Gun control : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

spdrcr137 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Gun control

We all know the talk is coming, I found this article today and I think its a good read no mater

http://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2012...guns-guns.html what side your on.
spdrcr137 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Gun control

The fanatics will pi$$ and moan, the politicans will calculate what it will do to their re-election prospects, then it will go away as it should.

W
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

spdrcr137 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I hope so, I really hope so
spdrcr137 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Blacklinebrett wants to know Dino or Syn?
Yeah assault guns are a little overkill. I don't believe in taking all guns at all, but who really needs some of these assault rifles. They just allow any geek who can't aim to be able to shoot multiple people without barely knowing how to handle a fire arm. If they weren't available all these geeks and gang bangers couldn't hit the broad side of a barn

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Blacklinebrett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

guydoc77 wants to know Dino or Syn?
One of the first things the Nazis did was to confiscate guns from the public.
Then, even if you do give a **** about what the tyrannical government is doing, you can't do anything about it.
Yeah gun control is a great idea for those who would like to be tyrants.
Blacklinebrett, I'm sure someone could teach you how to shoot. Start with a Daisy BB gun and work your way up. Maybe you'll see the potential of an "assault" rifle when you're done learning to shoot.
Clearview windshield
CP flat tops
R&R Stage 3 heads, .030 gasket, 82cc chambers
Trued, welded, and balanced crank by Hyperformance
TMan 590 cams
SE AC
HPI 54mm TB
Supermeg with open cap and 15 discs
TTS tune by BVBob

2003 Indian Scout Deluxe
Aspen White (got it for my wife)
S&S "SuperStock" 88"
12" apes
Scary fast!
guydoc77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
N.R.A.

Vettely wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklinebrett View Post
Yeah assault guns are a little overkill. I don't believe in taking all guns at all, but who really needs some of these assault rifles. They just allow any geek who can't aim to be able to shoot multiple people without barely knowing how to handle a fire arm. If they weren't available all these geeks and gang bangers couldn't hit the broad side of a barn

Handguns were used. Please don't infringe on my rights with your liberal propaganda. On the same day in China school kids were attacked by a loon with edged weapons.

Largest mass murder of children (38 children!) in US history in 1927 was not with firearms. Do not blame the tool but rather the user. Can't legislate evil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Last edited by Vettely; 12-16-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Vettely is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:

So a person that can barely handle a firearm and can't aim suddenly becomes a proficient killing machine with a so-called "assault rifle?"
Uncle Salty is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
There are now over 300 million guns in private hands in the United States.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
There are now over 300 million guns in private hands in the United States.
14 of them are in my possession and hope I will soon have several more. So what is your point?
Uncle Salty is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Salty View Post
14 of them are in my possession and hope I will soon have several more. So what is your point?
The idea of "gun control" is silly at this point. Regardless of what legislation is passed, there will still be over 300 million guns already in private hands. Any legislation will have to respect the recent SCOTUS decisions on the second amendment or it will be declared unconstitutional immediately There will be no confiscation. The number of guns in private hands is not going to change significantly even if they "confiscate" a few show guns. Americans on all sides of the political spectrum are armed to the teeth already seemingly waiting for some apocalyptic battle with the government. Both the left and the right are heavily armed and waiting to defend themselves. Nothing is really going to change the number of guns in circulation. That is what we have to live and deal with, the already 300 million guns out there.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ghetto Blaster

1bdBagr wants to know Dino or Syn?
How about crazy people control? Guns don't kill people, crazy unhinged f'ed up teenagers who OD on videogames with severe mental issues kill people. Gee, do you think ObamaCare will properly address mental health needs for young maladjusted males?
Tim

2000 Road King on Mulholland approaching the Rock Store. BEFORE and After at 7000' elevation in Central Ca USFS Scenic Byway
1bdBagr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike
Quote:

I would prefer to duck this thread, because we've been down this road a hundred times.

But...I have to question why people use the word "assault guns." It's like jumping into a fire and calling for gasoline. For those who really know anything about guns, it's hard to take you seriously, and it's a serious discussion.

There is no such thing as an "assault gun," "assault rifle," "assault handgun." It's a misnomer that means nothing.

The difference between an "assault gun" and a regular gun"..is color.

That's it. Color. They don't shoot differently, they don't hold more bullets, they don't fire more rapidly. The don't reload quicker. The assault weapons ban is really an ugly gun ban. As MP says above, there 300 million guns in just these US. What make a gun ugly isn't something you can control through legislation. Ugly isn't going away.

If we're going to address the issues that we face, we need to start by sticking to some facts and avoid just repeating the crap we hear on TV that we really don't understand. With all due respect, I know you mean the right thing, but you need to start by educating yourself so that we can speak to each other in a language we can all agree on.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Live Free or Die

HiAngle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Chris Wallace, from Fox News, referred to the Glock and Sig Sauer as "Weapons of Mass Destruction"-- I could not believe it. He also stated that a semi automatic Glock is capable of firing 5 rounds per second. Perhaps a few professional shooters with modified triggers can do that but I can't do that with my G23.

Anyhoooo-- the gun control conversation is coming. Now I live in the Washington DC area, and that city has very strict gun controls. It doesn't stop the violence-- too many have little regard for human life. For many in that city, violence is part of their culture.

I own weapons and I will buy more weapons. I enjoy sport shooting. No member of our government, or society for that matter, needs to worry that I would ever commit a heinous crime. However, if a person tries to enter my home and/or threaten my family or I, they need to start worrying.

The King puts the balls where the Queen wants them.
HiAngle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bdBagr View Post
How about crazy people control? Guns don't kill people, crazy unhinged f'ed up teenagers who OD on videogames with severe mental issues kill people. Gee, do you think ObamaCare will properly address mental health needs for young maladjusted males?
Tim
We have a lot of crazy people who already have guns or who can get guns. That is the problem. It's not the sane, honest people who have guns. It's the nuts and the criminals, and there are a lot of them with easy access to guns. I do not see any way of changing that.

As for addressing the "mental health needs for young maladjusted males?", good luck. There doesn't seem to be much desire for any new government program. We just have to live with the reality that some of these maladjusted young men will go about killing a bunch of people occasionally. I'm not being sarcastic here. I'm trying to be pragmatic. I don't know of any way of identifying them in advance. I don't see any way out of this dilemma now.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

Nitram_b4 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I am a gun owner as well,
Just think if one person was in that school was allowed to carry a weapon, like the Principal, that reportedly died lunging at the shooter.
Nitram_b4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.