Congrats Californians, you now lead the nation - Page 7 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #91 (permalink)
IronButt

pcarrell wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
Again, you offer nothing to further the conversation. Nothing different or more productive than mere name calling. What would YOU suggest to solve CA's problem?

You're attempting the same thing MP does except he thinks everything is fine and dandy in CA. Those dopes out there are in a major sinkhole, have been for years and yet they keep voting into office the same party and same spendthrift pols they always have and they demonize anyone who offers a solution from another viewpoint. I go back to previous statements, why should I feel sorry for them? They're doing it to themselves. MP offers compassion. BFD, compassion is killing that state. And this country is heading down the same path with a president who's more interested in scoring political points than fixing any actual problems.
Unfortunately, you seem to be under the understanding that I don't wish that there could be a solution.

I never claimed I had the solution; matter of fact, I clearly claimed I was not on the inside track and had no solution. I do believe, that shameful as it is, an inside track is essential in reaching a real solution to anything. In other words, the problem is above my plebeian status.....and probably yours as well.

All I've said, from the beginning, is that we'd probably be better off if we could work together instead of working against each other......is that really so hard a concept to grasp? Really?

Is building bridges rather then burning bridges so hard to understand?

I'm not saying you have to buy into everything the opposition throws out there, but surely, finding some common ground can only be good, right?

Last edited by pcarrell; 12-08-2012 at 11:29 PM.
pcarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #92 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:

You turned it gay right here:

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/re...ml#post2197200

Til then there was no mention of it. Get over yourself.
Your are wrong. Blame Waffen. Waffen changed the topic from poverty in California to his sexual orientation by proclaiming he had a wife. He did not have to do that. It was gratuitous. I merely responded. If I were to make a similar comment about traveling with my husband (I am legally married to him), you and others would be accusing me of turning the topic gay. Why don't you get that heterosexuals are constantly proclaiming their heterosexuality.

I actually don't mind Waffen or others making passing comments about their heterosexuality. But when the same individuals then turn around and say only they can talk about their sexual orientation and that is it inappropriate for me to do the same, then I will call that individual out on it, which is what I did with Waffen.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #93 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Well what do you suggest? How would you solve CA's problem? The left, and MP, think everything is just hunky dory. Actually they seem hellbent on destroying all that's actually productive in the name of whatever the cause du jour is.
You are living in a dream world of your own creation.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #94 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
Your are wrong. Blame Waffen. Waffen changed the topic from poverty in California to his sexual orientation by proclaiming he had a wife. He did not have to do that. It was gratuitous. I merely responded. If I were to make a similar comment about traveling with my husband (I am legally married to him), you and others would be accusing me of turning the topic gay. Why don't you get that heterosexuals are constantly proclaiming their heterosexuality.

I actually don't mind Waffen or others making passing comments about their heterosexuality. But when the same individuals then turn around and say only they can talk about their sexual orientation and that is it inappropriate for me to do the same, then I will call that individual out on it, which is what I did with Waffen.
Show me where I criticized your partner. Now you're making sh!t up. There was nothing gratuitous about Waffen's comment. NOTHING. It was no different than if he had said "most recently last year took the kids". You interject sexuality every chance you get and it's beyond tiring. Knock it off.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #95 (permalink)
IronButt

streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:

Speaking bout an activity done with a wife, or girlfriend isn't a proclamation of heteroness, when it's done it's usually just a detail of the story being related. By that line of reasoning someone _including a child in a relevant story is proclaiming that they're pedo. .Thats much different than what you do when interjection all the terrible injustices and bigotry that you claim you suffer when in many cases the topic is something note even related to your perceived persecution .

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650
streetg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #96 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Show me where I criticized your partner. Now you're making sh!t up. There was nothing gratuitous about Waffen's comment. NOTHING. It was no different than if he had said "most recently last year took the kids". You interject sexuality every chance you get and it's beyond tiring. Knock it off.
If current political questions regarding homosexual and same sex marriage bother you so, then why are you in the religion and politics section of the forum? Pick up a copy of today's newspaper and you will probably find several stories about same sex marriage and the SCOTUS decision to accept several cases in this regard. You can stick your own head in the sand, but it won't change what is happening in the real world. And I never said you criticized my partner. And I did not criticize waffen's partner. I merely pointed out how he and others keep proclaiming their heterosexuality. Have you ever mentioned having a wife or girlfriend on this forum? If so, you are guilty of what you accuse me of.

And this may be news to you, but a significant and growing number of gay men and lesbians have children. Having children is not restricted to heterosexuals. I keep hearing stories of young lesbian and gay male couples being "pressured" by their families to have children. Now that's a turn of events.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #97 (permalink)
IronButt

Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this? Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Your are wrong. Blame Waffen. Waffen changed the topic from poverty in California to his sexual orientation by proclaiming he had a wife.
I'm beginning to think I'm in a Rod Serling Twilight Zone episode. Waffen mentioned he went somewhere with his wife and that's what started a homosexual rant? Never imagined I'd see someone called out for using the dastardly term, "my wife." And of course, another thread drifts to homosexual rights. Waffen, how could you have done this?

Thought I'd throw this out since this thread has gone to hell anyway, a couple of characteristics of narcissism are, "An obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges" and "Claiming to be an expert at many things." Just thought folks might be interested.

Last edited by Lefty; 12-09-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #98 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
If current political questions regarding homosexual and same sex marriage bother you so, then why are you in the religion and politics section of the forum? Pick up a copy of today's newspaper and you will probably find several stories about same sex marriage and the SCOTUS decision to accept several cases in this regard. You can stick your own head in the sand, but it won't change what is happening in the real world. And I never said you criticized my partner. And I did not criticize waffen's partner. I merely pointed out how he and others keep proclaiming their heterosexuality. Have you ever mentioned having a wife or girlfriend on this forum? If so, you are guilty of what you accuse me of.

And this may be news to you, but a significant and growing number of gay men and lesbians have children. Having children is not restricted to heterosexuals. I keep hearing stories of young lesbian and gay male couples being "pressured" by their families to have children. Now that's a turn of events.
Hold the fuk'n phone there for a sec. I've mentioned my wife more than a few times in various threads, the most recent being about her getting punched in the face by some whack ass. So what you are saying is that by mentioning my wife in that or any other post even though the event involved her I'm in some way proclaiming my heterosexuality???

I've also mentioned my son's girlfriend and my step-son's girlfriend. I've mentioned my daughter's husband. I've mentioned my step-daughter's jackass boyfriend (yes, I am purposely proclaiming him to be a jackass). So by mentioning all of these heterosexual relationships I am somehow promoting or bashing a particular sexual preference???

Did I miss something? Has it been 'proclaimed' that speaking of anything that involves a heterosexual relationship is not politically correct? I am sitting here more baffled right now than I was when I found that Barry got reelected.

"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." -Louis D Brandeis
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #99 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUTYM View Post
Hold the fuk'n phone there for a sec. I've mentioned my wife more than a few times in various threads, the most recent being about her getting punched in the face by some whack ass. So what you are saying is that by mentioning my wife in that or any other post even though the event involved her I'm in some way proclaiming my heterosexuality???

I've also mentioned my son's girlfriend and my step-son's girlfriend. I've mentioned my daughter's husband. I've mentioned my step-daughter's jackass boyfriend (yes, I am purposely proclaiming him to be a jackass). So by mentioning all of these heterosexual relationships I am somehow promoting or bashing a particular sexual preference???

Did I miss something? Has it been 'proclaimed' that speaking of anything that involves a heterosexual relationship is not politically correct? I am sitting here more baffled right now than I was when I found that Barry got reelected.

You still don't get the point. When you say something that relates to your being heterosexual, it is ok. When I mention something related my my being gay, I am turning a thread "gay" and promoting homosexuality.

Quote:
So what you are saying is that by mentioning my wife in that or any other post even though the event involved her I'm in some way proclaiming my heterosexuality???
Absolutely. Why is that so difficult to understand? What do you think you are doing by mentioning your "wife"?
Old 12-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #100 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Why is that so difficult to understand? What do you think you are doing by mentioning your "wife"?
Ummmm... I'm talking about my wife, nothing more. Why is THAT so difficult to understand?

I know you're trying to make some goofy ass point that the mention of the word 'wife' in some deep cosmic way is really proclaiming heterosexuality, but I ain't buying it.
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." -Louis D Brandeis
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #101 (permalink)
IronButt

spdrcr137 wants to know Dino or Syn?
sounds to me like he is just speaking of his partner in life who happens to be his wife. You see thats how people with a wife refer to that person. Although when im with the boys and out of ear shot shes the olady. Now Mike feel free to refer to your significant other as you please and I promise at least from me It wont get any thought at all.

Just sayin
spdrcr137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #102 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrcr137 View Post
sounds to me like he is just speaking of his partner in life who happens to be his wife. You see thats how people with a wife refer to that person. Although when im with the boys and out of ear shot shes the olady. Now Mike feel free to refer to your significant other as you please and I promise at least from me It wont get any thought at all.

Just sayin
Your belittling sarcasm is noted.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #103 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrcr137 View Post

Just sayin
No one has ever, as far as I know, belittled him for his husband or partner.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #104 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Your belittling sarcasm is noted.
And you call me a bitter person. Seems to me you have some experience in that area yourself.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #105 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
No one has ever, as far as I know, belittled him for his husband or partner.
When I have talked about my being gay and having a husband, I have been told by a number of posters here that my "lifestyle" is "disgusting", among other words used. That is not belittling?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement