Helmet Laws in Obamacare? - Page 5 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #61 (permalink)
Banned

09 XBones wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
Wow, never read that is any of the Founding Fathers writings.

W
Contrary to the simple minded, laws and regulations can be constitutional despite not being in the constitution, and what the founding fathers wrote or didn't write that is not in the constitution is irrelevant.
09 XBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #62 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 XBones View Post
Contrary to the simple minded, laws and regulations can be constitutional despite not being in the constitution, and what the founding fathers wrote or didn't write that is not in the constitution is irrelevant.
Glad your not a lawyer.

W
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #63 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDSickness View Post
Due to a mental disorder called liberalism.
When mental disorder meets with social disorder, nothing gets solved (just look at our government).

As I have said before, the problem with our government is that they EXACTLY REPRESENT the majority of people in this country. I.e. if I were trying to negotiate with you or come to some agreement about something, and the best argument you could come up with was to call me names, I'm pretty sure we would not tend to move closer to any agreement.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #64 (permalink)
FNG :)

ddblb1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Somehow this will be Bush's fault if the helmet law would go into affect!
V&H Monster Rounds
V&H VO2 Air Intake
Power Commander V
Dyno Tuned
Temperance Mi.
ddblb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #65 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
You were doing ok there until after the second comma.
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." -Louis D Brandeis
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #66 (permalink)
IronButt

Shaw_2112 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
and what the founding fathers wrote or didn't write that is not in the constitution is irrelevant.
oh it is very relevant, the Constitution was designed to limit the power of the Federal Gov't not give it unlimited license...
Old 12-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #67 (permalink)
IronButt

baggerman11 wants to know Dino or Syn?
after age 55, you can only have sex on the even number fridays and saturdays of the week (obamacare, page 2363, paragraph 11, line 23). it explains that having sex on dates other than those can cause extra stress and may lead to heart failure and that peoples sex drive needs to be governed.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #68 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

jungleman wants to know Dino or Syn?
We are already being told what to eat and drink and that we can not smoke, the government tells the states what to do or they withhold funds. The government tells us that we have to wear seat belts.
Why would you think they would tell you to wear a helmet, or operate a bike under a certain cc limit, or not to have guns?????????
Could be a big list.
Somewhere they forget the part of the Constitution that says: Unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
My Happiness is to eat, drink whatever I want. To have and bear weapons, not pay all my income for the support of the rest of the world.

Last edited by jungleman; 01-02-2013 at 07:29 PM.
jungleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #69 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
We are already being told what to eat and drink and that we can not smoke, the government tells the states what to do or they withhold funds. The government tells us that we have to wear seat belts.
Why would you think they would tell you to wear a helmet, or operate a bike under a certain cc limit, or not to have guns?????????
Could be a big list.
Somewhere they forget the part of the Constitution that says: Unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
My Happiness is to eat, drink whatever I want. To have and bear weapons, not pay all my income for the support of the rest of the world.
The pursuit of happiness is not the same as finding it.

If somebody is telling us what to eat and not, then why are McDonalds and KFC still in business and why is 70% of the nation's population obese and overwhelming our health care system?

You seem to relate "the government" only with federal government. You do know that it is the states' decisions to require (or not) seat belts, helmets, and no smoking in public places right?

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #70 (permalink)
Banned

09 XBones wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Could be a big list.
None of your rights are 100% absolute they all have limitations.
09 XBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:24 AM   #71 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

My understanding is that yes you will be punished for unhealthy lifestyles alloying for insurers to charge higher premiums.
What constitutes unhealthy lifestyles will be determined by legislators. Do your own research.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:45 AM   #72 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

Quote:
Could be a big list.
Quote:
My understanding is that yes you will be punished for unhealthy lifestyles alloying for insurers to charge higher premiums.
What constitutes unhealthy lifestyles will be determined by legislators. Do your own research.
So, you want to chastise "the government" because "they" forgot the part of the Constitution that says "unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"...

and yet you don't seem to know which government makes what decisions, and you've quoted a line from the Declaration of Independence and identified it as part of the Constitution.

I agree, somebody should be doing some research.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #73 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Government control whether federal, state or local is still Government control to me. Control is control. I am not overweight so I will eat what I want. Some of us are not sheeple.

Last edited by jungleman; 01-10-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement