Congrats Californians, you now lead the nation : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Congrats Californians, you now lead the nation

....in poverty.

Quote:
The Golden State has fallen on hard times, with a poverty rate that is now twice as bad as West Virginia’s and substantially worse than the rates of poverty in Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas and Texas, according to a new measure of poverty developed by the federal Census Bureau.

Democrat-run California earned its last-place rank under the federal government’s new measure of poverty, which incorporates more detailed analyses of welfare payments and the local costs of food, gasoline and housing. (View the new census data report)

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/16/go...#ixzz2COumvOZ6
Not only that but your education system ranking is in the cellar as well.

But good news though, you raised taxes on yourself and as we all know by now higher taxes equal a better standard of living. Right? I'm just not sure for whom.

What's that saying I always used to hear? Oh yeah, "As California goes, so goes the nation". Well, like California the nation has doubled-down on stupid and re-elected the Dems who got us here.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ghetto Blaster

1bdBagr wants to know Dino or Syn?
I sure as FUKK didn't vote for those pricks....good thing my kids already went thru a pretty good school system. The rest is true and still sucks.
Tim

2000 Road King on Mulholland approaching the Rock Store. BEFORE and After at 7000' elevation in Central Ca USFS Scenic Byway
1bdBagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
NRA Life

Hamilton wants to know Dino or Syn?
Yeah but...we still have Hollywood.

- Robert Bosch
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

Location: Discovered in 1904 by the Germans it's German for whales vagina.
Gunny4Sawx is reading this now saying WTF is this?
And lane sharing

There is no profit in Peace.
Gunny4Sawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

lucille wants to know Dino or Syn?
You mean to say ..... California isn't the land of 'milk and honey'.. ?
Frankie Avalon chasing Annette Funicello ..... not real ?
Frankie and Annette doing the 'twist' .... like hyper-charged wind-up toys .... possibly a sugar buzz from the gallons of Coke they drink .... not real ?
I'm shattered!
We have our own 'California' ..... it's called Toronto
Aaaaarrrrrghhhh ......

Last edited by lucille; 11-16-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: very poor spelling ......
lucille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Frankie and Annette doing the 'twist' .... like hypercharged wind-up toys .... possible a sugar buzz from the gallons of Coke they drink .... not real ?
I'm shattered!
Aaaaarrrrrghhhh ......
Hey, even the cows in California are not as happy as they used to be. I understand Dr. Phil has being called in.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

HDSickness wants to know Dino or Syn?
Yep.......this is what happens when the libtards have the majority.
HDSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDSickness View Post
Yep.......this is what happens when the libtards have the majority.
HDSickness - I truly do not think you actually want to be of help in solving the complex problems that California faces. You do not miss an opportunity to belittle those with whom you would have to work to solve the problems. No one from the liberal side of the spectrum is going to listen to you or give you any credibility if you cannot control the insults that you throw at them. So if you want to be part of the solution, try to talk to those with whom you will have to work in a respectful manner. Otherwise, I'll just take you for a another one of the whiners and that's about it.

And for any others of you Californians, if you want to seriously talk about the problems our state with someone who has a progressive approach, I'll respond. If however you only want to tell me how stupid I am for believing what I believe in, then I'll decline a conversation.

I for one do not know what the solutions should be. I'm open to discussing it. Let's see if we can keep this civil and serious.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

The FatBoy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Frankie and Annette doing the 'twist' .... like hyper-charged wind-up toys .... possibly a sugar buzz from the gallons of Coke they drink .... not real ?
I'm shattered!
Aaaaarrrrrghhhh ......
Toronto? Actually, for the remainder of us it is BC - particularly Vancouver and Victoria!
The FatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
HDSickness - I truly do not think you actually want to be of help in solving the complex problems that California faces. You do not miss an opportunity to belittle those with whom you would have to work to solve the problems. No one from the liberal side of the spectrum is going to listen to you or give you any credibility if you cannot control the insults that you throw at them. So if you want to be part of the solution, try to talk to those with whom you will have to work in a respectful manner. Otherwise, I'll just take you for a another one of the whiners and that's about it.

And for any others of you Californians, if you want to seriously talk about the problems our state with someone who has a progressive approach, I'll respond. If however you only want to tell me how stupid I am for believing what I believe in, then I'll decline a conversation.

I for one do not know what the solutions should be. I'm open to discussing it. Let's see if we can keep this civil and serious.
So let me see if I have this right, you will talk to them if they agree with you but not if their ideas differ from yours. So basically you will continue to do what you have been doing all along!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
HDSickness - I truly do not think you actually want to be of help in
Quote:
solving the complex problems that California faces.
You do not miss an opportunity to belittle those with whom you would have to work to solve the problems. No one from the liberal side of the spectrum is going to listen to you or give you any credibility if you cannot control the insults that you throw at them. So if you want to be part of the solution, try to talk to those with whom you will have to work in a respectful manner. Otherwise, I'll just take you for a another one of the whiners and that's about it.

So if I read you right and I am, you agree that Calif is ascrewed up. Interesting in that you are a supporter of the progressive ideas which put Calif. in that position.
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post
So let me see if I have this right, you will talk to them if they agree with you but not if their ideas differ from yours. So basically you will continue to do what you have been doing all along!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Actually, you've got it wrong. I want to talk with those with whom I disagree who want to have a real conversation, and not for them to just tell me why I am stupid or retarded. Someone who is truly interested in how I see things and I would like to hear from them how they see things. Most of the conversations around here (and many other places on the Internet) are just people yelling at each other. I have no interest in yelling at anyone or calling anyone names or telling anyone that they are stupid for believing what they believe.

There are some fairly conservative people around here with whom have had fruitful exchanges of information. I would not consider you to be a part of that group.

The subject here is poverty in California. I am no expert on how to deal with that. I sure would like to hear something that is more than the usual yelling points from either side.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
So if I read you right and I am, you agree that Calif is ascrewed up. Interesting in that you are a supporter of the progressive ideas which put Calif. in that position.
I don't get a sense that you really want to hear what I believe and why and why other than to tell me that I am wrong and stupid for believing what I believe. Your posts are mostly one line put down from an extreme right wing position. I accept that you want to vent your anger and outrage. I have no evidence of you wanting more than that. So I expect that will continue.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Progressive approach is what got us in this mess.....lack of morals and lack of personal responsibility are two that come to mind.
Progressives take from those who work hard and prosper and give to those who do not. Trickle UP does not work. All we do in this state is throw money at problems and all we have is more problems.
Time to use the money more wisely by cutting programs not throw more money at them, on the backs of the working class.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Michael.......You want solutions?
Here is one simple solution that would save the state 9 billion a year: Stop giving illegals aid.
No, those in control could never do that, instead cut from schools, fire, police ect. and raise taxes. Wouldn't want to lose the Hispanic vote, thats all it is buying votes to stay in power. The state just keeps on taking money from hard working people and give it to those who aren't even suppose to be here.BS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement