GOP wants to cut Medicare and Medicaid - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Who going to pay, the baby boomers are retiring and moving their money to the Cayman Islands?

W
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
IronButt

Richard001 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Pay?

We will print and borrow as long as it works then implode
Richard001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
IronButt

guydoc77 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard001 View Post
We will print and borrow as long as it works then implode
And implode it will. Denial is a powerful, albeit destructive thing.
Clearview windshield
CP flat tops
R&R Stage 3 heads, .030 gasket, 82cc chambers
Trued, welded, and balanced crank by Hyperformance
TMan 590 cams
SE AC
HPI 54mm TB
Supermeg with open cap and 15 discs
TTS tune by BVBob

2003 Indian Scout Deluxe
Aspen White (got it for my wife)
S&S "SuperStock" 88"
12" apes
Scary fast!
guydoc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

09 XBones wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post
Here's the "straight facts." You ain't paid "into" anything. Your "contributions" have gone into a general treasury fund to buy F-16s for Egyptian tyrants, highway tunnels for spotted turtles, and obamaphones for welfare queens. Your "contribution" has been spent 16 trillion times over.

In 2011 the US spent 549 Billion on Medicare, it's total income was 530 Billion. That's 20 Billion in hole to start with. By 2014 (11 years from now -at the latest -) the system will be bankrupt...and nobody will get a dime. It won't matter if you're big or tall, fat or think, rich or poor, the money will be all gone.

The US currently spends about 3.6 Trillion a year, our gross receipts are about 2.6 Trillion. That includes your contribution.

Do the math. How much do you think is left over for your 40-years of "paying into?"
You point out exactly why taxes on the wealthy, and corporations need to be raised back to where they were pre-Clinton era. Because now our obligations are higher, and despite the fact that taxes on the wealthy and corporations have been drastically slashed since Clinton, there are even FEWER jobs and our overall economy has gotten worse while the wealthy have prospered and corporations are posting record breaking profits.

Thanks for pointing out how trickle-down doesn't work AND exactly what the ramifications are.

Also thanks for mistakenly pointing out how lowering taxes on the "job creators" doesn't create jobs...
09 XBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

09 XBones wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard001 View Post
Medicare and Medicaid are entitlement programs.
Social Security on paper is paid by the future recipients directly. Social Security has been raided over the years and the money we have paid in is pretty much spent.
If anyone thinks Government is looking out for you and will provide in the future, would you like to buy a bridge?
Anyone between 45 and 55 is pretty much screwed.
Both parties will keep pushing the pain out until it implodes. I think I will take up smoking and hope for a heart attack.
Medicare is no more an entitlement than Social Security is. We pay into it, then we collect. That's like saying the groceries in my pantry are an entitlement...

Social Security taxes are not supposed to be "saved" or "invested" on your behalf for the future. But regardless, Social Security is solvent until something like 2037, and will remain solvent long into the future as long as Congress gets off it's arse and properly funds these successful programs.
09 XBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #21 (permalink)
IronButt

XBones, your "logic" and others' "logic" is why I don't post on here much. So you're saying that if someone pays in maybe $100 grand to Medicare over their career, if it's even that much, and then receives upwards of $500 grand or more in benefits after 65 (Pacemaker 20grand, hip replacement $20 grand, bypass surgery $30 grand or more, end of life ICU stay(s) $5 grand a day, I could go on) that it's not an entitlement?

And what part of the actual math about tax hikes on the "rich" don't you get? I realize how you FEEL about all this. But your FEELINGS are really quite irrelevant to me. Unfortunately, our whole political system caters to FEELINGS. Hence the mess we're in.
Clearview windshield
CP flat tops
TMan 590 cams
SE AC
HPI 54mm TB
TTS tune by BVBob

2003 Indian Scout Deluxe
S&S "SuperStock" 88"
12" apes
Scary fast!

Last edited by guydoc77; 12-11-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
IronButt

I would add also, you propose "proper" funding, by Congress, of Social Security. Given the FACT that we have had deficits in excess of $1 Trillion for the last four years, where do you propose that Congress gets the "proper" funding you speak of? Oh that's right, from the drop in the bucket that will temporarily be raised by taxing those rich bastards.
Clearview windshield
CP flat tops
TMan 590 cams
SE AC
HPI 54mm TB
TTS tune by BVBob

2003 Indian Scout Deluxe
S&S "SuperStock" 88"
12" apes
Scary fast!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this? DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 XBones View Post
You point out exactly why taxes on the wealthy, and corporations need to be raised back to where they were pre-Clinton era...
Exactly! It's not spending that's the problem it's the revenue! Genius.

Don't forget to post the receipt when you get done sending in your fair share bones. (We'll let you know what that is)

It is amazing how many of you just buy into such crap without giving it any thought.

America's money is not tied up in future income, it's tied up in current wealth. The only way to balance the rich and poor is not take wealth that hasn't been made, it's to take what already exists. Bones has two cars, DJW has none. Bones gives DJW one of his and all is equal.

It's called sharing the wealth, or as Deng Xiaoping said, sharing the poverty. But you don't see any of your rich heroes: Springsteen, Buffet, Gates, Immelt and all rest talking about that do you?

You want to redistibute...great let's get on with it, but taxing money that hasn't been created yet? That's fool's gold.

Last edited by DJW; 12-11-2012 at 06:52 PM.
DJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
IronButt

boston62 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post
Here's the "straight facts." You ain't paid "into" anything. Your "contributions" have gone into a general treasury fund to buy F-16s for Egyptian tyrants, highway tunnels for spotted turtles, and obamaphones for welfare queens. Your "contribution" has been spent 16 trillion times over.

In 2011 the US spent 549 Billion on Medicare, it's total income was 530 Billion. That's 20 Billion in hole to start with. By 2014 (11 years from now -at the latest -) the system will be bankrupt...and nobody will get a dime. It won't matter if you're big or tall, fat or think, rich or poor, the money will be all gone.

The US currently spends about 3.6 Trillion a year, our gross receipts are about 2.6 Trillion. That includes your contribution.

Do the math. How much do you think is left over for your 40-years of "paying into?"
That's like saying if you put $10k in the bank its still there, its used for other things, like loans on homes, student loans. What ever they do with my contribution after its paid, investments what ever, its still my contribution and it is recorded, just like SS. Listen no one is touching any if those programs, its suicide for them.
boston62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Premium Member

claytp1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 XBones View Post
Medicare is no more an entitlement than Social Security is. We pay into it, then we collect. That's like saying the groceries in my pantry are an entitlement...

Social Security taxes are not supposed to be "saved" or "invested" on your behalf for the future.

Yes without a doubt that money should either earn 0% while increasing the benefits through COLA or better yet spent so there's not enough there to cover the benefit, pure genious 'bones. Say take a look at what the same gov't did to your hero Hoffa for touching the pension fund.

But regardless, Social Security is solvent until something like 2037, and will remain solvent long into the future as long as Congress gets off it's arse and properly funds these successful programs.
Yeah just throw more money at the problem, that'll fix it! They're successful yet need even more money? Amazing.
claytp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #26 (permalink)
Premium Member

claytp1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston62 View Post
That's like saying if you put $10k in the bank its still there, its used for other things, like loans on homes, student loans. What ever they do with my contribution after its paid, investments what ever, its still my contribution and it is recorded, just like SS. Listen no one is touching any if those programs, its suicide for them.
And if they don't it'll be suicide for us. You can pretend all you want, it's the reality of the situation and Obama has the country thinking it's all about just raising the taxes on the rich. Everyone says to just take the taxes back to where they were under the Clintons, but King Idiot never says anything about taking those taxes back to where they were for everyone and yet very few support that idea do they?
claytp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:52 AM   #27 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this? DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston62 View Post
No Boston, it's like putting 10K in the bank, having them burn it in a big incinerator out back, going out of business and then you showing up 10 years later wanting to know where you're "contribution" is.

Suicide is doing the same stupid thing over and over, which is what spending more than you make is: national suicide.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #28 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
So DJ, you won't mind NOT signing up for SS & Medicare, because it paid for planes and boats, and you got your monies worth!
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by compressor#v View Post
So DJ, you won't mind NOT signing up for SS & Medicare, because it paid for planes and boats, and you got your monies worth!
I absolutely mind it. Because playin' bait and switch is illegal for any business, government shouldn't be held to a lower standard.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #30 (permalink)
IronButt

boston62 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudda View Post
Where do you think money for Obamacare is coming from?? They are taking it from Medicare.
How about cutting the waste that hospitals & doctors are doing, I fired my Gastrologis because he cost Medicare double for not doing a routine procedure right, and another Dr had to do it over, only$2000, but **** he still took the money. The cuts are coming from payments to Dr. not Medicare participant s.
boston62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement