GOP Drops Mitt Like a : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
GOP Drops Mitt Like a

used condom. Mitt makes another crazy statement that Obie bought his votes. Like his 47% BS, this guy will say anything.
From hero to zero in a couple weeks, and he was gonna be our savior?
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politic...y-out-the-door
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this? DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I dropped him during the primary. But after that, faced with him or the worst president in modern history, we didn't really have much choice.

Unfortunately America proved as it whole, it was even stupid-er than the Republicans (not easy to do).
Old 11-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by compressor#v View Post
used condom. Mitt makes another crazy statement that Obie bought his votes. Like his 47% BS, this guy will say anything.
From hero to zero in a couple weeks, and he was gonna be our savior?
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politic...y-out-the-door
Ann Coulter said before Romney was nominated that he would lose if nominated and the only one who could beat Obama would be Chris Christie. I think she was right and as a Democrat, Christie is the one I think would have the best chance in 2016 of all those who look like possible Republican candidates at this time. Romney lost the integrity battle, no one, even most Republicans thought he was being honest about what he believed. My gut always told me the conservative Romney was the real Romney and the moderate Romney was his concession to the political reality in Massachusetts.

Related to Christie, has he ever spoken publicly about the possibility of his having weight loss surgery and whether he has considered it?
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
Ann Coulter said before Romney was nominated that he would lose if nominated and the only one who could beat Obama would be Chris Christie. I think she was right and as a Democrat, Christie is the one I think would have the best chance in 2016 of all those who look like possible Republican candidates at this time. Romney lost the integrity battle, no one, even most Republicans thought he was being honest about what he believed. My gut always told me the conservative Romney was the real Romney and the moderate Romney was his concession to the political reality in Massachusetts.

Related to Christie, has he ever spoken publicly about the possibility of his having weight loss surgery and whether he has considered it?
Funny, Democrats thought McCain was great too, til he ran for president, then he became an extremist. I have no doubt whatsoever that no matter how well liked a Republican is by a Democrat that would only last until he announced intentions to run. Then he, or she, too would be declared extremist. The fat man might as well become the Democrat he's striving to be these days.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member

claytp1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post

In all seriousness would you ever vote for a Republican that was really just a Dem claiming to be a Republican, an Arlen Specter type?

And what has Christie's weight have to do with whether or not he'd be a good POTUS?
claytp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
"The fat man might as well become the Democrat he's striving to be these days."

This kind of thinking will be why the pubs can stack their losses on top of each other. A guy like Christie who showed he truly cares about his people, all of them no matter what party affiliation, would get my vote in heartbeat. This country needs cooperation, not ideology.
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by compressor#v View Post
"The fat man might as well become the Democrat he's striving to be these days."

This kind of thinking will be why the pubs can stack their losses on top of each other. A guy like Christie who showed he truly cares about his people, all of them no matter what party affiliation, would get my vote in heartbeat. This country needs cooperation, not ideology.
Exactly. People like Christie because he is doing all he can to take care of business and get NJ back on its feet and he's doing a good job of it. Thats called cooperation and the people will remember this in 2016.

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytp1 View Post
And what has Christie's weight have to do with whether or not he'd be a good POTUS?
It is not about his running for President. I'm curious as to his thinking about his health and weight loss. Just about all the people I know of that size have considered the weight loss surgery. Most have done it and have lost about 1/3 of their former weight. They have all told me they are healthier and feel a lot better. I see on television the changes to Al Roker and Al Sharpton. They were about the same size as Christie before surgery. If I were that size, I would probably be considering surgery. I just wonder what his thinking is on this. I do not criticize him for not having surgery. Mostly he and to a lesser extent his family have to live with the consequences or having or not having the surgery. But that extra weight will likely shorten his life considerably.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
In all seriousness would you ever vote for a Republican that was really just a Dem claiming to be a Republican, an Arlen Specter type?
I don't think I could at this point ever vote for Chris Christie for dog catcher let alone President. The reason is mostly personal but also political. Last year the New Jersey legislature voted to allow same sex marriage and he vetoed the bill. He should have known better by now. He came down on the side of bigotry and discrimination. And he has made a jerk of himself in vetoing some public works projects that would have built a better rail connection between NYC and New Jersey. It was his reasoning here that galled me. You can Google all the details if you are interested.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

Question

Quote:

I wouldnt think it would hinder his ability to make rational decisions. His weight does bring up an interesting question though: when was the last time we had an obese POTUS? Have we ever? Why?

Old 11-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
I wouldnt think it would hinder his ability to make rational decisions. His weight does bring up an interesting question though: when was the last time we had an obese POTUS? Have we ever? Why?
I don't remember which ones but I remember seeing some pictures of obese presidents in the 19th century.

Does anyone know if Christie has spoken publicly in this issue?
Old 11-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post
I dropped him during the primary. But after that, faced with him or the worst president in modern history, we didn't really have much choice.

Unfortunately America proved as it whole, it was even stupid-er than the Republicans (not easy to do).
Fortunately America proved that they were not nearly as stupid as the republicans. Very easy to do.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
I wouldnt think it would hinder his ability to make rational decisions. His weight does bring up an interesting question though: when was the last time we had an obese POTUS? Have we ever?

Yes I do believe we have, but mostly prior to the 20th century. My memory is that Teddy Roosevelt was not exactly fit and trim by the time he was President. While I wouldn't say Clinton was quite as overweight as Christie, he wasn't exactly marathon material either.

Why?
I don't know why, perhaps people see those who are overweight or with health problems as lacking ability. FDR spent most if not all of his terms battling M.S. and yet guided the country through most of WWII.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Fortunately America proved that they were not nearly as stupid as the republicans. Very easy to do.
Exactly as Dan said, they proved themselves to be far more stupid.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I don't know why, perhaps people see those who are overweight or with health problems as lacking ability. FDR spent most if not all of his terms battling M.S. and yet guided the country through most of WWII.
For the record, it was probably not MS and more likely either polio or Guillain-Barré syndrome that caused FDR's paralysis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankli...alytic_illness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement