Gun control - Page 67 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #991 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it
 
BOUTYM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dutchess County, NY
Posts: 4,041
BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
For those that want to hammer Cuomo over wasting time on useless and over reaching legislation here ya go:

http://www.governor.ny.gov/contact/G...ontactForm.php

Just make sure your taxes are in order. An audit might come your way when you start bashing libs.
__________________
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." -Louis D Brandeis
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #992 (permalink)
IronButt
 
thrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Crescent City
Posts: 3,941
thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
Yep.



Yep.



Nope.

Try lower taxes, something Elbamo, NY and California should think about.



Uhhh, no. But nice try.
If you actually look into it, you will find that Gov Rick "good hair" Perry has cut education budgets so excessively that Texas is last in the nation in terms percentage of the population with a high school diploma. He has given that cash to subsidize industry and relaxed pollution monitoring and enforcement. The end result of this is uneducated Texans and a more polluted Texas.
__________________
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
If at first, you fail miserably, try the same thing again expecting different results.

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #993 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it
 
BOUTYM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dutchess County, NY
Posts: 4,041
BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
If you actually look into it, you will find that Gov Rick "good hair" Perry has cut education budgets so excessively that Texas is last in the nation in terms percentage of the population with a high school diploma. He has given that cash to subsidize industry and relaxed pollution monitoring and enforcement. The end result of this is uneducated Texans and a more polluted Texas.
I wonder how much of that 'education' budget was bullsh!t spending? So you're telling me that because schools don't have all the pork they want they can't educate and kids can't learn? Sorry, but I have to raise the bullsh!t flag WAY up in the air on that one. Money does not determine a teacher's ability to teach or a students ability to learn. A good teacher can teach under any circumstances and a student willing to learn can learn under any circumstances. Problem is there aren't enough good teachers that have a passion for the craft or enough parents that have the passion to instill the importance of education.
__________________
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." -Louis D Brandeis
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #994 (permalink)
IronButt
 
thrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Crescent City
Posts: 3,941
thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUTYM View Post
I wonder how much of that 'education' budget was bullsh!t spending? So you're telling me that because schools don't have all the pork they want they can't educate and kids can't learn? Sorry, but I have to raise the bullsh!t flag WAY up in the air on that one. Money does not determine a teacher's ability to teach or a students ability to learn. A good teacher can teach under any circumstances and a student willing to learn can learn under any circumstances. Problem is there aren't enough good teachers that have a passion for the craft or enough parents that have the passion to instill the importance of education.
Well, you could go on wondering and raising your bullsh!t flags WAY up in the air all you want. Alternatively, you could inform yourself on just how much teachers are actually paid in Texas as compared to the rest of the nation. Just sayin'

Do you think "good" teachers are not only motivated by passion, but also by money like the rest of us non-philanthropist types?
__________________
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
If at first, you fail miserably, try the same thing again expecting different results.

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #995 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 42
trgtshtr wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quick google:

http://www.teacherportal.com/salary/...teacher-salary

trgtshtr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #996 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it
 
BOUTYM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dutchess County, NY
Posts: 4,041
BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
Well, you could go on wondering and raising your bullsh!t flags WAY up in the air all you want. Alternatively, you could inform yourself on just how much teachers are actually paid in Texas as compared to the rest of the nation. Just sayin'

Do you think "good" teachers are not only motivated by passion, but also by money like the rest of us non-philanthropist types?
Typical lib response. I know quite a few teachers, some of which are in the NYC public school system and they don't bitch about the money because they get their satisfaction from doing what they've always wanted to do... TEACH. If a teacher's primary motivation is money, much like many doctors, the student and patients suffer.

I had a lengthy discussion with my accountant (also a good friend) one day about this very subject. I won't mention the name of the accounting firm, but let's leave it at since they do the accounting for all the school districts in several counties they also do taxes for many of the teachers in those districts. There's a lot of bitching by teachers even in NY, but I'm told they aren't doing near as badly as they would have you believe.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid my friend. Some day you will wake up to what's really going on. My only hope, and I sincerely mean this, is that you wake up before you've reached the point of no return.
__________________
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." -Louis D Brandeis
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #997 (permalink)
IronButt
 
spdrcr137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Illinios
Posts: 514
spdrcr137 wants to know Dino or Syn?
$33 per hour average
spdrcr137 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #998 (permalink)
NRA Life
 
Hamilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,044
Hamilton wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
If you actually look into it, you will find that Gov Rick "good hair" Perry has cut education budgets so excessively that Texas is last in the nation in terms percentage of the population with a high school diploma.
I couldn't care less about education, never needed it where I've worked. And I've made a good living for 45 years.

Quote:
He has given that cash to subsidize industry and relaxed pollution monitoring and enforcement. The end result of this is uneducated Texans and a more polluted Texas.
Subsidizing industry? Sounds like jobs. Jobs = money. I'd vote for him.

Pollution? Gov Perry can not exceed EPA regulations, I hope you are not an alarmist.
__________________
"The integrity of my word, faith in the quality of my goods and in my promise, have always meant more to me than mere transitory gain."

- Robert Bosch
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #999 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 42
trgtshtr wants to know Dino or Syn?
New York Teachers
http://schools.nyc.gov/TeachNYC/sala...ault.htm:beer:
trgtshtr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #1000 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it
 
BOUTYM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dutchess County, NY
Posts: 4,041
BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trgtshtr View Post
Here's a good link (you got your beer too close)

http://schools.nyc.gov/TeachNYC/salary/default.htm
__________________
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." -Louis D Brandeis
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #1001 (permalink)
IronButt
 
thrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Crescent City
Posts: 3,941
thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
I couldn't care less about education, never needed it where I've worked. And I've made a good living for 45 years.
So you are saying that no one in the US needs an education because you couldn't care less about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post


Subsidizing industry? Sounds like jobs. Jobs = money. I'd vote for him.

Pollution? Gov Perry can not exceed EPA regulations, I hope you are not an alarmist.
You really should inform yourself.
__________________
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
If at first, you fail miserably, try the same thing again expecting different results.

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #1002 (permalink)
IronButt
 
thrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Crescent City
Posts: 3,941
thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUTYM View Post
Typical lib response. I know quite a few teachers, some of which are in the NYC public school system and they don't bitch about the money because they get their satisfaction from doing what they've always wanted to do... TEACH. If a teacher's primary motivation is money, much like many doctors, the student and patients suffer.

I had a lengthy discussion with my accountant (also a good friend) one day about this very subject. I won't mention the name of the accounting firm, but let's leave it at since they do the accounting for all the school districts in several counties they also do taxes for many of the teachers in those districts. There's a lot of bitching by teachers even in NY, but I'm told they aren't doing near as badly as they would have you believe.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid my friend. Some day you will wake up to what's really going on. My only hope, and I sincerely mean this, is that you wake up before you've reached the point of no return.
Typical rightwingnut response. I see you took the former advice about wondering and ranting aimlessly and raising your silly bullsh!t flags WAY up in the air all you want. How did I know that would happen? The information on Texas education system is out there and its publicly available.

Wingnuts complain about foreigners coming into this country and taking American jobs. You know why? There aren't enough educated Americans to fill them. That's right. Take for instance one company that I'm very familiar with: Microsoft Corporation. They have been and are currently lobbying the federal government to ease visa restrictions so they can import more software engineers from abroad. Electrical, Mechanical, and Petroleum engineers are in the same situation.
__________________
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
If at first, you fail miserably, try the same thing again expecting different results.

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #1003 (permalink)
IronButt
 
thrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Crescent City
Posts: 3,941
thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
Exclamation

Since they don't seem to give a rat's a$$ about education, I guess the rightwingnut mantra is: Keep America Stupid.
__________________
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
If at first, you fail miserably, try the same thing again expecting different results.

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #1004 (permalink)
NRA Life
 
Hamilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,044
Hamilton wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
So you are saying that no one in the US needs an education because you couldn't care less about it?
Huh? I speak for myself, no one else.

Don't read more than what I've typed. You did this on another post.

Quote:
You really should inform yourself.
You really should get some glasses.
__________________
"The integrity of my word, faith in the quality of my goods and in my promise, have always meant more to me than mere transitory gain."

- Robert Bosch
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #1005 (permalink)
IronButt
 
thrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Crescent City
Posts: 3,941
thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
Huh? I speak for myself, no one else.

Don't read more than what I've typed. You did this on another post.



You really should get some glasses.
You should take your head out of,... well,... the sand. You obviously know nothing about the state of Texas education system.
__________________
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
If at first, you fail miserably, try the same thing again expecting different results.

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
(C)2001-2012 V-twinForum.com All Rights Reserved (C)2001- V-twinForum.com All Rights Reserved
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Forum Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum Kawasaki Ninja 250SL Forum