Congrats Californians, you now lead the nation - Page 6 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #76 (permalink)
IronButt

Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this? Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post

You turned it gay right here:

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/re...ml#post2197200

Til then there was no mention of it. Get over yourself.
Yep, regular as clockwork, gay we go.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #77 (permalink)
IronButt

pcarrell wants to know Dino or Syn?
Just a question, and I'll probably get BBQed here, but what has anyone's personal sexual preference got to to do with the topic at hand?

I know that it is a topic of discussion, but is that really the whole issue in regards to California's current problems?

Look, everyone has an axe to grind, I get that. Myself, I would be considered to most as a rather extreme conservative. As some on the forum have described it, a rightwingnut. ***I also don't understand why we label each other as "rightwingnut's and Libritards", but that's a separate issue.***

In the end, don't we all want the same thing? We want a better America for ourselves and for our children, right? And these labels, and name calling, ridiculing, and so forth, don't get us one step closer to that goal; they only separate us further.

There has to be a way to find some common ground with which to build on.......

That doesn't start in government; it starts with the people......you and me.
pcarrell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #78 (permalink)
IronButt

smitty901 wants to know Dino or Syn?
All CA needs is the cash from the rest of the country so they can waste that also . With Obama in office they will get a rather large chuck of it.
CA is a major train wreck Watts will burn again just a madder of when
Old 12-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #79 (permalink)
NRA Life

Hamilton wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarrell View Post
Just a question, and I'll probably get BBQed here, but what has anyone's personal sexual preference got to to do with the topic at hand?

I know that it is a topic of discussion, but is that really the whole issue in regards to California's current problems?

Look, everyone has an axe to grind, I get that. Myself, I would be considered to most as a rather extreme conservative. As some on the forum have described it, a rightwingnut. ***I also don't understand why we label each other as "rightwingnut's and Libritards", but that's a separate issue.***

In the end, don't we all want the same thing? We want a better America for ourselves and for our children, right? And these labels, and name calling, ridiculing, and so forth, don't get us one step closer to that goal; they only separate us further.

There has to be a way to find some common ground with which to build on.......

That doesn't start in government; it starts with the people......you and me.
You say you're a conservative, so what do you want to compromise on?

How about teaching your kids "gay history" in public school? Yep, we have that.

How about a $63 billion dollar high speed train that that will take you to Bakersfield and Fresno? Yep, the Democrats passed that this year while flirting with bankruptcy.

Next year car registration and sales tax takes a hike, along with more EPA, CARB and SCAQMD regulation (translation - more business with leave).

So it seems that all the name calling that goes on here is pretty harmless compared to what's really happening in California.

- Robert Bosch
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #80 (permalink)
IronButt

Dude, I'm not trying to compromise on anything. I'm just asking why we have to be so adversarial and refuse to find a common ground with which to work from.

A far as teaching gay history, if it's part of history, so be it. There's lots of history that I don't condone (evidence: Crusades, Nazi's, etc.), but that doesn't make it any less history.

If spending at a certain time, for whatever good reason, is a bad idea, it's a bad idea, plain and simple. If it's risky, then it's still probably a bad idea.

And name calling, while it seem's so harmless, it polarizes people. It serves not to unite in a common cause, but rather, separates us, making us stagnant in the end. Meanwhile, the problem still exists and continues to grow......

Driving a wedge between people will never solve a problem, period. ***And it doesn't matter what side of the fence you're on......***

Last edited by pcarrell; 12-08-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #81 (permalink)
Banned

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Dude, I'm not trying to compromise on anything. I'm just asking why we have to be so adversarial and refuse to find a common ground with which to work from.
Well what do you suggest? How would you solve CA's problem? The left, and MP, think everything is just hunky dory. Actually they seem hellbent on destroying all that's actually productive in the name of whatever the cause du jour is.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #82 (permalink)
IronButt

streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
I don't understand how our CA lib friends can just stick to their guns regarding the progressive fantasy at all costs when they live in a state that is the perfect example of its failure.

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650
streetg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #83 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Well what do you suggest? How would you solve CA's problem? The left, and MP, think everything is just hunky dory. Actually they seem hellbent on destroying all that's actually productive in the name of whatever the cause du jour is.
I just figured out why CA likes to have weed so easily available, it helps keep the citizens from facing the realities of their failed liberal ideals
What? We're broke? Smoke this bone and eat a few of these tofu burgers, it'll be hella alright dude.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #84 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
I''l be the first to admit, I don't have a clue. I'm not in the mix, or have the inside track on anything. But I do notice that people are very divided on their stands on the issues, and finding some common ground to work from, for those on the inside, could only be beneficial.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #85 (permalink)
NRA Life

Hamilton wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Meanwhile, the problem still exists and continues to grow......
Our financial problems continue to exist and grow not because of name calling or lack of common ground. They exist because most of those in elected office have no problem of continually spending other people's money faster than they take it in. And when the money runs out, they have no problem of forcing those who have to pay in, to pay even more.

But sometimes they will find enough nitwits who will vote for higher taxes anyway....go figure. Obviously there's no shortage of nitwits in California.

- Robert Bosch
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #86 (permalink)
IronButt

...which comes back to finding common ground for the different parties to be able to work from.

The problem you point out is, the different parties don't appear to WANT, or find the NEED, to find common ground.

That doesn't degate the ACTUAL need for common ground.......
Old 12-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #87 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
...which comes back to finding common ground for the different parties to be able to work from.

The problem you point out is, the different parties don't appear to WANT, or find the NEED, to find common ground.

That doesn't degate the ACTUAL need for common ground.......
Platitudes.

Budget shortfall, how should it be handled?

My answer: As with the real world when income drops in a household spending NECESSARILY needs to be curtailed.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #88 (permalink)
IronButt

Look, if we adopt an us against them philosophical approach, we all lose. Is that so hard to see, really? .....by either side.....

If you are a top financial analyst for the government, you have an inside track I don't have access to. But if you aren't, I can only assume that you're in the same boat I am. In that case, what's wrong with working together as much as possible, and not trying to derail each other at every turn?

Last edited by pcarrell; 12-08-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #89 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Look, if we adopt an us against them philosophical approach, we all lose. Is that so hard to see, really? .....by either side.....

If you are a top financial analyst for the government, you have an inside track I don't have access to. But if you aren't, I can only assume that you're in the same boat I am. In that case, what's wrong with working together as much as possible, and not trying to derail each other at every turn?
Again, you offer nothing to further the conversation. Nothing different or more productive than mere name calling. What would YOU suggest to solve CA's problem?

You're attempting the same thing MP does except he thinks everything is fine and dandy in CA. Those dopes out there are in a major sinkhole, have been for years and yet they keep voting into office the same party and same spendthrift pols they always have and they demonize anyone who offers a solution from another viewpoint. I go back to previous statements, why should I feel sorry for them? They're doing it to themselves. MP offers compassion. BFD, compassion is killing that state. And this country is heading down the same path with a president who's more interested in scoring political points than fixing any actual problems.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #90 (permalink)
IronButt

The us vs them thing has been perfected, encouraged, expanded and sanctioned by the The Worm Lord Barry. I'm not saying it's new but I am saying that the cic conman in cheif, has brought this to new levels although he claimed 4 years ago that cooperation was one of his main goals. Holding the unscrupulous liar up to his own or any level of honesty gets ones a label of radical right wing lunatic.

Last edited by streetg; 12-08-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.