Helmet Laws in Obamacare? - Page 3 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #31 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this? James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Wrong thread...lol

Last edited by James; 12-10-2012 at 07:57 AM.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #32 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw_2112 View Post
I don't understand why people think that giving the Gov't more power is a good thing...
Because they don't understand that evil begets evil. There are countless times when seemingly good things set the stage for what ends up being very bad things. Problem is people don't look beyond their own wishes.

I personally think "The Monkey's Paw" should be required reading.
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #33 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
If all the politicians, Dems and Pubs, had convinced their pals in the insurance industry to limit medical inflation = make it half assed affordable, and cover pre-existing conditions, national healthcare would likely never have come up.
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #34 (permalink)
Cajun Peauxseur

BigD is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
WRONG. (and very unoriginal, BTW).

First, I'm not defending anything. Second, how could one inject "intelligent conversation" into a thread about a particular aspect of Obamacare when no one here has any relevant facts WRT the Obamacare documents? Anyone except YOU, that is. So please, BigD, enlighten us with your "intelligent conversation" on the thread topic from having read the Obamacare documents. Man, this should be good!! I can't wait!
Wow, Thrasher... you don't even see the irony in you're reply, do you?
2014 FLHTCUI "Black Betty" My black mistress!

"Baggers - they're not just for Paw-paws anymore"

My new year resolution: RIDE MORE!!!
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #35 (permalink)
IronButt

boston62 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Here in Florida we are required to purchase accident insurance, which cost us about $400 a year, this covers you up to $10,000 with medical coverage, no one complains about this, but mention paying for Obamacare insurance everyone goes crazy. Strange isn't.
boston62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
IronButt

boston62 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by compressor#v View Post
If all the politicians, Dems and Pubs, had convinced their pals in the insurance industry to limit medical inflation = make it half assed affordable, and cover pre-existing conditions, national healthcare would likely never have come up.
I think there will be a Nationial healthcare soon, its the only way to stop insurance companies from raising rates, same when you here companies saying they won't hire more full time employees to get under the Obamacare, or wont hire more than 50, well guess what that will change also. Its called closing loop holes.
boston62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #37 (permalink)
IronButt

smitty901 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Going to be the least of your worriers . This Obama care is not about health care never was . It is about taking over ever area of your life Jan 1 some of the huge taxes start. Just the beginning.
You'll be selling the bike to p[ay for that free healthcare
Old 12-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #38 (permalink)
IronButt

Shaw_2112 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston62 View Post
Here in Florida we are required to purchase accident insurance, which cost us about $400 a year, this covers you up to $10,000 with medical coverage, no one complains about this, but mention paying for Obamacare insurance everyone goes crazy. Strange isn't.
the difference is liability, you are insuring against you causing an accident....
Old 12-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #39 (permalink)
IronButt

Shaw_2112 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston62 View Post
I think there will be a Nationial healthcare soon, its the only way to stop insurance companies from raising rates, same when you here companies saying they won't hire more full time employees to get under the Obamacare, or wont hire more than 50, well guess what that will change also. Its called closing loop holes.
give the man a prize, he gets it. The ACA just handed the reins to the very people who have caused inflated health care costs. The Obama admin knew this, the purpose is to burden the taxpayers so much that they will welcome any relief, look for the single payer option to be trotted out again at that point...

Last edited by Shaw_2112; 12-11-2012 at 06:11 AM.
Shaw_2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #40 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston62 I think there will be a Nationial healthcare soon, its the only way to stop insurance companies from raising rates, same when you here companies saying they won't hire more full time employees to get under the Obamacare, or wont hire more than 50, well guess what that will change also. Its called closing loop holes.
Quote:
give the man a prize, he gets it.
That's all Obamacare is, a method to get to national health care. I wonder where the rich folks from other countries will go when America has socialized health care?
Uncle Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #41 (permalink)
IronButt

thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Wow, Thrasher... you don't even see the irony in you're reply, do you?
Well, BigD, I see that my post just went right over the top of your head.

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

09 XBones wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post
I suspect very few if any on this forum have read the actual bill in it's entirety and of those if any who have, none of them understood it. It requires a great deal of time and a background reading legal documents to be able to comprehend the language in Obama Care.
That goes for all legislation and, couldn't anyone just download the law in PDF and search motorcycle or helmet?
No wait, that would end the speculation...
09 XBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post
Well, no.

The Seat Belt law, like Medicaid, may be State Legislation as far as implementation, but it's pushed down on to the States by the Feds as blackmail. Just like the State health insurance exchanges will be. The States have to cooperate or lose their share of Federal tax receipts.
Seems like all the states are on board I wonder why that is?

(Except I remember one state refused federal funding for highways and wouldn't implement the 55 MPH laws and turned out just fine)

Quote:
In the case of Medicaid, the unfunded Federal mandate it's bankrupting your State bonesy.
No, because the states could refuse to provied the medicaid AND the federal funding and regulations that go with it.

Quote:

The Feds first require the Medicaid coverage, then mandate who and what has to be covered. They pay approximately 55% of the total bill...if the State agrees to all of the Feds' standards for coverage.

It works just like the Seat Belt law.

But you knew that bonesy, you just wanted to use the word "danny boy" in a sentence.
Because I love the song...

Actually NY passed the first seat belt law, and Suffolk County Long Island passed the first Cellphone law, and Text message law. But some other states have "distracted driving" laws that NY does not which would cover poor driving habits dut to use of anything inappropriate.

So in NY no cellphone use, but you may shove a Big Mac down your throat while reading the NY Times on the Long Island Expressway...

But you knew that Danny Boy.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #44 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 XBones View Post
Seems like all the states are on board I wonder why that is?

(Except I remember one state refused federal funding for highways and wouldn't implement the 55 MPH laws and turned out just fine) Which state was that?

No, because the states could refuse to provied the medicaid AND the federal funding and regulations that go with it.

Because I love the song...

Actually NY passed the first seat belt law, and Suffolk County Long Island passed the first Cellphone law, and Text message law. But some other states have "distracted driving" laws that NY does not which would cover poor driving habits dut to use of anything inappropriate.

So in NY no cellphone use, but you may shove a Big Mac down your throat while reading the NY Times on the Long Island Expressway...

But you knew that Danny Boy.
I wish I was an expert on EVERYTHING like you are bonsey.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I don't doubt for a minute that legislators, whether they be Federal or State, will try to use the ACA as vehicle for limiting "risky" behavior in the name of the common good. Whether it be helmet laws or the soda tax... I don't understand why people think that giving the Gov't more power is a good thing...
The government was not given more power. It already had the power to "provide for the general welfare" of American citizens. As it was, the state of our current medical insurance / HMO system was in shambles and needed an overhaul.

Let's face it - when your insurer could accept your premiums for 20 years and then drop you when you got cancer was NOT what anyone in their right mind conceptualized medical insurance to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement