Is this a fracking joke? - Page 4 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

webco2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by <G Man> View Post
No debates on "is" please.

There do seem to be other potential "challenges" (since there are no problems) regarding safe disposal of the used waste chem/water, minor earthquakes and air quality (that's not to mention the social issues in areas that are now being flooded with people moving in for jobs and taxing the available housing, utilities, schools, etc.).

Can all of these things be dealt with? Of course they can.

Will they all be dealt with? Maybe.

Should the idea of fracking be abandoned because of the potential problems? I don't think so.

But to say this process has happened for 40 years "without any problems" might qualify you for a Senate seat.
Ok Kind Sir, I NOW see where you are headed.

You want the fuel that comes from oil, but not the oil wells.
You want the gas that keeps you warm all winter, but not the people that drill, service and maintain the infrastructure that brings you that gas.
You want the monies we spend in your town, but you don't want us in your town.

I've dealt with " YOU " all my life. There is a reason oil field people act like we do. We work hard, we play hard, we spend monies like there is no tomorrow. And " you" don't like it.
When you talk to "JC and the gang" at night, you might want to say a little thanks for the people like me that are willing to work and bring you what you want and need to enjoy your little lives.

You won't do the work, but we will . You won't live on location 30 days at a time, but we will. You won't work 36 hrs without rest or a sitdown meal, but we will. You won't go a week without a break, but we will. In short, all that it takes to bring you your little life you owe to us, the oil field workers. Without us, you would still be behind the horses ass or maybe you still are.

webco2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #47 (permalink)
Momma's boy

Mag-it wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by webco2 View Post

You want the gas that keeps you warm all winter, but not the people that drill, service and maintain the infrastructure that brings you that gas.

I've dealt with " YOU " all my life. There is a reason oil field people act like we do. We work hard, we play hard, we spend monies like there is no tomorrow. And " you" don't like it.
When you talk to "JC and the gang" at night, you might want to say a little thanks for the people like me that are willing to work and bring you what you want and need to enjoy your little lives.

You won't do the work, but we will . You won't live on location 30 days at a time, but we will. You won't work 36 hrs without rest or a sitdown meal, but we will. You won't go a week without a break, but we will. In short, all that it takes to bring you your little life you owe to us, the oil field workers. Without us, you would still be behind the horses ass or maybe you still are.

Well, That about sums it up.

BTW, I broke out roughnecking in Sonora in 1975.
Mag-it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #48 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

berserker is still riding a stock bike berserker is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw_2112 View Post
40 years on a geological timescale isn't even a blink of an eye...
So do you want to wait, one or two million years?
Helmets are like rubbers you know you should wear one, but its so much better when you don't.-Me
Sometimes I think its a sin, when I feel like I am winning when I am losing again.-GL
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
berserker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #49 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker View Post
So do you want to wait, one or two million years?
Wait....let me check my google-calendar.

Ok...I'm good.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by webco2 View Post

I don't give a crap how sausage is made, I love it! Same with oil. If they found it in my backyard I'd sell in a heartbeat. Drill baby, drill.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #51 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
"Halliburton is sure to take the hit everytime"

Doesn't matter if it's Halliburton or halitosis, the point is, there has to be some regulation. Then it can be a win/win.
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #52 (permalink)
Live Free or Die

HiAngle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
So I've learned from this thread that I still don't really understand the fracking process-- but I don't get paid to understand it so I'm not too worried.

What I also learned is that people will debate whether or not it can be done safely, which means many lawsuits- IMO. In 2000 I deployed my unit to Montana to fight fires. We had an array of experienced woodland firefighters with us and many were employed by the various states and federal forest service dealing with conservation and forest management (fighting fires is an additional duty of theirs). Long story short, I learned that there are many reasons why these fires become so massive. So what to do? Both the state and federal government use controlled burns, among other things, to help reduce the likelihood of a fire starting/spreading quickly. Seems like a no brainer but they told me they are often hampered in those efforts because they are brought to court by environmental groups who are trying to stop them. So if a controlled burn gets slapped with a costly lawsuit, you can only imagine what fracking is going to face. Heck, windmills cause a ton of issues.

A few have commented on benefits but to me the main one is J-O-B-S. Any advancement in energy independence does give us global leverage, which has national security implications. But we need jobs. We need more people employed. We are more likely to be damaged by a failing economy than we are by being attacked by a belligerent nation.

The King puts the balls where the Queen wants them.
HiAngle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #53 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
..deleted ..

Last edited by <G Man>; 11-27-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: <deleted due to mouthing off>
<G Man> is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #54 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

berserker is still riding a stock bike berserker is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiAngle View Post
So I've learned from this thread that I still don't really understand _____________-- but I don't get paid to understand it so I'm not too worried.

It is to bad more people don't understand this. So many people are driven by emotion that that are steered to, by some editorial, that was against what the liberal is now against.
Helmets are like rubbers you know you should wear one, but its so much better when you don't.-Me
Sometimes I think its a sin, when I feel like I am winning when I am losing again.-GL
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
berserker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

webco2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag-it View Post
Well, That about sums it up.

BTW, I broke out roughnecking in Sonora in 1975.
I was there in 1975 too.. Pool Co.
webco2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 03:04 AM   #56 (permalink)
IronButt

sgmfisher wants to know where he is and how he got here
G Man, stuff it. You wouldn't last one hour as a worm, or a deck hand let alone one night as mid night tower at -10 degrees. In the wind.

Pops
sgmfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #57 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Hey Webco,

I said some stuff earlier that I shouldn't have said. Truth is, I must respect someone for being a hard worker who speaks what he believes.

Cheers.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 01:21 AM   #58 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Fred1369 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Never diss a hard worker.

Seek the truth. Only then will justice and mercy be yours. Do not make religion your trade nor piety a profession.
Fred1369 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 06:08 AM   #59 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiAngle View Post
A few have commented on benefits but to me the main one is J-O-B-S. .
Planet-hater.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.