6-1/2% Unemployment - There fixed it for ya' - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
If an adult is only making $10 an hour they have bigger issues than their wage and shouldn't even have a family to try and raise.
So a guy loses his engineering job, and has trouble finding an equal paying job.......he should get rid of his family? Sheesh! Guess ALL the unemployed are a bunch of lazy scumbags!?. You slay me.
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by compressor#v View Post
So a guy loses his engineering job, and has trouble finding an equal paying job.......he should get rid of his family? Sheesh! Guess ALL the unemployed are a bunch of lazy scumbags!?. You slay me.
Do you have a point to make? What's your answer smart man?

There are plenty jobs out there paying well but going unfilled. Look in the want ads for crying out loud. Like I've said previously, where I work is having a hard time filling vacancies with qualified workers and part of the problem is very few are willing to work nights, holidays or weekends anymore. We get plenty applicants who seem to think 8-5 is the only standard acceptable. I'll bet a lot of them are STILL unemployed.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Get two jobs.
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Blacklinebrett wants to know Dino or Syn?
Jobs going over seas is the problem. I buy American cars because I like thinking I'm supporting good jobs for Americans . Even though a lot of parts are made overseas , I still don't get why anyone would buy anything else

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Blacklinebrett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

I'd rather spend couple bucks more on something made here any day. What ever happened to the made in America campaign from 80's or early 90's

Old 12-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Premium Member

claytp1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklinebrett View Post
Jobs going over seas is the problem. I buy American cars because I like thinking I'm supporting good jobs for Americans . Even though a lot of parts are made overseas , I still don't get why anyone would buy anything else

First the last Chevy I owned had troubles within the second day I owned it, many of which still existed when I dumped it.

Whereas the made in Kentucky, Toyota Camry that just turned 102K miles runs as perfect the day I bought it. The Texas built Toyota Tundra is the same story though quite a few less miles. And then there is the far better resale value.
claytp1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Do you have a point to make? What's your answer smart man?

There are plenty jobs out there paying well but going unfilled. Look in the want ads for crying out loud. Like I've said previously, where I work is having a hard time filling vacancies with qualified workers and part of the problem is very few are willing to work nights, holidays or weekends anymore. We get plenty applicants who seem to think 8-5 is the only standard acceptable. I'll bet a lot of them are STILL unemployed.
Your company should invest in America and help train to assure quality employees.

Last edited by compressor#v; 12-18-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
I know A LOT of engineers and architects, none of them have ever been reduced to making $10/hr.

At least make a rational argument.

EDUCATION, AMBITION, and MOTIVATION is what separates $10/hr from $200/hr. Nothing more other than a little good luck from time to time. But all the luck in the world ain't gonna get you off of welfare with a GED in your pocket and joint in your mouth.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Your company should invest in America and help train to assure quality employees.
You can't train them to want to work nights, holidays and weekends.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytp1 View Post
First the last Chevy I owned had troubles within the second day I owned it, many of which still existed when I dumped it.

Whereas the made in Kentucky, Toyota Camry that just turned 102K miles runs as perfect the day I bought it. The Texas built Toyota Tundra is the same story though quite a few less miles. And then there is the far better resale value.
I have an 05 gmc Denali never a problem and best of all my 96 dodge with 190,000 miles I had forever and drive everyday never had 1 breakdown and everything works. Might have been lack if maintaining in your ride. Modern American cars are just as reliable if not more reliable than rice burners. Maybe you should sell your harley and buy a yamaha

Old 12-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
Premium Member

claytp1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
I have an 05 gmc Denali never a problem and best of all my 96 dodge with 190,000 miles I had forever and drive everyday never had 1 breakdown and everything works. Might have been lack if maintaining in your ride. Modern American cars are just as reliable if not more reliable than rice burners. Maybe you should sell your harley and buy a yamaha

Day 2 with the $35K or so Z71 Tahoe a funny noise when making turns.....bad worm gear. Dealer fixed it under warranty.

Day 3 I ran out of gas......fuel gauge showed more than a 1/4 tank of gas remaining. Dealer fixed it under warranty.

Within the first month the interior moldings were warping around the windshield. Dealer wouldn't do anything about it.

Within the first year or so the dashboard went ape shiite and had to be fully replaced. Dealer replaced under warranty.

Within two years there was this strange metallic vibration from somewhere in the backend. Dealer heard it too but couldn't isolate the source of the sound. Have you ever been on a long road trip with such an annoying sound repeating itself every 5 or 10 minutes?

Do these sound like maintenance issues to you?

All regular maintenance was performed. The final straw was when the first signs that the transmission was beginning to go. When the transmission was shifted into drive there was that tell tale slight delay before it would engage. Enough for me, and it was time for for a more fuel efficient vehicle anyway.

Perhaps before taking things so personal and making accusations without the facts, understand that I was only replying to your question.

By the way, you may have missed that both my Toyotas were made in the USA. They may very well be more American than your GMC and Dodges that are full of foreign made parts. And Toyota has never asked me for a bailout.

Thanks but I'll go ahead and keep my Harley, it's only required one warranty repair. And yeah, I keep up with the maintenance on it too.

Last edited by claytp1; 12-18-2012 at 10:14 PM.
claytp1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 07:55 AM   #27 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post
I know A LOT of engineers and architects, none of them have ever been reduced to making $10/hr.

At least make a rational argument.

EDUCATION, AMBITION, and MOTIVATION is what separates $10/hr from $200/hr. Nothing more other than a little good luck from time to time. But all the luck in the world ain't gonna get you off of welfare with a GED in your pocket and joint in your mouth.
So how is yours "rational"? I know a a lot of engineers and an architetect that's out of work. Guess you haven't heard of a slowdown in building, both commercial and resedential. And I assure you none of the people I'm speaking about have a "joint" in their mouth, and this discussion never mentioned those with only a GED, so your arrogance just leads to ignorance and your ideology.

Last edited by compressor#v; 12-19-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

09 XBones wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
I'd rather spend couple bucks more on something made here any day. What ever happened to the made in America campaign from 80's or early 90's

Much of the Made in America Campaign, as well as the "Look for the Union Label" campaign from the 70's fizzled out as corporate dominated broadcast media refused to accept their advertizing.
09 XBones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
You can't train them to want to work nights, holidays and weekends.
No but you can pay them to. We pay time and a half for nights an weekends, double time and a half for holidays. What's your company's payscale for those undesirable, life-sucking shifts?
Old 12-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

I agree. Never a problem with my 2008 F150 Supercrew, nor it's predecessor, a 2001 Ford F150 Supercrew Harley Davidson edition. Ive have 2 Escalades which had zero problems though each had 2 minor factory recalls. Got a 2012 Malibu with zero issues and my company leases me a 2013 Ford Edge. Holy crap what a car! I cannot believe the dashboard electronics and the way Ford has embraced technology.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.