San Francisco - Wiener doesn't want to see weiners - Page 3 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEINERDOGBONE View Post
I've been to SF six times. It is a lovely city. I have not observed any abhorent behavior while visiting there. I did see a dude all dressed up like a woman one time but, I've seen a few of those around here.

I do believe that all adults should keep their clothes on while out in public. I don't want to pile on here Michael but I think you're way off base on this issue.
I appreciate your comments even though I disagree with you in this regard. This is one area where I feel there should be very little government involvement. I just came back from seeing the movie Lincoln. I recommend the movie. One of the things I got from the movie is how similar the politicians were then and now. The government that governs least in this situation is the government that governs best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
The government that governs least in this situation is the government that governs best.
Too bad you and your side continue to vote for an ever expanding role of the govt. If it's your lifestyle you're all leave us alone and we'll be happy but man you guys sure don't have any problem butting into other's lifestyles, especially religion. You all just love to protest at the Catholic churches.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #33 (permalink)
IronButt

streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
I appreciate your comments even though I disagree with you in this regard. This is one area where I feel there should be very little government involvement. I just came back from seeing the movie Lincoln. I recommend the movie. One of the things I got from the movie is how similar the politicians were then and now. The government that governs least in this situation is the government that governs best.
I don't really expect a response here, but, wtf. Your still dancin round the kids and parents rights thing. Not just regarding the fair you mentioned, but everyday since you clearly feel that there should no restrictions whatsoever regarding public nudity.
What about the children? ?

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650
Old 11-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
Turgid member

rgraham wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetg View Post
What about the children? ?
These guys don't "have" children. Why should they care about what happens to your children? The fact this topic is even a discussion is disgusting.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #35 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
This thread is proof of the fact that Kali has earned the title HDsickness stated as well as the pride some take in its obvious illustrations.

For me, reading some posts on this subject make me firmer in my opposition to the acceptance of all things gay.
I didn't start this thread to prove anything. I started it to get opinions about what this move means. You know, what is the significance of it? Here is the heart of liberal, progressive non-restricted behavior considering that there may be a turning point here where the very essence of the city's reputation may be in for a change.

Is this a sign of things to come or just a blip on the radar?

I must ask though, why do these different things mentioned here always get lumped together? Public nudity, homosexuality, children. The thread is about public nudity and a city ordinance concerning such. This has nothing directly to do with gays or children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
You don't care how offensive your immorality might be to others, especially kids. Many stories about the traumatization little girls go through when some dirtbag pervert exposes himself, just to satisfy his own depravity.

I'm with Lefty, take this sodomy crap somewhere else.
Where did the sodomy thing come from? That is not the topic here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgraham View Post
These guys don't "have" children. Why should they care about what happens to your children? The fact this topic is even a discussion is disgusting.
The fact that you are disgusted doesn't make a topic unworthy of discussion. Life is not always easy and society needs to be able to discuss ideas even if (especially if) those discussions involve differing views.

The fact of the matter is, we all have the right to our opinion about public nudity as well as many other things, but the point of this discussion is to find opinions about the action concerning the proposed ordinance and what the significance of it may or may not be.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #36 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by <G Man> View Post

I must ask though, why do these different things mentioned here always get lumped together? Public nudity, homosexuality, children. The thread is about public nudity and a city ordinance concerning such. This has nothing directly to do with gays or children.
Public nudity and children are being lumped together because these guys in Castro are walking around nekid, IN FRONT OF CHILDREN. Do you need photographic proof? Look at the zombietime link. Censored link: http://pjmedia.com/zombie/2012/10/22...inglepage=true

Last edited by RGRider; 11-19-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #37 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
Public nudity and children are being lumped together because these guys in Castro are walking around nekid, IN FRONT OF CHILDREN. Do you need photographic proof? Look at the zombietime link. Censored link: http://pjmedia.com/zombie/2012/10/22...inglepage=true
Nobody needs to prove anything to me. I will claim ignorance here. If Castro is a "gay community" then I would guess that there aren't a lot of families with children living there.

I am still more curious to hear opinions about the ordinance. I've heard plenty about everybody's hatred. How about a real discussion about this topic? The stated opinions are duly noted and need not be continually repeated. I got it.

Anybody have any thoughts on the topic of the thread?

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #38 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Nobody needs to prove anything to me. I will claim ignorance here. If Castro is a "gay community" then I would guess that there aren't a lot of families with children living there.

I am still more curious to hear opinions about the ordinance. I've heard plenty about everybody's hatred. How about a real discussion about this topic? The stated opinions are duly noted and need not be continually repeated. I got it.

Anybody have any thoughts on the topic of the thread?
Obviously the ordinance is needed.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #39 (permalink)
Turgid member

rgraham wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
I didn't start this thread to prove anything. I started it to get opinions about what this move means. You know, what is the significance of it? Here is the heart of liberal, progressive non-restricted behavior considering that there may be a turning point here where the very essence of the city's reputation may be in for a change.

Is this a sign of things to come or just a blip on the radar?

Where did the sodomy thing come from? That is not the topic here.

The fact that you are disgusted doesn't make a topic unworthy of discussion. Life is not always easy and society needs to be able to discuss ideas even if (especially if) those discussions involve differing views.

The fact of the matter is, we all have the right to our opinion about public nudity as well as many other things, but the point of this discussion is to find opinions about the action concerning the proposed ordinance and what the significance of it may or may not be.
Have at it. It's such a new and provocative idea to run around nude in public. So very worthy a topic. What bullsh!t.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #40 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
Obviously the ordinance is needed.
Why is it happening now? What really changed?

The word from the stories is that it is just becoming too common. Is that really it?

Old 11-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #41 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:

The word from the stories is that it is just becoming too common. Is that really it?
Ask MP, he seems to think it's a great idea! Maybe he'll actually give an answer for once.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

So let me tell you what this whole thing is about. There are about a dozen men and one or two women who sometimes take off their clothes to sit in the sun in a plaza in the Castro district. That's been going on for a long time. Then the media got a hold of the story and the circus has ensued with all the big mouths moralizing all over the place. So this nudity while legal was only happening in one place in the city of 800,000 people and that was in a predominantly gay/lesbian neighborhood that accepted this. It is still basically only happening in that one place but now we have an ordinance being considered that would effect the entire city. The neighborhood dealt well enough with the situation. There wasn't public outrage until recently. This was just a bunch of nudist guys who sunned themselves occasionally. They were not prancing around. They were not going up to children. They were sunning themselves in the buff. Then they would put on some clothes and go home when it got cold, as if often does in San Francisco.

And for the record for those of you who don't understand. Gays and lesbians have families, children, etc. This is not the place to go into the structure of gay families but if you rely on the same media sources for news about gay families, these are the same sources that have made a circus of this whole situation now. I have seen a number of parents walk through that plaza with their kids. Just about no one has until recently paid any attention to the sun bathers. Now the whole situation is different.

And you are all cooperating to be part of that circus now.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:45 AM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

webco2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:

I'm really beginning to wonder about you now..
Old 11-20-2012, 12:52 AM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

webco2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
So let me tell you what this whole thing is about. There are about a dozen men and one or two women who sometimes take off their clothes to sit in the sun in a plaza in the Castro district. That's been going on for a long time. Then the media got a hold of the story and the circus has ensued with all the big mouths moralizing all over the place. So this nudity while legal was only happening in one place in the city of 800,000 people and that was in a predominantly gay/lesbian neighborhood that accepted this. It is still basically only happening in that one place but now we have an ordinance being considered that would effect the entire city. The neighborhood dealt well enough with the situation. There wasn't public outrage until recently. This was just a bunch of nudist guys who sunned themselves occasionally. They were not prancing around. They were not going up to children. They were sunning themselves in the buff. Then they would put on some clothes and go home when it got cold, as if often does in San Francisco.

And for the record for those of you who don't understand. Gays and lesbians have families, children, etc. This is not the place to go into the structure of gay families but if you rely on the same media sources for news about gay families, these are the same sources that have made a circus of this whole situation now. I have seen a number of parents walk through that plaza with their kids. Just about no one has until recently paid any attention to the sun bathers. Now the whole situation is different.

And you are all cooperating to be part of that circus now.
Once again Michael my friend, you are advocating for special treatment for a lesser number of people over the wishes of the higher number of people.
Funny how when it suits your point, you advocate just the other way. Case in point , this last election.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by webco2 View Post
Once again Michael my friend, you are advocating for special treatment for a lesser number of people over the wishes of the higher number of people.
You are correct. I am advocating for the freedom to be naked of a very small number of people who want to be naked in public. I will defend their right to do that. I do not believe the government has the right to regulate a dress code. There is nothing wrong with the human body. If someone wants to not wear clothes, that is their business as far as I am concerned. I do not believe legislating one's personal morality into the law.

When I was in high school the term we studied the Constitution the teacher made a point the first day that the Constitution is all about the rules of the game and what the government can and cannot do. One of the most important underlying principals of the Constitution and particularly in the Bill of Rights is that in certain areas the majority is not allowed to do what they want. They cannot silence a minority no matter how many people want to do that, for instance.

I believe the same principle holds here. The nudists are protected from a tyranny of the majority in relation to a dress code. Being naked in this society is a political statement of protest and is also protected under the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I just saw the movie "Lincoln" today. I highly recommend it. It is a good movie but more relevant to the discussion here, the movie was about the need for 13th amendment to the Constitution which forbade slavery. A big point in the movie was that this amendment to the Constitution was necessary because a majority of the people in the south wanted slavery and the amendment to the Constitution was needed to prevent the majority from having their will in this situation.

It is also a good movie because it shows how slimy politics was and still is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread