Breaking up with Norquist - Page 3 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #31 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
It's time to leave there anyway.
Military experts don't think so. I don't think it would be wise to give Al Qaeda access to Afghanistan's natural resources and give them back their training ground.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #32 (permalink)
IronButt

boston62 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Then how do you get supplies into Afghanistan?
Were leaving there in 2014
boston62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #33 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Military experts don't think so. I don't think it would be wise to give Al Qaeda access to Afghanistan's natural resources and give them back their training ground.
It doesn't belong to us to begin with...Its time to get out...
Old 11-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #34 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this? DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
.... Dems are willing to go with medicaid and medicare on the table but not SS.

The "crickets" comment, the usual misleading bull$hit propaganda from Danny Boy.
Okay, you're from Missouri, SHOW ME, where the Dems are offering to cut medicare and medicaid.

As for whether I'm pushing the "propaganda" about the pubs offering up tax increases? - Take it up with HiAngle, it's his thread.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #35 (permalink)
IronButt

Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post
Okay, you're from Missouri, SHOW ME, where the Dems are offering to cut medicare and medicaid.

As for whether I'm pushing the "propaganda" about the pubs offering up tax increases? - Take it up with HiAngle, it's his thread.
If you don't know my last post had nothing to do with your accurate contention that the pubs are offering up tax increases, you are more impaired than I thought, but more likely as usual you think your cleverness will prevent others from realizing you are twisting my challenge to your contention that the dems are not discussing moving off their ideological mark.

BTW, that's all that's happening on both sides, discussion of moving. No one has "offered up" anything, propaganda meister. More items are being moved to the table for discussion, dems have not offered "cuts" and neither have republicans, they are both saying they are open to discussion. They are positioning for "trading."

Here's today's musings from Dick Durbin on the matter. Google and find more in recent days. You do know how to do that, don't you?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8MR0C820121127

You know Danny, your opinions don't piss me off, it's when you bend your opinions to be presented as fact. That's propagana.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #36 (permalink)
IronButt

Mhictire wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston62 View Post
It doesn't belong to us to begin with...Its time to get out...
Exactly. Our "national interest" more often than not seems to be about securing for ourselves the control of another country's natural resources.

Saddam was about to pull Iraqi oil trading off of the US dollar and switch to the Euro between 2000-1.

The deal for the oil pipeline across Afghanistan fell apart at the end of the 20th century due to Unocal not being able to finance the deal because of the instability of the regime in control at the time.

If 9/11 was really the justification for the invasion of any country to hold the perpetrators responsible, we would have leveled Saudi Arabia on September 12th.

Our government, in our name, has a history of only involving itself in the name of democracy where there are resources for us to control. Namely oil.

We may chose to be blind to the underlying motivations, but don't think the rest of the world is as well.

The control of natural resources is the only leverage left and the titans of industry love to create vacuums that we can fill to extend that leverage for a profit, using our military industrial complex as the fulcrum. Our "military experts" are all to happy to oblige, as if it weren't for our ongoing military expansion around the globe, they'd have no justification for their existence.

We surely don't need such a large military if our only goal is to protect ourselves.

If we really cared about spreading democracy, toppling murderous psychotic dictators, and freeing the oppressed, we would have invaded and united the whole of Africa by now.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #37 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this? DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:

You know Danny, your opinions don't piss me off, it's when you bend your opinions to be presented as fact. That's propagana.
Is that all you got Left-one?

From your own link:

Quote:
The Illinois senator said, however, that the debate over Medicare and Medicaid should not be part of the more immediate negotiations on averting the "fiscal cliff" of steep tax hikes and spending cuts.
In other words: EXACTLY what I said: raise taxes now, and "trust us" we'll cut spending tomorrow.

It's not my "propaganda" that upsets you Left-one, it's that I called exactly as it is. There are NO DEMS that are offering any cuts to entitlements. NOT ONE. As always, it's the Pubs who have to go along to get along.

I hope they do...as I said before. Give the dems everything they want...just make sure you pin their little name tags to it first.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #38 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Fred1369 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston62 View Post
Were leaving there in 2014
Most of the combat forces. Special ops forces will stay to combat terrorism.

The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy. -Charles de Montesquieu
Fred1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #39 (permalink)
Premium Member

claytp1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:

Here's today's musings from Dick Durbin on the matter. Google and find more in recent days. You do know how to do that, don't you?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8MR0C820121127
You mean to tell me Durbin is getting in line with Ryan to roll Grandma off the cliff?!
claytp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #40 (permalink)
Premium Member

claytp1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post
Is that all you got Left-one?

From your own link:

In other words: EXACTLY what I said: raise taxes now, and "trust us" we'll cut spending tomorrow.

It's not my "propaganda" that upsets you Left-one, it's that I called exactly as it is. There are NO DEMS that are offering any cuts to entitlements. NOT ONE. As always, it's the Pubs who have to go along to get along.

I hope they do...as I said before. Give the dems everything they want...just make sure you pin their little name tags to it first.
Lefty, I have to agree with Dan on this one. While Durbin may have been taking some amount of a step towards spending cuts, the fact is that Obama had already touched Medicare in order to rob Peter to pay Paul to get the uACA (un-Afffordable Care Act) passed. In other words that ox has already been gored.

The Reps telling Norquist isn't actually all that of a bold step in my opinion, but it will definitely affect their re-election efforts. Show me where either party is willing to:

1. Cut defense spending.
2. Touch Social Security.
3. Cut unemployment benefits.
4. Actually enact legislation that would reduce medical costs.
5. Stop sending foreign aid that is financed by the Chinese or others.

Both parties have to face up to tough decisions. I will say that Obama's rhetoric lately is of one more interested in preserving his party's position. He has no reason to do this since he was re-elected. So why is he only been pushing for the tax hikes?
claytp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #41 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1369 View Post
Al Qaeda is gone. We only need a few guys there to watch for spontaneous videos, just ask oloser and Susan Rice.
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #42 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
"1. Cut defense spending.
5. Stop sending foreign aid that is financed by the Chinese or others."

Numbers 1, 4, 5 will get a lot accomlished. #1 needs some oversight so we're not paying $1000.00 for a toilet seat.
#4 Limit medical inflation to the gross national product, or no more than 5% annually. #5 Amen.
And stop incentives for corporations to move overseas, and #'s 2 & 3 will take care of themselves.

Finally, again, SS and Medicare are not "entitlements", they are investments, paid into by workers.
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #43 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by compressor#v View Post
"1. Cut defense spending.
5. Stop sending foreign aid that is financed by the Chinese or others."

Numbers 1, 4, 5 will get a lot accomlished. #1 needs some oversight so we're not paying $1000.00 for a toilet seat.
#4 Limit medical inflation to the gross national product, or no more than 5% annually. #5 Amen.
And stop incentives for corporations to move overseas, and #'s 2 & 3 will take care of themselves.

Finally, again, SS and Medicare are not "entitlements", they are investments, paid into by workers.
Consumer payments that flow to Social Security and Medicare fall well short of paying for the programs' benefits, and the gap is getting wider each year. SS and Medicare may be "investments" but how does a program remain solvent if it pays more than it receives? The money has to come from somewhere and that somewhere is the citizens. The programs need to be reformed in some manner. More money must be paid into the programs, the benefits must be reduced or a combination of the two. Otherwise we are pushing the debt to someone else.
Uncle Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #44 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Salty View Post
Consumer payments that flow to Social Security and Medicare fall well short of paying for the programs' benefits, and the gap is getting wider each year. SS and Medicare may be "investments" but how does a program remain solvent if it pays more than it receives? The money has to come from somewhere and that somewhere is the citizens. The programs need to be reformed in some manner. More money must be paid into the programs, the benefits must be reduced or a combination of the two. Otherwise we are pushing the debt to someone else.
Poor ass management did that....
Old 11-28-2012, 10:33 AM   #45 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1369 View Post
Combat terrorism? What against us? In another Country, that only allows us there because of the aid in dollars we provide.

No its time to leave period.... let's start taking care of the good old U.S.A.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement