Obama turns down millionaire's tax : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this? DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Obama turns down millionaire's tax

According the AP, Obama has turned down the Pubs offer of a Millionaire tax stating that the tax increase has to apply to everyone making over 250k.

Why you may ask? Didn't the President just go around the country for the past 4-years claiming that "millionaires and billionaires" weren't paying "their fair share?"

Quote:
"And any reform should follow another simple principle: Middle-class families shouldn’t pay higher taxes than millionaires and billionaires..-.BHO the Rose Gardens 9/19/2011
Of course, I could quote him hundreds of times since.

This is the ultimate bait-and-switch. The President never meant "millionaires and billionaires," because he knows there isn't enough money there to even pay a day's worth of our absurd spending. He needs the big nut: you and me, and small business to even raise enough cash to offset Washington's spending for even a couple of weeks.

"Over the cliff and through the woods to Obama's house we go..."
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

Ziggy57 wants to know Dino or Syn?
More importantly to him is the ability to spend with no limits...and we get to pay for his spending sprees!!
I hope Boehner holds his ground on that aspect of the negotiations.

I honestly believe if our Government would quit supporting countries that hate the U.S., we could take care of our own without taxing the hell out of everyone and everything!

Make it a great Sunday!!!
Ziggy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

Flexin wants to know Dino or Syn?
I thought the offer was making a million or more and that was why it was turned down. Not over 250K.

I agree we should focus on what is going on at home and not the rest of the world.
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post
According the AP, Obama has turned down the Pubs offer of a Millionaire tax stating that the tax increase has to apply to everyone making over 250k.

Why you may ask? Didn't the President just go around the country for the past 4-years claiming that "millionaires and billionaires" weren't paying "their fair share?"

This is the ultimate bait-and-switch. The President never meant "millionaires and billionaires," because he knows there isn't enough money there to even pay a day's worth of our absurd spending. He needs the big nut: you and me, and small business to even raise enough cash to offset Washington's spending for even a couple of weeks.

Can't say it's gonna be a fun ride thru those woods, but it is interesting watching all the kneelers praise their lord as he a$$rapes them, hard, and repeatedly. 250k is small business, small business IS the middle class
Obots are SUCKERS or just into the prison love.

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650
streetg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-source-boeh...-politics.html

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/repo...-firm-at-250k/

I think that is why it was written as he turned down the "millionaire's tax". He is still holding on the 250K and above. At least that is what I've read.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

pcarrell wants to know Dino or Syn?
Ziggy, see, now there you go with that "thinking" thing again! Imagine.....taking care of our own business before we stick our noses into everyone else's........crazy!

(Said with tongue firmly planted in cheek)
pcarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetg View Post
Can't say it's gonna be a fun ride thru those woods, but it is interesting watching all the kneelers praise their lord as he a$$rapes them, hard, and repeatedly. 250k is small business, small business IS the middle class
Obots are SUCKERS or just into the prison love.
250K is after deductions, so that means gross is above 350K (at least). For individuals, that's not middle class.

For small businesses, this is not mom and pop shops, after all expenses, most are not clearing 250K.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

Nitram_b4 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
A flat tax with no loop holes and everybody would pay less, but the people that take large advantage of loop holes...like senators and congress
Nitram_b4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

09 XBones wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:

So now what's your beef, that he only mentioned millionaires and billionaires and not "two-hundred-and-fifty-thousandaires?"

You aren't seriously finding fault here are you Danny?

Quote:
There's no bait and switch here at all. Just a whole lot of foaming at the mouth from Planet Wingnut. Your heads must be doing 360's while projectile vomiting ala The Exorcist.

And I'm loving it!

FOUR MORE YEARS!!!

Quote:
09 XBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

spdrcr137 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Flat tax works for me. I would also like to see better oversite of all the programs. I know of several cases of abuse of welfare. The savings with the found fraud would more than cover the cost of the oversite. Several things to think about.

1. Drug testing? whynot
2. If your receiving support for a child, no more children until you can care for them.
3. Limit what can be purchsed with food stamps and wic cards.

just a few ideas
spdrcr137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
Exclamation

Quote:
The repubes offer was for those earning $1 million or more. Perhaps you should get your facts straight before spreading your usual propaganda, Dan.

Quote:
Speaker John Boehner has proposed allowing tax rates to rise for the wealthiest Americans if President Barack Obama agrees to major entitlement cuts, according to several sources close to the talks.
It is the first time Boehner has offered any boost in marginal tax rates for any income group, and it would represent a major concession for the Ohio Republican. Boehner suggested hiking the Bush-era tax rates for top wage earners, including those with annual incomes of $1 million or more annually, beginning Jan. 1, two sources said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2012/1...#ixzz2FEbBglRN

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this? DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
The repubes offer was for those earning $1 million or more. Perhaps you should get your facts straight before spreading your usual propaganda, Dan.
um..duh. that's what I said.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 XBones View Post
So now what's your beef, that he only mentioned millionaires and billionaires and not "two-hundred-and-fifty-thousandaires?"

You aren't seriously finding fault here are you Danny?

[/b]
Absolutely. His claim is that the "rich" don't pay their "fair share." Tax on those making a million or more would be considered "rich" even where bones lives.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Looks like Obama doesn't want to compromise. This is why nothing is getting done.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
250K is after deductions, so that means gross is above 350K (at least). For individuals, that's not middle class.

For small businesses, this is not mom and pop shops, after all expenses, most are not clearing 250K.
250k is ridiculous imaginary number. why not 175? why not 300? why not 350? The average US income is about 41k. So how is it possible that anyone making 50k isn't rich?

It's nothing more than an imaginary hurdle that Obama set in order to play us off against each other. The "middle class" is defined by education not by income. America is a "classless" society, but Obama and the Dems have brought in their Marxist philosophy of us vs them mentality.

It's just a matter of convincing people that the 9th and 10th commandments don't apply to them.
Advertisement