You are under virtual surveillance - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this? DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Fortunately we can't afford to hire any one to actually look at the data. Hell, we can't even track the 11 million people here illegally let alone the Islamic terrorists who hijack airplanes and fly them into skyscrapers.
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
IronButt

Nitram_b4 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrcr137 View Post
Stepping around and tromping on are a bit different
How so, over time the result is the same
Nitram_b4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
IronButt

Tequila SG wants to know Dino or Syn?
I read someplace that the government is building a super server/hard drive what ever you call it as part of the library of congress to store every text and email that is transmitted, according to the article, with the excuse of saving the data for historical purposes,.......yeah, I can't remember where I read it, if someone can verified or debunk it I would appreciated, it was an interesting article.

Tequila SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
This? http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/te...tter.html?_r=0
Uncle Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
IronButt

Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post
Fortunately we can't afford to hire any one to actually look at the data. Hell, we can't even track the 11 million people here illegally let alone the Islamic terrorists who hijack airplanes and fly them into skyscrapers.
It's a matter of resource allocation. Move the USDA folks that track steak data to people data.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Old 12-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

09 XBones wants to know Dino or Syn?
Someone's been watching "Enemy of the State."
09 XBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
IronButt

Tequila SG wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Salty View Post
Thanks for the link Salty, I read it someplace else I remember it included the astronomical cost of the project, and other technical details but its basically referring to the same project.
Is my understanding that google, aol bellsouth and others save every email that goes thru the server, the used to keep it for a few days in past years, but with advance electronics they now have no limit on how long they can store this stuff, and one simple court order has access to al of your personal stuff.
I few years ago I friend that worked for the state dept told me that in a not to distant future if you had something to tell and wanted only one other person to know, to say it face to face, not to used electronic communications, I thought at the time he was exaggerating, I guess is a reality now.

Tequila SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 XBones View Post
Good movie. Smith, Hackman and Voight. How can you go wrong?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
IronButt

ljar302 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrcr137 View Post
Stepping around and tromping on are a bit different
Nope, same thing.
ljar302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequila SG View Post
I read someplace that the government is building a super server/hard drive what ever you call it as part of the library of congress to store every text and email that is transmitted, according to the article, with the excuse of saving the data for historical purposes,.......yeah, I can't remember where I read it, if someone can verified or debunk it I would appreciated, it was an interesting article.
I know the government use to use a program called Carnivore to sniff the Internet. Now they use NarusInsight. Here is what it does according to Wikipedia.

Some features of NarusInsight include:[10]
Scalability to support surveillance of large, complex IP networks (such as the Internet)
High-speed Packet processing performance, which enables it to sift through the vast quantities of information that travel over the Internet.
Normalization, Correlation, Aggregation and Analysis provide a model of user, element, protocol, application and network behaviors, in real-time. That is it can track individual users, monitor which applications they are using (e.g. web browsers, instant messaging applications, email) and what they are doing with those applications (e.g. which web sites they have visited, what they have written in their emails/IM conversations), and see how users' activities are connected to each other (e.g. compiling lists of people who visit a certain type of web site or use certain words or phrases in their emails).
High reliability from data collection to data processing and analysis.
NarusInsight's functionality can be configured to feed a particular activity or IP service such as security, lawful intercept or even Skype detection and blocking.
Compliance with CALEA and ETSI.
Certified by Telecommunication Engineering Center (TEC) in India for lawful intercept and monitoring systems for ISPs.

The intercepted data flows into NarusInsight Intercept Suite. This data is stored and analyzed for surveillance and forensic analysis purposes.

Other capabilities include playback of streaming media (i.e. VoIP), rendering of web pages, examination of e-mail and the ability to analyze the payload/attachments of e-mail or file transfer protocols. Narus partner products, such as Pen-Link, offer the ability to quickly analyze information collected by the Directed Analysis or Lawful Intercept modules.

A single NarusInsight machine can monitor traffic equal to the maximum capacity (10 Gbit/s) of around 39,000 256k DSL lines or 195,000 56k telephone modems. But, in practical terms, since individual internet connections are not continually filled to capacity, the 10 Gbit/s capacity of one NarusInsight installation enables it to monitor the combined traffic of several million broadband users.

According to a year 2007 company press release, the latest version of NarusInsight Intercept Suite (NIS) is "the industry's only network traffic intelligence system that supports real-time precision targeting, capturing and reconstruction of webmail traffic... including Google Gmail, MSN Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail".[11] However, currently most webmail traffic can be HTTPS encrypted, so the content of messages can only be monitored with the consent of service providers.

It can also perform semantic analysis of the same traffic as it is happening, in other words analyze the content, meaning, structure and significance of traffic in real time. The exact use of this data is not fully documented, as the public is not authorized to see what types of activities and ideas are being monitored.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NarusInsight
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:01 AM   #26 (permalink)
IronButt

rscalzo wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Remember also they FORCED us to digital broadcasted television
Right, that's why they did it. not to increase the available spectrum for the hundreds of channels or the increase from a resolution of 300 lpi to 1080I and above. Bet you think the switch to color TV was a commy plot.
rscalzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:43 AM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

webco2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
If you can still find a copy of " PPG " , run it. It was taken down 'cause of no source code being given to the powers that be.

webco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #28 (permalink)
IronButt

thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #29 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 XBones View Post
Here is some conspiracy theory for you from Wired Magazine.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...atacenter/all/

Quote:
Under construction by contractors with top-secret clearances, the blandly named Utah Data Center is being built for the National Security Agency. A project of immense secrecy, it is the final piece in a complex puzzle assembled over the past decade. Its purpose: to intercept, decipher, analyze, and store vast swaths of the world’s communications as they zap down from satellites and zip through the underground and undersea cables of international, foreign, and domestic networks. The heavily fortified $2 billion center should be up and running in September 2013. Flowing through its servers and routers and stored in near-bottomless databases will be all forms of communication, including the complete contents of private emails, cell phone calls, and Google searches, as well as all sorts of personal data trails—parking receipts, travel itineraries, bookstore purchases, and other digital “pocket litter.” It is, in some measure, the realization of the “total information awareness” program created during the first term of the Bush administration—an effort that was killed by Congress in 2003 after it caused an outcry over its potential for invading Americans’ privacy.
Sounds like a perfect blend of government intrusion into our privacy funded by our tax $$. Where would you draw the line Bones?
Old 12-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #30 (permalink)
IronButt

Markk9 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by webco2 View Post
If you can still find a copy of " PPG " , run it. It was taken down 'cause of no source code being given to the powers that be.

It's PGP...........................Pretty Good Privacy. It has been rumored that the NSA can brute force to code. But takes time and a super computer, so the NSA just doesn't read every message that is encoded.

Retired Eagle Driver.............Long Live the Eagle.

Helmet laws interfere with natural selection.
Markk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement