Is this a fracking joke? - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

berserker is still riding a stock bike berserker is still riding a stock bike
In 2010 when I was in Yukon, they talked about building a pipe line and wanting to go down to the States. They had to change directions and go to sell it to China.

Canada was putting out alot of ads.
Helmets are like rubbers you know you should wear one, but its so much better when you don't.-Me
Sometimes I think its a sin, when I feel like I am winning when I am losing again.-GL
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1369 View Post
your utility costs will skyrocket:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7txAgXTbig
It boggles my mind how a normal person could vote for him, if they watched this. I think some of them are in such denial, when they hear this stuff, they it is to crazy to be true. I think that could be said of alot of the things he has said.

How about how is one of the top 4 or 5 presidents in history? How many Americans would believe he said that? How many Americans believe Fast and Furious? Fox lies
Helmets are like rubbers you know you should wear one, but its so much better when you don't.-Me
Sometimes I think its a sin, when I feel like I am winning when I am losing again.-GL
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
Old 11-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
IronButt

hardheaded wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rig hand View Post
i work in the field . i think we need to think less that fracing is bad , and concentrate more on bad cementing jobs . much of the sub - surface has natural voids and fishers in it . that canrun into an aquafir to create that problem naturally . if a guy bitches enough there might be a free water well in it for him . right now all the major players in the biz are spending billions to make fracing greener . in the old day's , you dont want to know the stuff they pumped down hole........
i worked in the oil buzz also,seen some allfully scarey stuff over the years.this much i do know is that the oil companies are going to take the cheapest route that makes the most profit.they don't care about your wages or you health ,all their safety rules are so they have cheap insurance,they are worried about the bottom line,i've seen this first hand.fracing has been going on in canada for awhile and that pipeline does stop in woodriver ill. at phillps 66 refinery.just like coal mining ,iron mining,drilling for oil, these all are hard on the envoriment,just look at what mining for gold does to the earth.i wish i knew what the answer was.big bizz is the most wastefull people ever, you would be shocked if you seen some of this go on,you would think gas would be $14.00 agallon.it's all about the profits
hardheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

I've been working in big industry for 13 years. OSHA violations are a result of guys not doing what they are told, cutting corners.

I am from an area that was built on copper and iron mining, which brings about logging, and to me is one of the most beautiful places. I just worked at a iron mine. Tree huggers say all kinds of crap how it will hurt tourism, ect. If you didn't know where the mining was going on, you wouldn't know it was going on.

What is left of the old mining, is a few small lakes, and some old concrete structures in the woods,that time has grown over.

I know a guy who just had a fatality, and the guy was simply cutting corners. The last guy who died in my area, was alone where he shouldn't have been. All sad, but accidents, not a result of same evil CEO pushing the men for profits.
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
Old 11-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #20 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

A business was not about profits, they would be out of business, and all the workers would be sent home. The oil industry has the smallest profit margin I have ever heard of, they just do alot of volume. What other business would run at 3% profit?
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
Old 11-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #21 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker View Post
A business was not about profits, they would be out of business, and all the workers would be sent home. The oil industry has the smallest profit margin I have ever heard of, they just do alot of volume. What other business would run at 3% profit?
The biggest profit makers are the State and Federal governments. For every gallon of gas I buy in Delaware I pay the Federal government 18.4 cents and the State 41.4 cents. So of the $3.40 I pay for a gallon of gas, 59.4 cents goes to State and Federal government! They guy I buy it from makes probably about a nickle per gallon.

http://www.gaspricewatch.com/web_gas_taxes.php
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
IronButt

hardheaded wants to know Dino or Syn?
the oil refiners are all about profit,they circle each other like vultures when one companeis got problems the other s are waiting to buy their oil off of the pipeline at a much reduced price,and yes the ceo's do push the workers quite hard,they want you to work longer hours instead of hiring more people for the job.they talk safety all the time but when a refining unit is down the game changes it's **** or git then,rules go out the windowand your right that's how people get hurt,but they can pay off your widow and make that money back in a day.the oil bizz is all about the money.this is in the midwest it's suppose to be 10x worse in the southern states.
hardheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #23 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardheaded View Post
the oil refiners are all about profit
What are they supposed to be about? Charity?
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #24 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardheaded View Post
yes the ceo's do push the workers quite hard,they want you to work longer hours instead of hiring more people for the job..
when I was young and niave, I started out in the steel mill. They had volunteer doubles for OT. Management would have to cut deals with the union, if they wanted to do something. If the management wanted something, they would have to give a double for it. So you guys could get 1, 2 or 3 doubles a week if they wanted, based on different times.

You want to bring a contractor in to work on something, all guy would be eligible for a double. The guys would work the OT and call in sick for their straigh pay shift. Doubles are not so bad, when you can sleep through them too.

I said to a union worker we should get more people, so don't havet to work so much. They wanted the OT, and didnt want more workers. This did benefit the company cause they for less health insurance too.

The human animal is the same. You are niave if you think the CEO is all about profits and the worker isn't about his own profit. The same human animal that is an evil CEO is also a worker.
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
Old 11-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker View Post
when I was young and niave, I started out in the steel mill. They had volunteer doubles for OT. Management would have to cut deals with the union, if they wanted to do something. If the management wanted something, they would have to give a double for it. So you guys could get 1, 2 or 3 doubles a week if they wanted, based on different times.

You want to bring a contractor in to work on something, all guy would be eligible for a double. The guys would work the OT and call in sick for their straigh pay shift. Doubles are not so bad, when you can sleep through them too.

I said to a union worker we should get more people, so don't havet to work so much. They wanted the OT, and didnt want more workers. This did benefit the company cause they for less health insurance too.

The human animal is the same. You are niave if you think the CEO is all about profits and the worker isn't about his own profit. The same human animal that is an evil CEO is also a worker.

And that is not limited to any one industry. Profits are what businesses exist for. There is nothing wrong with wanting as big a return on your investment as you can get. Like berserker said, the workers want as much as they can get as well.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #26 (permalink)
FNG :)

zeus0909 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I know there was a law suit over fracking. I think in Pennsylvania or south of there not sure where. It was over fracking causing problems with well water. I honestly can't say with any education one way or the other on the effects but the case was dismissed/thrown out of federal court
zeus0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #27 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

If there has been a problem with wells, we need to learn from it, and change locations. I have been through AK and Canada, there is plenty of areas with no wells.

One thing I noted about the pipeline in AK, is that AK is 1/4 over and you can't see it, and AK is huge.

There is alot of barren land in the Dakotas, that house are not going to be built on. Not saying to poison that ground, but this can be managed.

Also the technology will improve, to prevent issues.
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
Old 11-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
IronButt

Krayven Sumhead wants to know Dino or Syn?
Next time I get a drink of water, Imma gonna have a glass in one hand and a skewered hot dog in the other, ready for roasting.
Krayven Sumhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
Axe Man

BVBOB wants to know Dino or Syn?
I live here in West Central WI and this is supposedly the location for the best frac sand available, we have a few area mines in operation and many more trying to get the proper permission from townships and counties for mining rights. Very little is known about the mining itself and water quality and even more so the truck traffic are the major concerns. As a land owner here with undoubtedly a large amount of frac sand on my property I have mixed feelings. Some area tracts of land have sold for huge amounts of money and while my own would never be for sale I have a hard time denying someone the right to make a living off of their land that they have paid many taxes on through sale of mining or the land outright. Here is just a small video of a town meeting held here. This is a couple miles from me and I know pretty much everyone in the room.
553 bd cams
Power duals with re-core cvo
Welded crank

1982 FXRS
new paint
new tires
new brakes
new clutch
Soon to be back on the road

Being honest may not make you a lot of friends but it will always make you the right ones.
BVBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #30 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

Never say never, about selling your own land. I didn't realize it had potential down here.

All I here about are the iron mine they were trying to get going in Iron County, that go stopped for political reasons. I was hoping they would go UP, MI and MN have mines.

But I just heard two mines will have a shut down this summer, which I believe is do to low demand.
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement