Obama's Vacation, a $4 million bill to tax payers : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

Tequila SG wants to know Dino or Syn?
Obama's Vacation, a $4 million bill to tax payers

The residents of the community Oahu where Prince Barry is planning to vacation at, have been told to get ready to change their lives for 20 days, due to the restriction that will be imposed on them during his stay, they won't be able to enjoy the holidays as normal because he is in town, beaches and roads will be of limits to the residents while he is there.

So while we all worry about the economy and make financial preparations for new the new taxes we are about to get hit with, his highness Prince Barry prepares to go enjoy himself at tax payers expenses at a lush home in Oahu.
The private ocean side residence he rented, will be paid with his money, however the cost of his staff, security detail and Air Force One operation will cost tax payers 4 millions, 2.5 mill more than his previous vacation, SERIOUSLY!!!!! are we in a economic boom or a fricking recession and on the verge of the worst economic disaster in US history, and yet this clown can't wait the get out of town, just like what he did the day after the embassy attack, is this what a leader does in times of disaster?
Here is the rest of the story.....

TRAVEL: $3,629,622

The biggest expense is President Barack Obama’s round trip flight to Hawaii via Air Force One.

A Congressional Research Service report released in May 2012 said the plane typically used by the President, a Boeing 747, costs $179,750 per hour to operate. The U.S. Air Force has listed the cost of travel as high as $181,757 per flight hour.

Travel time for Air Force One direct from Washington D.C. to Hawaii is about 9 hours or as high as $1,635,813 each way for a total of $3,271,622 for the round trip to Hawaii and back.

The cost for USAF C-17 cargo aircraft that transports the Presidential limos, helicopters and other support equipment to Hawaii has never been disclosed in the years the President has traveled to Hawaii. However, the flight time between Andrews Air Force Base and Hawaii is at about 21.5 hours roundtrip, with estimated operating cost of $12,000 per hour. (Source: GAO report, updated by C-17 crew member). The United States Marine Corps provides a presidential helicopter, along with pilots and support crews for the test flights, which travel on another C-17 flight. That is $258,000, not including costs for the 4 to 6 member crew's per diem and hotel.

Moana Surfrider Resort

The rentals are fronted by the ocean and backed by a canal. So, the taxpayers must cover the costs for housing U.S. Secret Service, U.S. Coast Guard and Navy Seals in beach front and canal front homes around where the President stays.

Last year, that added up to about $200 per bedroom per day, or $21,600 per average home for a nearly three week period, with special forces renting at least 7 homes. Security arrives ahead of the President costing taxpayers about $176,400 for the length of the visit.

The President’s staff and White House Press Corps typically stay at one of Hawaii’s oldest and most elegant hotels, the Moana Surfrider. Besides its stunningly beautiful view of Waikiki, and its traditional Hawaiian architecture and decor, it is one of the most pricey hotels in the state and government rates are not available during the holiday season. Rooms start at around $270 but can cost as much as $370 a night for an ocean view before Christmas, and climb much higher around the new year.

A conservative estimate with rooms at $270 (excluding a 9.25 percent Transient Accommodation Tax and a 4.712 percent General Excise Tax on each bill, meals, internet charges and other charges) means the taxpayers are covering more than $129,600 in hotel bills for some two dozen staff.

LOCAL TAXPAYER COSTS: $260,000

Local police are paid over time for the President’s visit, which has historically cost Oahu taxpayers $250,000.

The city ambulance the accompanies the President 24 hours a day through his entire visit is about $10,000 to city taxpayers.

UNKNOWN COSTS

There are several costs the White House annually refuses to release, citing security.

For example, the President’s security usually rents an entire floor of an office building in Kailua on the canal during the president’s stay.
There are security upgrades and additional phone lines to several private homes where Obama and friends are staying. That includes bullet proof glass installed, home security systems disabled, new security measures put into place and additional phone lines added.
There is the cost for car rentals and fuel for White House staff staying at a Waikiki Hotel.
And there are additional travel costs Secret Service and White House staff traveling ahead of the President.

The total cost (based on what is known) for a 20-day round trip vacation to Hawaii for the President and his family and staff and security is more than $4 millions

http://www.hawaiireporter.com/reside...iday-plans/123

Last edited by Tequila SG; 12-03-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Tequila SG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I know of a nice gator farm where he could vacation for cheap.
Uncle Salty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

IrishStash wants to know Dino or Syn?
Ease up on the poor guy, spreading communism to the free world is no easy task. Besides a 20 day vacation is pretty normal right? My company would have no problem with me taking a 20 day vacation.
IrishStash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
I didn't see where they factored in the hookers n cocaine for the secret service

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650
streetg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
Edit........

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650

Last edited by streetg; 12-03-2012 at 07:55 PM.
streetg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetg View Post
I didn't see where they factor in the hookers n cocaine for the secret service.
They had to hide that figure. The flight costs seem kind of high.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Ironman1120 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Seems like a good start for getting the deficit under control. Cut all these perks for all politicians, get them on a 401k, same medical (contributions) as regular folks that pay their salaries, drive there own cars that they pay for, no more than 3 weeks of vacation, I can come up with many cost cuts they can use to pitch in to right the boat. So tired of two sets of rules. One for royalty and one for those they govern. This isn't what the founding fathers had in mind.
Ironman1120 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
They had to hide that figure. The flight costs seem kind of high.
RG I thought so too, but then I remember Air Force one is not a regular 747, special engines that consume a little more is one aspect, but I think it has to do with the salaries of the people aboard operating special radar and defense systems AF1 is equipped with, also medical equipment and a Dr, and other classified stuff.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetg View Post
I didn't see where they factored in the hookers n cocaine for the secret service
That is classified, you know security reasons !!!!!!

Old 12-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequila SG View Post
RG I thought so too, but then I remember Air Force one is not a regular 747, special engines that consume a little more is one aspect, but I think it has to do with the salaries of the people aboard operating special radar and defense systems AF1 is equipped with, also medical equipment and a Dr, and other classified stuff.
I figured he'd have AF1 running on solar cells by now.
Uncle Salty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Drifter of threads

TKanaley wants to know Dino or Syn?
That's great. I paid over $50,000 in just federal withholding tax alone last year. Which means to pay tax at my current rate, I would only have to work 80 more years to pay for this taxpayer funded golf escursion along with the added expense of the irishmans entourage. The country is underwater fiscally and they have the nerve to demand more tax dollars to fund wastefull shite like this? And they wonder why people who actually contribute tax dollars, might be a little bit pissed and unwilling to give them just a little bit more? Fu(king hypocrite Aholes!
TKanaley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
The infant CIC is laughing expecially at the fools who voted for him.

Thanks dems your chickens are coming home soon.
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Milemarker 0

YorkHogRider wants to know Dino or Syn?
How'd you like to be one of the people who had their dream vacation to Hawaii planned for the same time?
Old 12-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
No other Presidents went on a vacation? At the expense of the serfs LOL.
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by compressor#v View Post
No other Presidents went on a vacation? At the expense of the serfs LOL.
Didn't this one promise CHANGE and TRANSPARENCY? So far all I've seen is "I'll do what the others did but do it more often, more expensively and less transparently."
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.