Gun control - Page 8 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #106 (permalink)
Live Free or Die

HiAngle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequila SG View Post
Angle come on are you serious, is a vintage badge in reference of what they used to do back in the days, it was the cushiest job in law enforcement.you're reaching there brother....
I didn't say the government should determine what games to play, I'm posting the question as to should much of the unnecessary graphic and theme of the game should be some how regulated, eliminating some of the violence, and confusing moral issues in the game like getting bonus points for killing by standers or for raping women, they have a rating system but it seems is useless, my grand children play video games, Nascar, F1 racing, MS flight simulator, the other stuff is off limits.
Again, I find it ironic you espoused protecting at risk groups, yet have an "iconic badge" that you dismiss, even though brothels are directly related to the human trafficking of kids. But I assure you that I'm not going to lose sleep over your avatar.

As to the meat of your post, you answered your own question. You make the decision to disallow graphic video games-- you don't need anyone to help you with coming to that conclusion. We don't need the government to regulate it. It won't work. Once they accept the fact it doesn't work, they'll try to reign something else in with the hopes that'll work.

The King puts the balls where the Queen wants them.
HiAngle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #107 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

kickstart257 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I didn't read all the posts butt I did find out that I am Jewish.

Fight fire fight with fire fight
Old 12-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #108 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this? James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I can't believe what I am reading here. So many guys who political views that lean to the right discussing adding government regulation to video games and movies, yet somebody bring up more gun regulations and they go ballistic. Can you people hear yourselves?
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #109 (permalink)
IronButt

streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I can't believe what I am reading here. So many guys who political views that lean to the right discussing adding government regulation to video games and movies, yet somebody bring up more gun regulations and they go ballistic. Can you people hear yourselves?
I'm with ya on that n James. I agree some of the video games are over the top, at least for certain age groups, but I think it's gotta be stronger parental regulation not gummint.

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650
streetg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #110 (permalink)
IronButt

Tequila SG wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
I think you're confusing government regulations with government dependency, are you that foolish that you really think you live in a totally free society, tell me this James why do we have regulation on child car safety seats, and what would be the result if we didn't?

Tequila SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #111 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrcr137 View Post
UTRVP, Please tell me you are looking for another doctor
Not my regular Doctor. Only saw him due to auto accident. Won't be going back anyway. I would not trust a Dr. who is stupid enough to think a criminal gives a damn about a sign!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #112 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiAngle View Post
Again, I find it ironic you espoused protecting at risk groups, yet have an "iconic badge" that you dismiss, even though brothels are directly related to the human trafficking of kids. But I assure you that I'm not going to lose sleep over your avatar.

As to the meat of your post, you answered your own question. You make the decision to disallow graphic video games-- you don't need anyone to help you with coming to that conclusion. We don't need the government to regulate it. It won't work. Once they accept the fact it doesn't work, they'll try to reign something else in with the hopes that'll work.
You're missing the point on the avatar and you've taken it into another level, not for this thread, but we can discuss avatars at a later date if you so desire,to me they are just a funny way to identify ones posts, I was a LEO did my time in VICE as well, I think now you might get it, some use cartoons some use rebel flags some use eagles, means nothing Angle.
Yes Angle I make my decisions on what I allow, but how many irresponsible parent don't care or don't know, no different than liquor or cigarettes.
Look I'm we all want the same thing, safety, and we all have different ways to look at how it can be achieved.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #113 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.
Rahm Emanuel

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...AV48ajhOiei.99
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #114 (permalink)
IronButt

Coincidentally, they've decided to fundraise, again, with this latest crisis.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/articl...2#.UND7DKxZgim

Quote:

In email from chief campaign advisor David Axelrod that urges supporters to watch President Obama's moving address to the community of Newtown, Conn., there are two links that open a page with a video player featuring the president's speech and two donate buttons asking for $15-$1,000 for his campaign.

"The next chapter begins today. Stand with President Obama for the next four years," headlines the donation page.

While he links to the donation pages in his email, Axelrod did not mention donations with his words. Instead, he expresses the horror the nation feels about the shootings. "Our hearts broke on Friday as we learned of the tragic and senseless deaths of 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut," he wrote. "As we reflect on the lives lost last week, we must also, as the president urged, consider how each of us can play a part in making our country worthy of the memory of those little children."

But above and below a picture of Obama giving his speech are two links to the donation and video player page. One reads, "Watch this speech." The other reads "http://my.barackobama.com/Newton". Clicking the picture also directs supporters to the video player and donation page.

Obama critic and blogger Jeryl Bier wrote, "Not one, but two buttons - two opportunities to donate to the Obama campaign. Not to the Red Cross, or to a memorial fund for the children and adults killed in Newtown. How hard would it have been to shift the focus, disable the buttons, for just one email, just one blog post? But the show must go on."
Old 12-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #115 (permalink)
IronButt

streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
Coincidentally, they've decided to fundraise, again, with this latest crisis.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/articl...2#.UND7DKxZgim
Didn't He just finish his last campaign? ?

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650
streetg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #116 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetg View Post
Didn't He just finish his last campaign? ?
Maybe he's going to pull a Bloomberg.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #117 (permalink)
IronButt

WEINERDOGBONE wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
I noticed that too. Video games and movies are harmless for normal kids. I wouldn't let a six year old kid play or watch entertainment rated for a 17 year old kid but, with that in mind, harmelss.
WEINERDOGBONE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #118 (permalink)
IronButt

Left or right want them or not, gun regulation and video and movie rating regulations are in the future, is a matter of time, will see this time next year.
In 1966 Oldsmobile offered air bags as an option on the Toronado, people made fun of them and everyone thought it was stupid, no one wanted to use seat belts either, you all know the rest of the story.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #119 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Gun control? No
Gun registry? Sort of...
Gun safety technology? Yes.
You are the ONLY one able to fire the weapon that IS REGISTERED TO YOU, and you only.
NO, your son/daughter/wife/ whoever can"t shoot that gun, because of MODERN, UP TO DATE safety mechanisms that are built in the weapon itself (retinal recognition, digital fingerprint match, whatever modern tech has to offer)...so they'd have to get their own.
We've got a variety of safety features for cars, why not guns?
The SAFETY, and Trigger lock are no longer acceptable.
Gun manufactures will have to step up. They've been relying on power and eye candy effect for sales forever. Time to change.
You're legit and want a gun? No problem. that gun will only work with YOU.
My Canadian nickel's worth..
Holy-Moley Jacques, that's about 4 and half cents too much IMO...God Save the Queen buddy.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #120 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike
An AR15 is the perhaps the silliest form of "assault weapon" ever devised. Show me anyone with any sense that knows anything about guns who wants to try to kill as many people as possible in as short a time as possible and I'll show you a guy who's carrying a 12-guage "hunting rifle." The entire "assault" weapon discussion is just foolishness by people who are clueless about what the word even means. Why would I want a tiny .22+ bb gun with a lousy 10 of 30 clip when I could blast away with 12 bigger projectiles with the pull of each trigger?

Last edited by DJW; 12-18-2012 at 07:31 PM.
DJW is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement