THIS is what our government chooses to spend money on? : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

pcarrell wants to know Dino or Syn?
THIS is what our government chooses to spend money on?

It's no secret that America has been sending money to the Middle East for a long time, but...........

We're now sending money to save Mosques?

I'm all for building bridges between people, not burning them, but is this the way to do it? When we are having so many fiscal problems right here inside our own borders?

Last edited by pcarrell; 12-10-2012 at 09:23 AM.
pcarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
All the while telling us we need to sacrifice our SS and Medicare.
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

One would think that using the money in those programs would be money better spent.

Last edited by pcarrell; 12-10-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
I haven't seen your bird.

MadCity is reading this now saying WTF is this?
This is a really old story and goes back to Clinton and Bush. Here's some background.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Well we can't give them tax breaks.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCity View Post
This is a really old story and goes back to Clinton and Bush. Here's some background.
True, and an interesting fact, but does it matter who started it? Those are your tax dollars.....my tax dollars. Right now I'd suggest they'd be better spent on our shores.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarrell View Post
True, and an interesting fact, but does it matter who started it? Those are your tax dollars.....my tax dollars. Right now I'd suggest they'd be better spent on our shores.
I believe the point was that money was spent a long time ago when the economy was in better shape.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

Much of it was, but it's still going on today.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

BUBBIE wants to know Dino or Syn?

When Egypt overthrew former President Hosni Mubarak and started a path to democracy, the Obama administration pledged to help the process by giving Egypt $1 billion in aid, but a Congressional Republican from Texas is now trying to stop the administration from sending Egypt $450 million in emergency cash.
Representative Kay Granger of Texas, chairwoman of the House appropriations subcommittee overseeing foreign aid, said she was going to try to block the distribution of the money. In a statement her office sent out as the administration was announcing the aid package to Egypt, Granger said the American relationship with Egypt “has never been under more scrutiny” than it has been since the election of President Mohamed Morsi, a former leader of the Muslim Brotherhood.
“I am not convinced of the urgent need for this assistance and I cannot support it at this time,” Granger’s statement said.

Link to this and more.
http://atlantablackstar.com/2012/09/...-aid-to-egypt/

signed....BUBBIE
Old 12-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

Shaw_2112 wants to know Dino or Syn?
we give billions away to countries that either don't need it or don't deserve it, while our own people suffer. It is simply more distribution of wealth but on a global scale, someone else is clearly in control of our Gov't purse strings....
Old 12-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

Topgeye wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw_2112 View Post
we give billions away to countries that either don't need it or don't deserve it

You can add "Don't even like us" to that list also. It's a prime example of that other thread that is running now about how the almighty dollar trumps everything else although in a different way. These countries are like kids. They are nice to you as long as you give them their allowance without questions and even then it's in a very strained relationship. In other words, we are not going to do anything for or with you unless we get paid and then we will have to think about it. As was mentioned, this has been going on since before I was born (1950) and will be going on long after I'm gone so my rant is just that, a rant to deaf ears.
Willie G mods in some places
American Custom Bomber slip ons
Topgeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

baggerman11 wants to know Dino or Syn?
you have to pay for your enemies or we wouldn't have any. know what I mean. let's clean up our own backyard before we try to clean up the world. let's get people back to work and off the welfare roles. let's quit making it more profitable to be on welfare than working for a living. let's fire all those idiots in government.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

WEINERDOGBONE wants to know Dino or Syn?
I believe this policy could be described as kissing their collective asses in hopes that they will like us better. It never works. They'll take our money and kick us right in the junk first chance they get.
WEINERDOGBONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement