Quote:
"I can't be responsible for every undercapitalized entrepreneur in ... small businesses to cover employees,"
I'm sure my soon to be unemployed workers will be glad to hear that.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
IronButt

guydoc77 wants to know Dino or Syn?
For those who have suggested that someone making a certain income and now paying a certain amount more in taxes, and that, somehow, being ok: I have to ask, what part of the fact that, whether it's $500 or $1500 or $15,000, that money is now going to the government and won't be spent by the tax payer in the private sector economy is so hard to see? For example, since this is a motorcycle forum, I won't be upgrading my engine this year, or anything else, for that matter. You might say something like, "well you don't NEED to", or " you have had it too good for too long anyway". Nonetheless, collectively, those types of consumer decisions that result in the consumer NOT spending the $$$$ in the economy because they are now giving it to the government are exactly why tax increases always hurt the economy in the long run. It amazes me that this simple economic principle is so elusive for some.
Clearview windshield
CP flat tops
R&R Stage 3 heads, .030 gasket, 82cc chambers
Trued, welded, and balanced crank by Hyperformance
TMan 590 cams
SE AC
HPI 54mm TB
Supermeg with open cap and 15 discs
TTS tune by BVBob

2003 Indian Scout Deluxe
Aspen White (got it for my wife)
S&S "SuperStock" 88"
12" apes
Scary fast!
guydoc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #25 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

JHall573 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Does anyone realize right now we have the lowest tax rates we've ever had. In 1962 the top bracket tax rate was 91% its 30% now. I'm sure a lot of people on here remember that, or at least they should. I'm only 24 and I know that. If you really want to complain about taxes then I'm sure you could do without the cops, fire dept., dot, and so on and so forth. Its 2% for my wife and I we make right at $50,000 a year together and we are considered middle class. It may be the lower part but still part. Anyone who says they make over $100,000 a year, and this is to the op, and says that they aren't considered middle class is just plain wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Motorcycle.com Free App
JHall573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHall573 View Post
Does anyone realize right now we have the lowest tax rates we've ever had. In 1962 the top bracket tax rate was 91% its 30% now. I'm sure a lot of people on here remember that, or at least they should. I'm only 24 and I know that. If you really want to complain about taxes then I'm sure you could do without the cops, fire dept., dot, and so on and so forth. Its 2% for my wife and I we make right at $50,000 a year together and we are considered middle class. It may be the lower part but still part. Anyone who says they make over $100,000 a year, and this is to the op, and says that they aren't considered middle class is just plain wrong.

JHall - A lot of people want something for nothing.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #27 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHall573 View Post
I'm only 24 and I know that.
You have a lot to learn Grasshopper. First is to quit drinking the Kool-Aid.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #28 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

JHall573 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
You have a lot to learn Grasshopper. First is to quit drinking the Kool-Aid.
First of all my age has nothing to do with my knowledge or intelligence. I would appreciate not being judged by the majority of my generation. No kool aid those are actual numbers pulled from tax reports from 1911 to 2011. I stopped at 1962 only because that is when I've heard so many people say if only it was like it was back then. I stopped drinking the kool aid politicians, religious leaders, etc. were trying to pour down my throat a long time ago.

JHall573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #29 (permalink)
IronButt

Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this? Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
something wrong with the math here

The maximum salary on which FICA is withdrawn for 2013 is $113,700. That equals a maximum additional $2274.

Of course it's viewed as an increase, but in reality it returns the participation to a mimimal level at which it belongs for the benefits derived. I guess a better solution for some would be to cut benefits for retired folks, the old grandma off the cliff approach.
Naturally, the common people don't want war, neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But the people can be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for their lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.

Hermann Goering at the Nuremburg Trials
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #30 (permalink)
IronButt

13MM wants to know Dino or Syn?
Taxes were 90% now 39% grasshopper.
When they were 90% deductions were a plenty. Such as intrest on credit carsd, car loans, and a crap laod of investments, such as real estate. Did you know that if you make too much you cannot deduct any rental costs? The reality that loopholes are for the rich are GONE. It's a myth
13MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement