GOP Drops Mitt Like a - Page 4 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #46 (permalink)
IronButt

boston62 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by compressor#v View Post
"The fat man might as well become the Democrat he's striving to be these days."

This kind of thinking will be why the pubs can stack their losses on top of each other. A guy like Christie who showed he truly cares about his people, all of them no matter what party affiliation, would get my vote in heartbeat. This country needs cooperation, not ideology.
Agreed, I think he would be great...
boston62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #47 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

berserker is still riding a stock bike berserker is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
The concept of advocating for your principles without alienating large segments the population eludes you just as it did Romney.

Alluding to Romney's dumbass statements about buying votes shows your lack of understanding in this matter. He proved himself to be a complete idiot. You are quoting a fool I have to admit I voted for.

Another important point that you miss entirely is that like participating in a football game the goal is to win.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
I never heard Mitt's statement. I am just telling you what I think. This is not the first time after the election I have heard, the Reps are not catering to enough people.

But I still stand by the idea, if you just give everyone what they want, you don't need the Reps.

All you can hope for is it slows down the Dems. Sorta like the NRA slows down the Dems when it comes to anti gun agendas.

You act like the whole country went Dem. This is not 2008. 2010 and 2012 still left the Reps with alot of control. Obama can;t just ram things through.

The Dems would have you believe the whole country switch to Dem. You need to look at the statistics.

My comparassion was, this is not a football game. I didn't vote just so I could say my side won. I voted for what I thought was best. Some people, and I think it leans more to the liberals, are more fans, then they are citizens. They will cheer their team on no matter what.
Helmets are like rubbers you know you should wear one, but its so much better when you don't.-Me
Sometimes I think its a sin, when I feel like I am winning when I am losing again.-GL
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
berserker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #48 (permalink)
IronButt

Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this? Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
There is a lot of ground between "catering to" and "attracting." You and all the other "my way or the highway," folks will be bitter and dissatisfied until you realize and take advantage of that.

Last edited by Lefty; 11-25-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
There is a lot of ground between "catering to" and "attracting." You and all the other "my way or the highway," folks will be bitter and dissatisfied until you realize and take advantage of that.

The Democrats made gains even in red states like Texas.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/25/us...ction-day.html
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #50 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

Quote:

You may be right. There is a fine line between hoping to steer society and just giving up and letting it decay. Democrats cater to special interest groups to get votes.

But if you just give in, you open the flood gates. Imagine what the Democrats would be without the NRA? Imagine how much debt we would have without conservatives? I suppose it would be like 2009 stimulus bills every year.

You should look at the #s. Dems should be scared, they came this close with Mitt. They though Mitt was a push over.

Like at senate races. It was not a conservative win, but neither was it a landslide for Dems. Reps still control alot. WI is controled by Reps at state level, and will porobably get some stuff done.
Helmets are like rubbers you know you should wear one, but its so much better when you don't.-Me
Sometimes I think its a sin, when I feel like I am winning when I am losing again.-GL
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
Old 11-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #51 (permalink)
IronButt

rscalzo wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
People like Christie because he is doing all he can to take care of business and get NJ back on its feet and he's doing a good job of it
What are you smoking? Show me what he's done so far for the state? The highest unemployment. He's as of yet come up with a budget that is based on anywhere near factual data.

He failed to win every election until he got in with a anti-Democratic wave. So far all he has done is take care of his wealthy friends. Check his background and you will see more skeletons than the Haunted Mansion at Disney World.

I had to laugh when the NRA was pushing Romney and his then sidekick Christie as a great supporter of firearm's owners. Romney is the guy who put the AWB in place during his days in MA and instituted every more controls. Christie made his career by filing gun cases in NJ and as Gov. and hasn't done one thing to modernize the current laws. I have no doubt that the GOP paid a nice sum to get the NRA backing.

rscalzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #52 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
What are you smoking? Show me what he's done so far for the state? The highest unemployment. He's as of yet come up with a budget that is based on anywhere near factual data.

He failed to win every election until he got in with a anti-Democratic wave. So far all he has done is take care of his wealthy friends. Check his background and you will see more skeletons than the Haunted Mansion at Disney World.

I had to laugh when the NRA was pushing Romney and his then sidekick Christie as a great supporter of firearm's owners. Romney is the guy who put the AWB in place during his days in MA and instituted every more controls. Christie made his career by filing gun cases in NJ and as Gov. and hasn't done one thing to modernize the current laws. I have no doubt that the GOP paid a nice sum to get the NRA backing.

Not to mention confiscation of unused gift cards and traveler's checks. Christie is not a conservative.

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #53 (permalink)
IronButt

rscalzo wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Imagine what the Democrats would be without the NRA?
I've watched the NRA create these issues and start to send out their mailers begging for donations to stem them. yet they actually spend very little in that area. After having the pleasure of speaking to one of the former NRA Presidents who owned a large gun shop here and getting a lot of the behind the scenes info, many at the top are simply concerned about keeping their million dollar plus salaries.

They bring this guy to their national convention and begin their campaign to tell their membership that he's a great supporter of gun rights. Yet they made feeble attempts to gloss over his actions in 04.

Quote:
In July 2004, then-Governor Romney signed legislation into law that made Massachusetts' assault weapons ban permanent and not reliant on a federal ban that expired at the end of 2004. The state issued a press release at the time, in which Romney described assault weapons as "instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."
Quote:
Dems should be scared, they came this close with Mitt. They though Mitt was a push over.
The GOP was calling for a landslide. Or at least Fox News was calling it.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...on-prediction/

http://www.businessinsider.com/poll-...ama-47-2012-10

Of course now it comes out that they seemed to know it was a losing battler a few days earlier. they have started to implode and Mitt's former backers (Christie being one of the biggest) have abandoned him and called for a more moderate leadership style. Either way the days of a landslide are gone. These days a landslide can be measured by a percent or two.

He also raised fees on many of the requirements to buy and carry firearms. As far as GOAL (state gun owners group of MA), he was far from a savior.

Quote:
Imagine what the Democrats would be without the NRA?
Odd but Mitt's comment was also word for word what was criticized during the debates. While the NRA was crying that the sky was falling, they were backing a group that proved by way of legislation and actions that were without as doubt anti-gun.

Last edited by rscalzo; 11-25-2012 at 10:53 PM.
rscalzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #54 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

You can read what you want about the NRA, I am sure they are not perfect, and they do have there hand out. But they have supported alot of things I agree with.

I still stand by, if it wasn't for the NRA, imagine what the Dems would do. As I stand by, imagine how they would spend money, if there were not Reps slowing them down. Stimulus pork package is evidence of that. We haven't had one since 2010.

I still stand by, that the Dems should be a little worried, cause look how far they got with Mitt. Alot of conservatives didn't want him. I got to say, I liked him better then I thought I would, I was won over by the election.
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
Old 11-27-2012, 12:16 AM   #55 (permalink)
IronButt

thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker View Post
If you are just going to buy off votes, and cater to every special interest group, you might as well vote Democrat. I am not being sarcastic. If you are not doing what you think is right, what is the point?

This isn't like football, where you just want to say your team one.
Both sides buy off votes and cater to special intersest groups. This is not anything new.

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #56 (permalink)
IronButt

thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post

Heard on the news that Christie has a 77% approval rating. What are you smoking?

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.