Congrats Californians, you now lead the nation - Page 9 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 05:41 AM   #121 (permalink)
Evil Clown

luvstoride is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
Your are wrong. Blame Waffen. Waffen changed the topic from poverty in California to his sexual orientation by proclaiming he had a wife. He did not have to do that. It was gratuitous. I merely responded.
Quote:
The terms husband and wife are not restricted to heterosexuals. It is usually used to describe someone to whom one is legally married, regardless of romantic or sexual orientation.
Michael, I'm confused. You seem to indicate that calling a wife a wife is somehow pushing heterosexuality on you, but then say homosexuals can and do call their partner a wife. I do try to understand where you are coming from, but it just sounds like double talk to me.
Helmets: Let those who ride decide.
luvstoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #122 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I've become very interested in how this man/wife thing applies to other aspects of life. Let's say for instance that a farmer says he has sheep. Is he really proclaiming that he may be into animals?
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." -Louis D Brandeis
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #123 (permalink)
IronButt

pcarrell wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
You've already made your point, multiple times, about "common ground" -- and nobody listened. Why don't you let it go.
Actually, I think you might have missed something here. I've just shown you common ground in action. Michael and I are worlds apart in many things, but I PM'd him and we found some common ground with which to work from. Now, when we talk, I have respect for him and I think he has some respect for me. Now real talking can take place. If our leaders would do the same, maybe they could get somewhere.
pcarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #124 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarrell View Post
Actually, I think you might have missed something here. I've just shown you common ground in action. Michael and I are worlds apart in many things, but I PM'd him and we found some common ground with which to work from. Now, when we talk, I have respect for him and I think he has some respect for me. Now real talking can take place. If our leaders would do the same, maybe they could get somewhere.
I'd love to see how this common ground looks......
RGRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #125 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvstoride View Post
Michael, I'm confused. You seem to indicate that calling a wife a wife is somehow pushing heterosexuality on you, but then say homosexuals can and do call their partner a wife. I do try to understand where you are coming from, but it just sounds like double talk to me.
Are you really serious and don't understand. OK. Here goes.

When a man says he has a wife, he is saying he is heterosexual.

When a man says he has a husband, he is indicating he is homosexual.

When a woman says she has a husband, she is saying she is heterosexual.

When a woman says she has a wife, she is saying she is a lesbian.

Are you less confused now?
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #126 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUTYM View Post
I've become very interested in how this man/wife thing applies to other aspects of life. Let's say for instance that a farmer says he has sheep. Is he really proclaiming that he may be into animals?
You win the prize, BOUTYM. In just about every open political discussion of same sex marriage, there is always someone who indicates he or she is interested in the subject of bestiality. That's you. We now know what you start to think about when this subject of same sex marriage is being discussed.

Now, can we get back to the discussion of California and poverty?

Last edited by Michael Psycle; 12-10-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #127 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

Quote:

I still want to know what a man is saying if he's a farmer and says he has sheep.
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." -Louis D Brandeis
Old 12-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #128 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this? James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:

I want to know who does the cooking, cleaning and laundry....and who wears the lipstick!
James is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #129 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I want to know who does the cooking, cleaning and laundry.
Always the wife, no matter who's wife it is. Even if the farmer has sheep, the wife does it. Are those sheep lucky or what???
Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #130 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I want to know who does the cooking, cleaning and laundry....and who wears the lipstick!
How a relationship (heterosexual or homosexual) gets structured, i.e., who does what, is an interesting subject and certainly one that deserves its own topic of anyone is interested in starting it. Just about everyone here has a different story in this regard that is worth sharing. So James, please start a topic and I'll contribute what I know.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #131 (permalink)
Banned

BOUTYM - Why is bestiality of such an interest to you? You have now made several posts referring to bestiality. Why are you pressing this subject?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #132 (permalink)
IronButt

Ziggy57 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:

Who gives a schit? This post like most of yours, has nothing to do with Religion and/or Politics!
Ziggy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #133 (permalink)
Banned

webco2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Michael my friend, I did not know all of those code words before now. Now it is time to move on , OK????

webco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #134 (permalink)
NRA Life

Hamilton wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarrell View Post
Actually, I think you are the one that missed something here.

You're new here, so you have not seen all the threads hi-jacked and destroyed because of "gay crap". RGRider made it very clear that he didn't like having his thread derailed by more "gay crap", yet you and others ignored it and disrespectfully kept posting "gay crap".

Secondly, why do you keep telling me what I need to do? I don't agree with you at all, never will. Now go hug your new friend; he'll like it.

- Robert Bosch

Last edited by Hamilton; 12-10-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #135 (permalink)
IronButt

pcarrell wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hamilton,

I tried several times to get us back on topic, but that's OK. Clearly, I was unsuccessful.

And BTW, I've found several of your comments to be quite insightful. I wasn't trying to tell you what to do, I was trying to offer an opinion as to a way to get started on solving a problem.

Maybe you're right though....I'm new here, so maybe I should sit on the sidelines for a while. I thought maybe I could offer a fresh perspective, but you make a good point, maybe I should work on understanding the group dynamic here first.

Last edited by pcarrell; 12-10-2012 at 10:13 AM.
pcarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement