Obama turns down millionaire's tax - Page 3 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #31 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by compressor#v View Post
Who said anything about "Womyn's studies", man you got some issues.
Anyway the person I'm talking about is an auto designer thourghly proficient in Catia.
Did this person research the job potential before getting the degree? If not then maybe it wasn't such a good idea and he/she should have pursued something a little more realistic.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

09 XBones wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggerman11 View Post
when i was growing up, anyone that made 100 bucks a week was considered to be wealthy and people making 150 a week were considered rich. the rich already pay the majority of taxes,
When the rich pay 10 bucks on 100, and the middle class pay 9 bucks on 50, that makes no sense but it does fit in with your claim the rich pay the majrity of taxes.

Quote:
obama just wants them to pay the same taxes on their investments. now that's taxation without representation.
Then you don't know what "taxation without representation" means.

Quote:
if he has his way, i'll have to pay more taxes on my monthly dividend checks cause I worked my ass off for 55 years and saved for a nice retirement.
Too bad. Why should your dividend today be taxed and less than my labor today?

Quote:
when will someone stand up to the goof ball and tell him no new taxes until you quit spending what you don't have. next time I vote will personnally ask the guy running for office how big his gonads are. get the drift, time to tell the government to fall over the cliff, then maybe when the pres doesn't get paid because he taxed everyone to death, he'll get the idea.
What is this the fantasy forum?
09 XBones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetg View Post
More bull. NO retail op supports the middle class. Retail pays near minimum wage and benefits are typically unheard of. And small contractors? Don't even get me started on the folly of every small contractor's business plan.
I'm not just talkin Home depot here, lots o retail folks work on commission and support families. Car salesman for example. I know commission goes against your union values where seniority trumps performance but it works.[/quote]

Really? I'm not seeing your point unless it's that 1 in 10,000 retail workers are car salesmen, which is in and of itself wrong, because that isn't retail, that's sales. People who work in sales often do work on commission. But I'd wager there's 1 car salesman for every 10,000 retail workers which doesn't help your original contention anyway. Retail is NOT the backbone of the middle class.

Retail pays minimum wage, and, in most mom and pop shops, much of it it under the table - IE cash off the books.

Quote:
As far as contractors go, I am a relatively small non union contractor and tell ya what, my guys would all leave if I tried paying them any way but performance based piecework.
Making them all contractors too, and alleviating you the responsibility of being an "employer". But if any one of "your guys" earns more than 50% of his annual earnings from you as a source, then you're both breaking the law.

Which is of course, the only way you chump changers can get by.

Quote:
There is a place for guys who just want to settle, it's called the union, yours bonesey, IBEW.
Yep - I just like to "settle" into my worker's comp, my medical benefits, dental, eyeglass, and my 5 pensions.Your brilliant "guys" will be working into their graves. When they can no longer piecework for you - they'll be greeters in WalMart.

Quote:
My guys nor myself are liscenced electricians but thats not all the IBEW deals with.
Here's a good one bout your beloved gang o corrupt thugs though, back in the late 90's me n Bout 10 Boston area boys scored some work in Manhattan, subbing from a City Island prime and had to git us some union cards. Someone worked some deal out thats we all got labeled apprentices
LOL that's fantastic. What I find soooo typically pathetic about your StreetG is how you describe getting some work in Manhattan as "SCORED" but then again, based on what I see from most out of area travellers it's understandable how excited you can get when you find yourself on a REAL job making REAL money, a situation you typically only dream about.

Quote:
So, in the unions eyes, we were all traveling from Boston to one of the priciest places in the country to work for, id I remember right, $11n change an hour.We would get 2 checks every cycle, our bullchit 40hr/$11 check for appearances, then the real one.
Unfortunately, the "real one" plus the "bullchit" one still didn't pay your come uppance StreetG, because you didn't get the pension or benefit payments along with your hourly wage (On Prevailing rate work, you must either get the prescribed union benefits, or the cost of those benefits added to your wages.) So in esscense, your were happier than a pig in chit while you were getting phucked.

Congratulations StreetG.

Quote:
This was done with full knowledge of the union, f brotherhood, f local guys. Someone made the right folks happy $$$$, and it all worked out. There's a long history of gummint and union corruption and the more you givem, the more corrupt they are
What's funny is how well we're all doing amongst all this so called "corruption." And I wonder what makes you so sure how you or your source really knew if anyone in the union was aware of this.

Quote:
Did I benefit from that corruption? ?Yup, but ya can't deny there's no working in NYC without some funny business somewhere .
[/QUOTE]

Sure there is I do it all the time. And so do nonunion contractors.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #34 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
Did this person research the job potential before getting the degree? If not then maybe it wasn't such a good idea and he/she should have pursued something a little more realistic.
are you related to DJ?
So your saying the millions of unemployed "
should have pursued something a little more realistic.[/QUOTE]"??
WOW
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #35 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
are you related to DJ?
So your saying the millions of unemployed "
should have pursued something a little more realistic."??
WOW
Maybe quite a few should have.

Last edited by RGRider; 12-18-2012 at 02:30 PM.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #36 (permalink)
IronButt

streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 XBones View Post
I'm not just talkin Home depot here, lots o retail folks work on commission and support families. Car salesman for example. I know commission goes against your union values where seniority trumps performance but it works.
Really? I'm not seeing your point unless it's that 1 in 10,000 retail workers are car salesmen, which is in and of itself wrong, because that isn't retail, that's sales. People who work in sales often do work on commission. But I'd wager there's 1 car salesman for every 10,000 retail workers which doesn't help your original contention anyway. Retail is NOT the backbone of the middle class.

Retail pays minimum wage, and, in most mom and pop shops, much of it it under the table - IE cash off the books. [/QUOTE]

I can't read all this bonesy, your bullchit just gets too ridiculous but I skimmed it. First of all, the retail thing was in response to your spin that there's NO MIDDLE CLASS JOBS IN RETAIL, regarding middle classers would not be hurt by 250k plus tax increases. BS
As far as us chump changers, any one of my guys would quit if they had to settle for the equivalent of union wages. In fact, we did have one guy who thought the grass would be greener and made the jump. Now, this dude was in his 30's and had busted a$$ his whole life instead of going union right after school and being trained to milk jobs. He got quickly put in his place by the good ole union boys. No matter what, 1 job completed per day
Milk it, go hide, whatever, just never call in midday asking for more work no matter what.
Buy the way bonesey, I read somewhere, prolly the right to work thread, were you making a point bout non union workers getting the benefits of something they don't contribute to? ?? Kinda like the conservative skin in the game argument? ? Why is yer BS line different when your spouting your workers of the world unite crap than when talking bout the workers of America? ? Try a little consistancy in yer BS bonesey [/QUOTE]

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650
streetg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #37 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Who said anything about "Womyn's studies", man you got some issues.
Anyway the persons I'm talking about is an auto designer thourghly proficient in Catia, and a electrical engineer, and a mechanical engineer.
Bullcrap. Electrical Engineering, meaning you have your degree, passed EIT, and PE, and you can't get a job? Bullcrap. And the same for ME. You got your PE, you got a job somewhere in the US.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #38 (permalink)
Premium Member

claytp1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post
Bullcrap. Electrical Engineering, meaning you have your degree, passed EIT, and PE, and you can't get a job? Bullcrap. And the same for ME. You got your PE, you got a job somewhere in the US.
I passed the EIT, never bothered pursuing the PE license. It's only useful in certain situations. It is fairly dependent on what your specific skill set is within EE as to how easy it is to find a job. That said, a quick run on Monster shows there are indeed jobs out there. But it's not like the good old days, it's been awhile since a head hunter has called me.
claytp1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #39 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
You are a bit naieve. My nephew recently graduated from MSU, electrical engineering. Applied for a job out of Houston (none in Mi.), there were 14 openings, requiring a degree, 562 applicants for the 14 openings. the first cut whittled it down to 150 for a 2nd interview, then down to 25 for a final interview. My nephew got one of the positions. He says he had some luck because some of the aplicants were his collegues, and had a better grade point average. I'll say it again 562 for 14 jobs. So if you think America has a job around every corner, just waiting for everyone your sadly mistaken.

Last edited by compressor#v; 12-19-2012 at 09:01 AM.
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Retail pays minimum wage, and, in most mom and pop shops, much of it it under the table - IE cash off the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetg View Post
I can't read all this bonesy, your bullchit just gets too ridiculous but I skimmed it. First of all, the retail thing was in response to your spin that there's NO MIDDLE CLASS JOBS IN RETAIL,
Bullchit? Walk into a mall StreetG and point out all those earning a decent, liveable wage supporting themselves and their family? Retail pays crap and you know it.

My point is that your response that car salesmen make a decent buck was that car salesmen are in SALES, not retail.

Quote:
regarding middle classers would not be hurt by 250k plus tax increases. BS
Well sorry to disagree there Street but you could double the tax rate on everything we make above 250K and I assure you, our lifestyle will not change one iota.

Quote:
As far as us chump changers, any one of my guys would quit if they had to settle for the equivalent of union wages.
Of course that's why you haul ass to NYC to work off the cuff in Manhattan...

Quote:
In fact, we did have one guy who thought the grass would be greener and made the jump. Now, this dude was in his 30's and had busted a$$ his whole life instead of going union right after school and being trained to milk jobs. He got quickly put in his place by the good ole union boys. No matter what, 1 job completed per day
Milk it, go hide, whatever, just never call in midday asking for more work no matter what.
Buy the way bonesey, I read somewhere, prolly the right to work thread, were you making a point bout non union workers getting the benefits of something they don't contribute to? ?? Kinda like the conservative skin in the game argument? ? Why is yer BS line different when your spouting your workers of the world unite crap than when talking bout the workers of America? ? Try a little consistancy in yer BS bonesey
[/QUOTE]

What does having skin in the game go to do with riding other's coattails?
Old 12-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #41 (permalink)
IronButt

streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 XBones View Post

Bullchit? Walk into a mall StreetG and point out all those earning a decent, liveable wage supporting themselves and their family? Retail pays crap and you know it.

My point is that your response that car salesmen make a decent buck was that car salesmen are in SALES, not retail.

Well sorry to disagree there Street but you could double the tax rate on everything we make above 250K and I assure you, our lifestyle will not change one iota.

Of course that's why you haul ass to NYC to work off the cuff in Manhattan...
What does having skin in the game go to do with riding other's coattails?[/QUOTE]
I can't respond to these multi quote posts you make with this POS phone of mine without it winding up muddled or taking me a freakin hour so I'll try point by point ..K??

Bones, if ya wanna split hairs I guess ya can differentiate betwixt retail n sales. So I fkkd my wording up but the intent stands as far as lotsa small business in that tax bracket paying more can affect middle classes. Of course no one is arguing the good life available to mini mart clerks.
Edit...Lookitup bonesey, retail =sales to the end user as opposed to wholesale so it included selling everything from private jets to bubble gum. So, your wrong. I just got this silly screen to page up and check and capitolized you wrong info so ...SALES=RETAIL

What the hell does hauling off to NY got to do with anything? ?I gone as far as Co and WY for work, see, when you haven't been systematically trained to milk work since you were 18, that jobs take 3 times longer than they really do, you would understand hustle, hard performance based piecework and going where the work is instead of jumping for joy for your 3 months off drawing unemployment. In fact, ALMOST everytime I've travelled for work it's been to get the Better work not due to it being the only work

And, the skin /game thing..how is a non union worker enjoying benefits they don't pay for any different than citizens, and more aggravating, non citizens taking benefits and not contributing? ? No difference, yet you oppose it in the workplace and back it up big-time on a national economic level.

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650
streetg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #42 (permalink)
IronButt

boston62 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitram_b4 View Post
A flat tax with no loop holes and everybody would pay less, but the people that take large advantage of loop holes...like senators and congress
No it would never get by the rich Corporations who pay nothing. The flat tax is always killed by the top 2%.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com App
boston62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #43 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston62 View Post
No it would never get by the rich Corporations who pay nothing. The flat tax is always killed by the top 2%.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com App
Just out curiosity, what do you suppose my corporation pays in taxes?

And maybe more to the point, what do you think it should pay?
Old 12-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #44 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Fred1369 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
if we don't start upping the tax rates at the $250,000 limit how else would we get to a one-class society?

Seek the truth. Only then will justice and mercy be yours. Do not make religion your trade nor piety a profession.
Fred1369 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #45 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Just out curiosity, what do you suppose my corporation pays in taxes?

And maybe more to the point, what do you think it should pay?
Don't forget all the regulatory fees paid and all the taxes employees pay and all the taxes on capital they buy etc.

That's often overlooked by lefties.

W
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.